Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,125 Member
    Options
    Good evening,
    Just wanted to let you know almost all the test for surgery all almost done need to get my MRI tomorrow and I should be done I go to my Dr on Friday to sign off for the surgery I will be glad when its over
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,725 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 2 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 19 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have laundry to fold. That might happen today.

Irene, I hope all goes well with the testing and surgery.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, that's what happened when I tried to make bread! I had no idea what I didn't do right. Good luck with not getting too much snow. I don't think we're expecting any more here. It's going to be highs in the 40s and 50s again.
    Irene, good that you're almost done with the tests. When is your surgery scheduled? Wishing you the best with that.
    Ed, how'd that kiosk project work out? That sounded interesting.
    Pete brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers yesterday morning. 💐 so pretty!
    I went shopping again yesterday, trying to pick up a few things for Will's birthday, and I stopped at the library. I found some nice used children's books for sale there; what a good surprise.
    It's currently 23F, -5C. Partly cloudy. High 47F,8C. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. ☕🌞🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all,
    finally done with all my test I go to my doctor so he can sign off for surgery wish is on Wednesday
  • parityanimal
    edited February 16
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 19 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Still have laundry to fold!

Our kiosk product is going to be displayed to some potential investors today. I don't have a part to play in this and that's fine with me! I have plenty of other stuff to work on.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, glad your tests are done. Good luck with your surgery on Wednesday.
    Ed, my last work environment was the software development lab, pretty much all the testing just before production. We provided a testing platform for the developers, and coordinated development systems with production systems, helping to move the finished products into production. I also liked that things moved on after a while. ;)
    Jo, well the weather report just made a liar of me! Forecast for tonight: Low around 30F, -1C. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 100%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.
    Nothing specific on my agenda for today. I just put in a load of laundry. We're babysitting tomorrow night, and Will's birthday party is Sunday. So, busy weekend ahead.
    It's currently 34F, 1C. Partly cloudy. High 44F,7C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☕🌤️❄️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 37F, windy and sunny. We got a dusting of snow last night.
    Irene-good luck with your upcoming surgery.
    Vix- I also did laundry this morning. How old is Will going to be?
    Hi Ed.
    Just puttering around the house today.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    edited February 17
    Options
    good morning
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Jo, Will will be 5 tomorrow! Time flies! We're babysitting tonight, and the family party will be tomorrow.
    We had some snow overnight, looks like 2-3 inches, but our driveway and sidewalks must have been warm (our house faces south) so the snow didn't stick on them There's a little sun trying to peek through, but still mostly big dark gray cover.
    It's currently 31F,-1C. Partly cloudy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 37F, 3C. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
    Need to do a little cleaning today, may go out later, see if I can get motivated to do that!
    Wishing all a fun-filled weekend. ⛅❄️☃️☕🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning,
    We got a dusting of snow last night just snowed on the grass and the trees looks so pretty .
    hope you all have a great day.
    WE are going to a Valentines dinner and dance tonight we will probably just stay for dinner
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 4 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of only 9 and 1% chance of precipitation.

This is more the type of weather I expect in mid February. We haven't had enough cold weather to satisfy me this winter and not likely to get it either, though the next few days are looking cool enough.

The cats let me sleep in until 8:30, though they did try to get me up a bit earlier. I was late getting to bed and just wasn't having it before 8:00 at all.

I still have laundry to fold, and now that we've reached the weekend after a rather hectic week, it may happen! Jason was up late working every night except last night. There wasn't any new stuff during the late nights that I was needed for, but a programmer in New Jersey was up with him most nights. Friday's demo went very well as a result, thank goodness. I was bringing his supper into his office each night and entertaining myself watching old movies in the living room.

Right now the dishwasher is running, and I have my coffee ready. Grocery shopping later, probably.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning
    Currently 18F with a high of 36F. We had snow showers on and off yesterday.
    Vix-Happy Birthday to Will. Time does fly.
    Irene-I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's dinner.
    Hi Ed
    Nothing planned for today, we will see what the day brings.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 0 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 12 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I still haven't folded that laundry. Maybe today. I have been refreshing it with drying cycles to keep it from getting musty.

The cats let me sleep in today, until 8:45! I had a bit of a late night and appreciated that.

Nothing critical on the agenda. Still pondering late breakfast/brunch options for myself, and am thinking biscuits and gravy. I remember really loving the Nutrisystem biscuit and gravy, during the short time they had that as a breakfast item.

The cats are going to be fed first, as their normal scheduled feeding time is in just a few minutes.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, the Valentine's dinner sounds fun. The trees are beautiful with a bit of snow on them. :)
    Ed, I like some cold too. It was very cold yesterday, a little warmer today. Seems like you two are busy.
    Jo, thanks. Cooler where you are. It only got into the 30s here yesterday. brrr.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone today. I'm glad we got some grandchildren time last night. Our son-in-law has a big family.
    It's currently 27F, -3C. Abundant sunshine. High 47F, 8C. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing, enjoyable Sunday! ☕🌞🎂
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Afternoon update!

All the laundry is folded.

We tried some new (to us) vegetarian wraps from Amy's for lunch. We knew we liked a number of their frozen burritos, and the new (to us) wraps have been added to our list of Amy's food to buy again.

I did not take the following pictures, and needless to say our prepared products did not look nearly as nice as the promotional pictures below.

But that doesn't matter. What matters is how they tasted. I prepared them in the microwave.

We each had one of each wrap. It would have been nice if they had included some tamarind sauce with the samosa wrap, but that would, I'm sure, be a logistics and packaging nightmare for the company.

But I generally have tamarind sauce available as I use it in my homemade steak sauce and barbecue sauces, and we use it for some Indian snack foods that I buy frozen, so that minor issue was easily solved. I just took the bottle of tamarind sauce out of the refrigerator.

Both wraps were tasty enough, though the textures were somewhat lacking from the microwave preparation. Having said THAT, the bready portions did not have any of that horrible, hard chewiness that can occur with some wraps when microwaved, and there was plenty of filling in each wrap. Following the directions and not overcooking is, I'm sure, paramount.

ox5sf9no0tpv.png

cwejefa5njvd.png

zjxin9imjlvg.png

8h2o6sj0sjfc.png
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    well we didn't go to the dinner Sammie got sick yesterday so we decided to just stay home I wouldn't have enjoyed myself with Sammie being sick she seems to be better today even though she had me yp at 2am.Just glad she is feeling better.
    take care Ed the wraps looked good
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 3 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Last night we suddenly lost our sweet Kiara. She had been in good spirits, playing and running around, then about 20 minutes to 6 she laid down in one of her usual spots and had what appeared to be a sudden stroke and was gone in moments. She was just 7 years old. 🙁

I'll be dropping her off for cremation shortly.

xycop6sykojw.png

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    Ed I am so sorry to hear about Kiara she was really young.
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, I buy Amy's products once in a while. They're usually pretty good. The wraps look nice. I see that one of them is gluten free. :) I don't know if I've had tamarind sauce. Interesting.
    Oh my, condolences on losing Kiara. Hugs. 🌈
    Irene, sorry Sammie wasn't feeling well and you missed the dinner. I'm glad she's feeling better.
    Hi Jo.
    The party was nice yesterday. Will is so cute, he dressed up in a suit! Lilly was having fun with her cousin, and there were 2 baby cousins. So that was fun.
    Will see what today brings.
    It's currently 31F, -1C. Plentiful sunshine. High 43F, 6C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟💐
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Deepfake Deception

AI scams are becoming more frequent, and they’re also becoming more sophisticated. In a recent scam, cybercriminals demonstrated just how convincing AI fraud can be by faking an entire video call. In fact, the scammers were able to steal over 200 million Hong Kong dollars by emailing an employee and pretending to be their organization’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO).

The fake CFO asked the employee to make a secret financial transaction. He initially dismissed the email as a phishing attempt. But later, he was lured into attending what he believed was a video meeting with the organization’s CFO and other employees. The meeting attendees looked and sounded exactly like coworkers that the employee recognized, but they were all deepfakes. The scammers used AI technology to create believable video and audio of the CFO. After the meeting, the employee was convinced that the financial request was genuine and he sent the payment as requested.

As AI scams continue to become more realistic, it’s more important than ever to learn how to spot them! Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to an AI scam:

Always be wary of requests that are being sent in an unusual way. Receiving a secret financial transfer request, even from a CFO, isn’t likely genuine!
    Trust your instincts. Immediately report any suspicious requests or emails to your organization’s security team so that they can investigate them.
    Cybercriminals typically try to get you to act impulsively. Always stop and think before taking action.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    Irene-I am glad Sammie is feeling better and sorry that you didn't get to your dinner.
    Vix-Seems like everyone had a good time at the party.
    Currently 37F but it feels a lot colder. Hubby didn't have to work today, so we went for a drive and ran a few errands.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)