Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good Friday morning,
    Ed maybe you can take a nap latter.
    Well I am back to doing our regular walk with out pain.
    Hi Jo
    Vix hope you are enjoying your vacation
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently34F with a high of 55F. The heat is officially on.
    Ed-I hope you can get a nap in today.
    Irene-That is great that you are back walking pain free.
    Sophie kept us awake off and on last night. She had plenty of food and water, so I don't know what her problem was.
    Have a great day. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Well, Jason's father passed peacefully at 9:03 this morning. He's in a better place.

Now we get the fun of remotely helping with funeral home stuff...
  • IreneMurman
    Ed I am so sorry for the death of Jason's father may he rip sending prayers
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jason at this sad time.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 3 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 22 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I got my "pretty quiet workday" yesterday, and the HVAC maintenance was postponed until next Tuesday.

Today they are arranging for the cremation. Tonight we have (if we go) a party to attend, planned weeks ago, after the last pool party of the summer. Tonight is a late Halloween party with a turkey dinner.

If we go, I may make my fiesta hash brown casserole so Jason will be sure to have something to eat.

Regardless, I need to get to the grocery this morning or afternoon.

Jason will decide later whether he is up to it. I'll drive and we needn't stay too long if he gets tired.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 18 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 23 and 0% chance of precipitation.

We did go to the party last night and Jason insisted on driving. It was his first time driving since the surgery. There was some discomfort for him, but he managed. I was, of course, prepared to take over if necessary. He drove home too, and after the driving and the party, both of us were exhausted. Nice that we got the extra hour of sleep last night. The cats were not too thrilled at having their feeding time pushed back an hour though.

He's still not anywhere near up to driving for 6 or 7 hours, up to Kentucky, but is assisting remotely with taking care of the necessary stuff up there. We paid for the cremation already, but will still need to buy a marker for the burial spot, at some point.

Now the search is on for a new place for his mother to live, as she is not eligible to stay in the small apartment they had been living in, and would prefer a little more room anyway. She has begun cleaning up and preparing.

There is a senior living facility that sounds promising and is ideally located for her. If they have an opening, we will help pay initial costs for that, and if necessary will assist with the rent. I feel sure they will find something for her before she has to move.

I got some of the groceries yesterday, but need to get the rest today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 61F and cloudy.
    Ed-I am glad you and Jason went to the party. I hope you can find a place for Jason's mother that suits her needs.
    Hi Irene.
    Vix-I hope you are having a wonderful vacation.
    We went to Ikea to pick up a few things and to Petco for cat litter, and have nothing planned for the rest of the day.
    Have a relaxing Sunday! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 7 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 25 with 2% chance of precipitation.

I got the rest of the groceries yesterday so we are fairly well set for the week.

Back to work today.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 48F with a high of 50 and cloudy.
    I finished all my house work, ran to walmart and target to get a few things, trimmed my mum plants and I am going to make
    whole berry cranberry sauce. After that I am done for the day and plan to sit and read my book.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

It's also voting day.

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 26 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Our re-scheduled HVAC maintenance is this afternoon too.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 58F with a high of 65. The day started out rainy, but now the sun is trying to shine.
    My cataract surgery is scheduled for Thursday at 2:30, on my right eye and the following Thursday I will
    have the left eye done. I am a little nervous, but also excited that I won't have to wear glasses.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Work calls.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Good luck Jo but I am sure you will be ok I will keep you in my prayers.
    Hi ED and Vix
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 39F with a high of49F. The sun is shining, but it it windy.
    Irene-Thank you for the prayers.
    Hi Ed and Vix.
    Today is laundry day.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 15 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 25 and 2% chance of precipitation.

We have been pretty busy at work, though not a lot at the moment for me to test. We did finish putting together some hardware yesterday for a self checkout terminal that the team is writing software for.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Jo, best wishes with your surgery. I'm sure it'll be great not to wear glasses!
    Ed, condolences to you, Jason, and family on the loss of his Dad. It's good of you both to take care of the funeral details, and helping his mother relocate. It's so hard when someone passes away. Hugs and strength to you both.
    I'm glad Jason is feeling better every day, but it's important to be careful and make sure to give recovery enough time. Glad you got out to see some friends.
    Irene, so glad you are recovered and able to do your regular walks again. I'm sure that makes you happy.
    Our vacation was wonderful. We lucked out with great weather. We did a lot of walking, went to Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Dead Horse Point State Park, and off on a side road to see some petroglyphs. It wasn't crowded, and the air was clear and fresh. The night sky was dark and full of stars that we don't get to see anymore. It was beautiful.
    Back home, it's currently 57F, 14C. Partly to mostly cloudy. Near record high temperatures. High 71F, 22C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chilling off tomorrow!
    Doing lots of laundry today, and our housecleaner is here. Pete (hubby) is out to the grocery store.
    Wishing all a fine day. 🍂🍁🌤️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 16 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 20 and 71% chance of precipitation.

It looks like Jason's mother has found a house to move into for a reasonable rent. We're still ready to assist with rent/utilities/cable, etc if necessary.

Yesterday a huge basket with some living plants and a few cut flowers arrived from our employer. We had previously received some wind chimes and a Door Dash gift card.

We may use the gift card this weekend.

Work awaits.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Ed, what a nice surprise from your employer! Glad Jason's Mom found a new house.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I did a lot of laundry yesterday, and need to do some paperwork today. I also have a massage scheduled later this morning, which will be nice.
    It's currently 47F, 8C and raining. Cloudy with periods of rain. High 49F, 9C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch. Looks like highs in the 50s and 60s for the next 10 days.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🍁🍂☔
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is currently 49F with a high of 50F.
    Surgery went well and I will have the left eye done next Thursday. I will be off from work until after the 2nd surgery, and no
    driving.
    Vix-I am glad you had a nice vacation and the weather was good.
    Ed-I am glad Jason's mother found a house. What a generous surprise from your employers.
    I am just puttering around the house today.
    Have a good weekend. :)