Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning
    Currently63F with a high of 77F. Sunny is shining and it is shaping up to be a good day.
    We are going to get our covid shots today.
    Vix-enjoy your massage.
    Ed-good luck to you and Jason today.
    Irene-happy Friday.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    Good morning
    Jo, good for you for getting your shots.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    I'm hoping to start getting organized for our trip today. Get my exercise in, etc.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Sunny to partly cloudy. Near record high temperatures. High 81F, 27C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. 🌞🎃🍁🥂
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good Saturday morning,
    Vix where are you going?
    Jo we are planning on getting our shots just haven't done it yet ,I did get my flu shot.
    Ed hope you and Jason are doing good
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    edited October 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 19 sunny degrees with a warm, sunny high of 27 expected and 1% chance of precipitation.

Jason's drain tubes came out with no apparent issues. In good news, I don't have a hernia, but will need surgery anyway (which I knew) so my surgery will at least not be complicated by that! We haven't made any firm plans with the hospital or doctors for my surgery date but will need to wait until Jason is more healed up. He may take a few weeks to heal up yet, but seems to be moving on with the healing process.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sorry you will need surgery, but glad it's less complicated. Wishing Jason a speedy recovery.
    Irene, good for you for getting your flu shot. We are going to Utah. We're going to see Arches National Park and a couple of other parks near there.
    Jo, hope you are having a nice weekend.
    It's currently 62F,17C. Cloudy with periods of rain. High near 70F, 21C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%.
    A quiet day for me today. Doing some laundry, exercise, and getting things ready for our trip.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🍁🎃🕊️🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees, with an expected sunny high of 27 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out to the grocery for a few things, and to PetSmart for cat food. And there seems to always be laundry.

I made biscuits with sausage gravy for my Sunday breakfast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 16 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 26 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Well, it's back to work day after what seemed too short a weekend. Jason is moving slowly, but he IS moving, though he feels best when settled down. He is going to try to work today, but may not make it a full day yet. I'm sure it will be fine regardless.

Still laundry to fold. And testing to do.

• eku0
    edited October 2023
    good morning
    Ed, time is slipping by quickly! Sending healing wishes to Jason. It's good that he's up and about a bit. Hugs to you both.
    Hi Jo and Irene, hope all is well.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning and some errands to run. Did laundry yesterday, and some minor clearing out. Need to do more of that (not right now!), but also need to get ready for our trip. I may pack today because tomorrow will be busy with my crafts and Halloween.
    It's currently 57F, 14C. Areas of patchy fog early. Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers this afternoon. High 72F. SW winds shifting to NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🍁🍂🎃👻😉
  • IreneMurman
    Happy Monday morning
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We have 9 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 16 and 43% chance of rain. We might have frost tonight!

Another day, another dollar (50 cents after taxes).

• eku0
    edited October 2023
    good morning
    p0lh6yqzamxu.png

Busy day, crafts, Halloween, finish packing.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. Partly cloudy. High 53F, 12C. Winds light and variable.
    See you all next week, if not sooner.
    Wishing all a fun day and a good week!🍂🍁🎃🎃🎃
  • IreneMurman
    Happy Halloween
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Halloween!
    It is currently 45F. I may have to turn on the heat.
    Vix-Have a wonderful trip!
    Ed-Happy to hear Jason is on the mend and sorry you have to have surgery.
    Hi Irene.
    I just realized that I didn't checked in all weekend. On Saturday I went to a pop up market. There were about 50 vendors,
    mostly halloween themed. Sunday I went to the grocery store and ran a few other errands. Yesterday I just puttered around the house.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -3) with an expected sunny high of 13 and no chance of precipitation. We also have a low humidity warning for the area.

Jason is better every day, but still gets very tired after only minimal work. I'm trying to keep the food interesting while making sure he gets what his body needs to heal.

My surgery is tentatively scheduled for December 5, so hopefully he'll be completely up to snuff by then!

Supper last night was home made taco salad (no shells) and breakfast this morning was a waffle, sausage, cheese, and egg sandwich drizzled with real maple syrup. Whole grain, reduced carb, protein waffles of course. The syrup was a big indulgence but my blood glucose was low enough this morning that I felt it would be fine. I usually have that sandwich without syrup.

Work awaits.

• Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Currently 43F and rainy.
    Ed-glad Jason is feeling better. Your breakfast sounds good.
    After work, I came home and made chocolate chip cookies for hubby. Then did nothing much for the rest of the day.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2023
    Jason's father (my father in law) is in the hospital, since the day after Jason's surgery, having let things get so bad there was no choice. He has a clot in his aorta, pneumonia, and bed sores. He has not been doing well for many years, and has reached the end.

They have started in-hospital hospice and he is on morphine now. While initially there was talk about moving him to an assisted living facility (should have been done years ago, but he wouldn't hear of it) he has made peace with himself, that he is at the end and is OK with this.

Jason wanted to go up, but it is just not possible at this time, as Jason is not well enough to travel, and really can't be that far from our doctors here during his recovery.

Jason has made peace with this, and will be checking in periodically with the folks in Kentucky. I am sad that he CAN'T go, but at the same time glad that he's NOT going, as I'd have been terrified for him the whole time. If he had insisted on going, something he almost did, we would have worked something out, but realistically there is nothing that he could do there that he can't do from here, as he's not physically able to do very much yet.

He has been getting on video calls with the family. I'm probably more visibly upset about this than Jason is.

Jason is the most educated person in his family, and arguably the smartest, so they depend on him to interpret what the medical people were saying, and I'm sure they are upset that he can't come, but they understand that it's not a good idea at all. I think he has said his goodbye, though he may still be able to speak to his father another time or two before his father's passing.

• parityanimal
    edited November 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degree (feels like -2) with an expected sunny high of 14 and 0% chance of precipitation. You may be sure that our heat is on!

There is still a little laundry left to fold. I got a lot done yesterday, and for once Dinah did not show up to help. She was napping on the couch. I guess she didn't hear me open the dryer door from there. Just some bedclothes left to fold.

And work awaits as well.

• IreneMurman
    Good Morning,
    Ed I am so sorry Jason is going threw this,
    Sending prayers for peaceful passing
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    Ed-I am sorry to hear about Jason's Father. I will keep you all in my prayers at this difficult time. Hugs!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 0 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 18 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Jason was up all night dealing remotely with issues at the hospital where his father is a patient. There was a misunderstanding between the hospice instructions and the hospital staff and my sister-in-law was extremely upset by the hospital staff.

Everything seems to be sorted now, so Jason has finally laid down. Once again he was champing at the bit (in the wee hours yet) to pack up and go to Kentucky but I talked him down. Hopefully the remaining time will go without any more issues.

With the large interruption in my sleep, I could use more myself.

This afternoon we have our fall/winter HVAC maintenance.

Hoping for a quiet work day.