Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good evening;
    Currently 57F. It was a little chilly today. My daughter and I went to Veg Fest. We got to try samples of vegan food. It was ok, but I am not ready to give up eating meat. There were not as many vendors as in past years.
    I have a physical scheduled for tomorrow morning.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    edited October 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 5) with an expected partly cloudy high of 14 and 5% chance of precipitation.

With the weather changing, my hips and knees have not been happy at all. Shopping on Saturday was a literal pain! Regardless, I HAVE to do some laundry today, as Jason is out of clean undershirts and I haven't even done the laundry he brought back from his Kentucky trip.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,366 Member
    good morning
    Jo, the Veg Fest sounds like fun. It's good to try new things. I haven't given up meat either, though I have tried to cut down. It's still the easiest way to get protein. Good luck with your physical today.
    Ed, yep, hips and knees a bit more achy. It's best to keep moving. I'm waiting til later for my walks, when it's a little warmer.
    I started cleaning the fridge yesterday and hope to finish that today, along with running some errands.
    It's currently 43F, 6C. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 58F, 14C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week. 🍂💡🌞🎃
  • eku0
    edited October 2023
    good morning
    It's currently 49F, 9C. Partly to mostly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 61F, 16C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm off to craft day today, and to run some errands in Westminster while I'm there.
    I finished cleaning the fridge, but didn't do the freezer part, maybe tomorrow. Also got some paperwork done, and put some things out of the way for the upcoming baby shower.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday! 🎃🍂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 19 and 3% chance of precipitation.

We'll see what the day looks like at work.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 60F and sunny.
    Physical went well and blood work was good. I have to go back in Jan. for a BP check.
    Ed-I hope you are having a good day at work.
    Vix-What are you making in clay class?
    I am going to email Irene again to see if the link worked for her.
    Just puttering around the yard today.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 21 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I need to get some laundry folded, some other laundry washed, and to get out to the store for my toothpaste. I'd have sworn I had another tube in the cabinet but when I looked it wasn't there.

I may dig around some more to be even more sure, but I always store it in the same place in the cabinet so must have forgotten to put it on the list when I opened the last tube. Oh well, there was enough left in the old tube for this morning anyway.

Hopefully some more changes to test today at work.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    good morning thanks JO for helping me need to start my exercise for today will talk later
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, glad you're back!
    Jo, glad your physical went well. I'm just puttering around in clay class. Made a couple of little pumpkin tea light holders, and some little ornaments to put on holiday packages. I'm starting to make some simple cardinals for holiday suncatchers or ornaments in stained glass.
    Ed, hope you catch up on your chores.
    It's currently 47F, 8C, put a light coat on for my walk. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 63F,17C. Winds light and variable.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning and need to run some errands.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day! 🌞🍂🎃
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 61F and cloudy.
    Irene-I am so glad you were able to find us. Are you getting use to the new computer?
    Vix-your projects sound like fun.
    Hi Ed.
    After work, I got my hair colored and cut, stopped and picked up a few things at the dollar store, Petco for cat litter and dropped a few things off at Goodwill.
    I am now doing laundry and reading.
    Have a relaxing evening. :)
  • eku0
    edited October 2023
    good morning
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Jo, always nice to get your hair done. Glad you are relaxing a little.
    I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon. It's been a while.
    It's currently 43F, 6C. Partly to mostly cloudy. High 68F, 20C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a mammogram scheduled for this morning. And I will do some shopping in Eldersburg while I'm there. There's a Michael's and I need to look for a few things.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🍂🎃🌥️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Glad you made it back, Irene. I had sent an email too. You probably thought it was spam because I have a weird email address. But I did try!

We have 8 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 22 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I'm not sure what the work day will bring today, but I do still have laundry to catch up on.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Jo did you go back to work? The last time I knew you just retired.
    My foot is still healing and still wearing a brace still hurts sometimes.
    When I got my stitches out was painless which I am happy about. I am now trying to loose the weight I put on since I couldn't exercise.
    take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Irene-I did go back to work 3 days a week, 15 hours total.
    Ed-Get that laundry done. :p
    Vix-good luck on your mammogram.
    It is currently 62F and sunny. After work, I came home and dusted, vacuumed and washed the kitchen floor.
    I am now getting ready to sit and read my book.
    Enjoy your day! :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 13) with an expected cloudy high of 23 and 30% chance of precipitation.

Sounds gloomy, but not too bad really.

We'll see what's on the agenda at work today.

• IreneMurman
    Good Friday morning,
    Jo enjoy working.
    I went to the Dr yesterday for my check up and everything looks good he wants me to only wear my brace when I am on uneven walk ways I do plan on wearing it on the treadmill until I get more stable. don't need to go back until next year.
    Today I am meeting a girlfriend for lunch haven't seen her for in while
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, nice to see you back. Sorry your foot is still bothering you. May the rest of the healing process go swiftly. Have fun with your friend. :)
    Jo, you always fit so much into each day! Mammogram was easy peasy. Glad it's done for another year.
    Ed, hope you have a nice easy day at work.
    My haircut was meh. Doesn't look anywhere near the picture she showed me (which I liked). I'm trying to grow out all the color. It's too brittle to bleach and match my roots. Looks like a little neglected fuzz ball. :(
    It's currently 60F, 16C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to cloudy skies and rain during the afternoon. High 69F, 21C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
    My house cleaner is here today, so I'm getting rid of the clutter while she cleans. Baby shower is on Sunday, so I want the house to look good.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a fun weekend. 🍂🍁🎃🍷🍷🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-Good news on your foot healing.
    Vix-Haircuts never seem to look like the picture you show the hair stylist. For the moment I have given up and am letting my hair grow. It is now shoulder length.
    Ed-Did you get the laundry done? :)
    Currently 66F and cloudy.
    I finished reading The 23rd midnight by James Patterson. It is his Women's murder club series.
    We went out to lunch at a Lebanese restaurant. I had lamb kabob and hubby had beef kabob. It came with rice and a
    stewed tomato and salad. It was good and filling, we brought half of it home.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    hope everyone has a great day.
    had a nice time with my girlfriend it was a nice lunch
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 58F and rainy.
    Today is hubby's birthday. I made him breakfast this morning eggs, toast, sausages and hash browns. His usual breakfast is
    oatmeal and a banana, so he was happy.
    Irene-It is nice to meet up with friends.
    Hi Ed and Vix.
    Such a gloomy day out, I haven't decided if I want to go out in the rain or not. We shall see. ;)
    Have a great day! :)