Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    Well the DR wants me to watch my salt intake so my swelling will be good . I have never had any problems with salt I don't even cook with it. Last night we had Chinese food last night I could feel my foot swelling up I guess I need to stay away from Chinese food for awhile .
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 28 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 33 and 0% chance of precipitation, so I guess I'll have to turn on the hose and make my own rain for the container garden.

We had a late lunch yesterday, as planned, at Shah's, the Middle Eastern halal restaurant. They offer a limited variety of platters, gyro wraps, and salads, but for those not looking for that sort of food, they also offer American style burgers, chicken sandwiches, and Philly cheese steak sandwiches. They seem to be a somewhat widespread franchise chain that we had never heard of.

Jason had a falafel wrap and I had a kofta kabob wrap. We both had fries as well. There was a LOT of food in the order, and it was a very satisfying meal. We will be back for more!

The other restaurant that we didn't really care for is called Pita, and it might be a fairly large chain too. I'm not going to say that Pita is BAD, because they aren't really. They are, at least in our opinions, more than somewhat mediocre. Your mileage could well vary, and it could just be that our local restaurant isn't up to par or something.

Sausage and whole grain protein waffles for breakfast.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon
    It is currently 81F, sunny with a nice breeze. I have been sitting on the deck reading.
    We went to the mall and walked around and then went out to lunch.
    Vix-Have a good trip.
    Irene-Chinese food has a lot of salt in it, listen to the Dr.
    Ed-I love middle eastern food. I usually get a lamb gyro wrap.
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 35 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I think I'll stay inside as much as possible.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I got my walk in yesterday 3.88 miles. I also went to my old work and visited for a while. It was good to see everyone. They still haven't replaced me. I talked with the store manager and said I would come back and work a few days a week if they would pay me a decent wage. It is being looked into. I enjoy being retired, but I also miss working. I like to keep busy.
    Have a great day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    Jo good luck with getting what you want from your old boss. I know a lot of people that go back to work after they retire.
    Today I go back to the DR today he may take the stitches out.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 36 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have retired twice but ended up going back to work both times, albeit with different companies, and am working still. Just had my two year anniversary with the company!

Plenty to look at today for work.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 24 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinah has a vet appointment this afternoon for her annual stuff.

Work awaits.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning,
    It is currently 60F with a high of 79F. It was a beautiful morning for a walk. I did 3.64 miles.
    Irene-I hope you got your stitches out yesterday.
    Ed-How did Dinah fair at the vet?
    Vix-I hope you are having a great time.
    I have to go for an ultrasound of my kidney today. I have been having symptoms of a stone.
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with and expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 16% chance of precipitation. Guess I'll be watering the container garden tonight.

Dinah did fine at the vet. They think she could use a tooth cleaning and we will consider that.

We'll see what awaits in the workplace this morning.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 36 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I made slow cooker chicken Marsala yesterday, so that, with some mashed potatoes, was my dinner. Jason was out for a physical therapy appointment and picked up his lunch and dinner while out, getting some fried rice at a nearby restaurant.

I have some leftover chicken Marsala for my lunch and, maybe, another meal, depending on whether I make mashed potatoes to go with the rest it or a bunch of noodles and chunk it up with them.

Either way, I'm sure it will be nice.

New thing to play with at work, and I'm sure there will still be more updates to already existing projects.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sultry Saturday!

We have 26 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 36 and 15% chance of precipitation.

It's going to be a hot one, for sure. I need to get my grocery shopping done early and get back in.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 29 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected overcast high of 34 and 100% chance of precipitation.

There is a marginal chance of severe weather today, but the forecast does not indicate thunderstorms.

I probably need to get some laundry going today.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Irene, I hope you got your stitches out and are feeling better. If you want an occasional Chinese food, ask them if they can make your meal without the MSG, and don't add soy sauce to anything they bring you. MSG and soy sauce have crazy amounts of salt. I used to get steamed meals and ask them to put the sauce on the side.
    Jo, retirement is nice but I can see working part time. I have lots of projects, and I go to my craft groups which keeps me busy. You may also like a book club, they're nice if you find a good group of people.
    Ed, sounds like you've been keeping busy and eating some yummy food. It does seem that you like to work.
    We had a nice vacation, got back last night. We went for morning walks on the beach, and in the evening spent time on the beach in the shade of the hotel. It was too hot to sit on the beach in the sun.
    If you go, Brookgreen Gardens is really nice. Also, your ticket is good for a week, so you can go back to see parts you missed. There's a huge sculpture garden, some exhibit halls, a zoo area which is a habitat for some of the local wildlife, a butterfly pavillion, and a lowlands history area. It used to be a rice plantation.
    We went for a sunset cruise at Murrells Inlet, and there was a small boardwalk and several seafood restaurants there.
    It was nice to be away from the routine, news, etc.
    Today, I watered my plants and am doing a lot of laundry!
    It's currently 79F, 26C. Today's forecast is for partly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 84F, 29C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a pleasant Sunday. 🍨🌷🌻🌼🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 69% chance of precipitation that could include some thunderstorms.

I have laundry to fold, and more to wash as well.

Back to work in a bit!

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, hope you're good through the storms. I did laundry all day yesterday!
    It's currently 71F, 22C and overcast. Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 82F, 28C. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I made moussaka for dinner last night, was delicious.
    I have a massage scheduled this morning. So good!
    Hubby's birthday today, so we'll go out to dinner tonight, he gets to pick a place.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week. 🤸🌻🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 75% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

Dinah and I got all the laundry folded. I still have more to wash. One pair of blue jeans had to wait a while before I could put it away, as Dinah decided it was the best place to rest and have a short nap.

9saxo0vj4x0o.png
    vllysjw3af3d.png

I still have more laundry to wash, dry, and fold and I'm sure she will be as helpful as always.

• eku0
    good morning
    Off to craft day in a few minutes.
    It's currently 70F,21C. Cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F, 28C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fun day. 😊
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 69F with a high of 80F.
    Vix-I am glad you had a nice vacation. Happy Birthday to Pete!
    Ed-Glad Dinah had a good vet visit.
    Hi Irene.
    I just realized that I haven't been on in a few days, lots going on. Thursday I am going to Day Surgery to have a few more kidney stones taken care of. I have also applied to my old job to work a few days a week. And I bought a new car, a NIssan Kicks.
    Enjoy our day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's Wonderful Wednesday! We have 23 (Celsius) mostly cloudy with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 42% chance of precipitation that could include some thundershowers.

I have taken the rest of the week off. I'm having a minor surgical procedure this morning and the weekend is DragonCon in downtown Atlanta.