Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning.
    Pete and I went out for lunch on Monday to a place called the Mad Chef. It was good. He had some tacos (shrimp and gyro filled), and I had a couscous salad. And we had some guacamole and chips for the appetizer.
    Ed, cute picture of Dinah. She's really a pretty cat. Best wishes for a safe and easy procedure today, and have fun at DragonCon. Take pictures!
    Jo, how exciting, a new car! I just took a look at the Kicks online, what a cute car! What color did you get? Thanks for the birthday wishes for Pete. And best wishes for a safe and easy procedure tomorrow.
    Irene, how are you doing? I hope your foot is feeling much better and you're starting to get back to normal.
    It's currently 71F, 22C here. Partly cloudy. High 84F,29C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I'm working on a lot of projects at home, but I want to go to Barnes and Noble today and pick up a book or 2 for our grandson. He's currently into wolves! πŸ˜‚
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening
    Ed-Good luck with your procedure and have fun at DragonCon.
    Vix-The color I got is Electric Blue. I usually go for more neutral colors, but decided to get out of my comfort zone.
    I managed to get out for my walk this morning between rain showers. I also went to the car dealer to pick my registration and get an inspection sticker.
    Irene-I hope your foot is getting better each day.
    Have a good evening! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I like the electric blue! It'll make it easier to find in a parking lot (I once had a car in a similar color, loved it!)
    It's currently 63F, 17C, great walking weather. Abundant sunshine. High 81F, 27C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing everyone a calm and gentle Thursday. 🌞🌷🍷
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 7% chance of precipitation. We had enough over the last couple of days, so I could use a day without rain.

My procedure went well, but I am sore and a bit tired still. I'll likely take a nap after (or maybe even before) lunch. After the procedure yesterday, we stopped at an Egg Harbor Cafe for a late breakfast and then I took a nap right after we got home. That lasted a couple of hours and didn't seem long enough, but between the noise of the lawn crew and the cats checking up on me it was all I was fated to get.

The cats let me sleep in a bit this morning, though Dinah seems to think that I absolutely have to get up by 8:30 as she tends to start poking and meowing shortly before that time, every morning, even though I don't usually feed them until 9:30 or so. Maybe she wants to be sure I'm good and awake by her breakfast time.

Now I'm drinking my tea, and looking forward to coffee after. I had biscuits and hot sausage gravy for breakfast.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning.
    Ed-I am glad your procedure went well.
    Mine didn't go as well. The stone was imbedded and the area swollen. The Dr. put a stent in hoping that will help to pass the stone.
    If not I have to go in for another procedure.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Currently 58F with a high of 7F. It is supposed to be a gorgeous weekend.
    Enjoy! :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees, with an expected mostly cloudy high of 28 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I am feeling a bit less achy this morning, though there is still some slight swelling. Hope your stone passes, Joanne!

We'll probably head downtown sometime this evening to pick up our DragonCon passes.

Scrambled eggs and a biscuit for breakfast.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Oops, my note from yesterday didn't post!
    Ed, I'm glad your procedure went well. Hopefully the achiness and swelling will heal quickly, and you'll get your energy back.
    Jo, sorry your procedure did not go as well. I hope the stent does it's job and that you're feeling better soon. Take good care of yourself.
    Irene, I hope you're up and about and your foot is healing nicely.
    It was 55F, 13C when I went for my walk this morning. Forecast is for sunny skies. High 86F, 30C. Winds light and variable.
    I am meeting with my co-mom for brunch this morning to catch up and start planning the baby shower.
    I need to do some cleaning and work on some projects when I get home.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. 🌺🌞🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 21 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We never did get downtown to DragonCon yet. Maybe today. Jason had to work on something rather late into the evening so I just made us some veggie burgers with cheese and egg, and had a martini watching videos.

I do need to get to the grocery sometime this weekend and I need to sweep the bathrooms, clean the bathrooms, and vacuum the carpeted areas in the house.

• eku0
    edited September 2023
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you get to DragonCon, sounds like fun. I cleaned bathrooms yesterday too.
    Jo, I hope you're feeling better.
    Irene, I hope you're able to get back to your walks. I know you love them.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. We're going to have several very hot days coming up. Plentiful sunshine. Hot. High around 95F, 35C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    The brunch yesterday was good, we chatted away the whole time.
    We're going to our granddaughter's party this afternoon. Fun times. :)πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚
    Wishing all a pleasant Sunday. Stay cool! πŸŒžπŸ˜Žβ„οΈ
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 26 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 27) with an expected sunny high of 30 and 0% chance of precipitation. I nee to water the container garden for sure.

We did get to DragonCon yesterday, and I may get back down there today. I only took a few pictures as we walked to get what we needed done.

A robot dog at the check-in line, some Halloween Town characters, and a few interesting costumes I saw.

hqwj6j4byec8.png

7rrjyha3jh8c.png

mp7xb80b4e8t.png

juhwt2xrq42j.png

vhm41capsy6z.png

Me, sitting behind the banner of one of the DragonCon vendors. I didn't actually see anything I wanted there but was using his chair to rest for a minute. Jason took this picture.

f7a5snqibljc.png

This year's DragonCon souvenir cane. No blade in this one, but I found I needed a utility cane as I had forgotten to bring my usual one. I may go back tomorrow to look for a sword cane.

ov351x78zb3c.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, those are some fun pictures! Do people dress as dragons too, or just dragon slayers (and miscellaneous/Halloween)?
    We had a nice time at our granddaughter's party yesterday. Always great to see all the little kids, and nice to see the in-laws and friends. Lilly lights up a room, and Will is such a sweet little man. πŸ’—
    It's currently 79F, 26C, heating up quickly. A mix of clouds and sun today. Near record high temperatures. High 96F, 36C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a lot of appointments coming up this week and next, and I need to schedule a maintenance visit for my car. Just going to relax today, and maybe work on some of my projects.
    Wishing all a relaxing, enjoyable Labor Day. Stay cool!πŸ˜Žβ„οΈπŸ·

• parityanimal
    edited September 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Happy Labor Day!

We have 26 sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I went back to DragonCon for a short while yesterday, and got a sword cane to add to my collection.

6gqj2atf353u.png
    l3qdjm92whjd.png

People dress up as all sorts of characters from science fiction, fantasy, and comic books (or the movies made from them) and there are thousands of people in these various costumes. They also come as characters from video games and there are a few original costumes. One person this year was dressed as Clippy, one of the first Microsoft assistant thingys. I didn't wander through all the host hotels to take pictures, as I really wasn't up to it, so just snapped the few I did while going from one place to another on my (very short) agenda for the year. I knew I wanted to get a few things, and maybe meet another friend from out of town (didn't happen) but even with my handicap access (can't really stand in long lines, my bg can plummet very quickly) I knew I wasn't going to be up to seeing all the crowds.

Today our friends from Pittsburgh, PA will be checking out of their hotel downtown and coming out to stay with us for a few days. I definitely need to get that cleaning done, and I have some laundry to fold and grocery shopping to do.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Happy labor day!
    Currently 83F with a high of 86F and humid. I have been taking it easy the last few days. Today I did get out and walk, but only did one mile.
    Ed-nice cane and pictures.
    Vix-It's nice that your grandchildren live close and you get to spend time with them.
    Hi Irene-I hope you are doing well.
    Have a good afternoon! :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2023
    good morning
    Cool canes, Ed. I'm not good in crowds either. Nice that you're getting a visit from PA friends. :)
    Jo, I hope you're feeling better. My usual morning walk is about 1 mile. It's a good distance. I am overjoyed that my children and grandchildren live close by. I know how lucky I am. They just light up my life. πŸ₯°
    Hi Irene, hope all is well.
    It's currently 71F,22C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. Near record high temperatures. High 97F, 36CπŸ₯΅. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Off to craft day in a little while.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week! πŸͺ™πŸŒžπŸŒ»
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 69F with a high of 87F. It is going to be a hot week.
    I went for a 2 mile walk this morning and did 30 min. on the elliptical. On the agenda today is house work, run a few errands and make a few phone calls. That should keep me busy most of the day.
    Have a great start to your week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 25 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 32 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I got some of the shopping done, with one of the guests, and then the rest of the essential cleaning done, albeit while both guests were dozing on the couch and loveseat, and then Dinah and I got the laundry all folded and put away. Jason finally got back from the Labor Day pool party, and we went out for a late dinner at a nice Japanese restaurant. I had some fried oysters with a dab of horseradish, and choice of a mayonnaise based dip or a savory brown sauce (delicious!) and and, oddly enough, a burger platter. This was a large burger patty, with very savory Japanese barbecue sauce, served over an unexpected pile of french fries, with a small bowl of cold noodles with a mayonnaise based dressing and shreds of crab (or at least fake crab) meat. There was also a large pile of shredded cabbage (one came with the oysters too) that had a small amount of mayo on top, and, on the hamburger dinner, two large pieces of raw broccoli, with that inevitable dab of mayo as well. I didn't eat the rice, or very many of the fries, but ate every bite of the cold noodles. I left most of the cabbage and half the broccoli too, but ate all the hamburger. It was a very satisfying meal.

Came home, had a gin and tonic, fed Remus his mealworms, yogurt and fruit, and went to bed.

I need to get out for cat food today or tomorrow, and for the rest of the groceries, if I decide any of them are critical. I tried to get all the critical stuff yesterday.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 27 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 29) with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out to buy cat food and maybe eggs. Possibly a few other groceries might be in order too.

And we are going to an Illusions exhibit that is near downtown. It should be interesting.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, good for you for all the walking! Haha, a few things a day keeps me busy too. Hope you're feeling better.
    Ed, your Japanese dinner sounds interesting. I didn't think they used mayo, surprising.
    I'm just back from a visit with my pain doc. Need to get some x-rays and will make an appt for some physical therapy.
    I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon. Guess I'll go for the x-rays after that.
    It's currently 88F, 31C. Abundant sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 99F, 37C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 74F with a high of 93F and humid. I managed to walk 3.5 miles today and did 30 minutes on the elliptical.
    Vix-I hope the PT helps. I also have to go for an x-ray today to check if the kidney stone has moved any. I have a appt.
    for day surgery on the 22 for another lithotripsy if I don't pass the stone by then.
    Today is my Anniversary, 48 years and my son and daughter-in-law have been married 11 years.
    Today is laundry and the library.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo and hubby!!!
    dq8ohgiprl2g.png
    And many more years of happiness together!

(We're coming up on our 48th in December, son and wife just had 4th, daughter and husband coming up on 13th in November!) Time flies!
    You're doing great with your exercise, and I hope the stone passes soon.
    Wishing you a wonderful day! Celebrate!
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 94F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    I have a follow up appt with the neurologist this afternoon. Lots of appts this week and next.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. πŸ¦‹πŸŒ·πŸŒ»