Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good Saturday morning,
    it is really cloudy and smokey here I think it is still all the smoke from Canada.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    edited July 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 27 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 30) with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 31% chance of precipitation. We were definitely part of yesterday's 33% with a thunderstorm rolling in about 2:00 in the afternoon.

We tried our first ramen restaurant last night. The food was all delicious.

Today I made biscuits and turkey sausage gravy for breakfast, fed the cats, cleaned the big, heavy cat fountain in the kitchen, and have changed the AC filter. I need to deep clean the lint system in the dryer, but I'm rather tired right now so I think I'll just relax for a while and finish my tea. I also need to go grocery shopping sometime this weekend, but may wait until tomorrow.

05n825kvth05.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Irene, the smoke is really awful. It must be horrific living close to the fires.
    Jo, hope all is well.
    Ed, that's hot. We had a whopper of a t-storm yesterday afternoon too. Needed the rain.
    It's currently 74F, 23C. Cloudy skies this morning followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 83F, 28C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Going to a party later at our daughter's house. That'll be fun.
    Wishing all a happy weekend!
  • parityanimal
    It wasn't just hot today, but incredibly humid. Still, I got the shopping done, Kroger and the liquor store, and since July 1 is International Chicken Wing day, I bought a small package of roasted chicken wings at Kroger. The wings, warmed up and served with a small cup of mashed potatoes, and a tiny cherry pie with a scoop of ice cream, made a lovely supper for me.

I have been drinking extra water this afternoon and evening, and took a salt tablet, because I know I sweated out a lot of salt in the process of getting my shopping done.

Now just relaxing and pondering what J will have for supper.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning
    Currently 64F with a high of 75F. The air quality is unhealthy, with a 50% chance of rain this afternoon.
    My daughter is coming over today and we are having veggie lasagna. Since there is a 50% change of rain I am glad I decided not to cook out today.
    I walked 2.4miles around the neighborhood yesterday, puttered around the yard and finished another book.
    Have a relaxing Sunday!
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, was humid here too. Chicken wing day, hmmm. haha, not on my calendar. 😂
    Jo, air quality is not great here either. Veggie lasagna sounds yummy. And that sounds like a good walk. Reading anything good? I've been mostly reading light rom-com type novels lately.
    Irene, I hope you're getting some nice pool weather.
    It's currently 76F, 24C here. Cloudy early, then thunderstorms developing this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 84F, 29C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph (they're expecting more wind).
    No special plans for today.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 28 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 30) with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 35% chance of precipitation that could include a thundershower.

Sounds like the humidity is as bad as yesterday, and our heat advisory remains in place at least until midnight. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

At least I managed to get my shopping done yesterday. I am hoping for some rain today, but Mother Nature can keep the thunder and lightning, thanks.

I have everything I need for the Fourth. Shredded white meat chicken, for which I will make some barbecue sauce, baked tofu with barbecue sauce (for J), beans to make a small batch of vegan baked beans, Kroger potato salad, small tubs, two kinds (egg mustard, my fave, and Southern style, J's favorite of the ones Kroger makes), and Kroger sweet slaw, a small tub, low carb buns, and I may, if that doesn't seem enough, open a can of whole kernel sweet corn and either warm it or maybe fry it. And my inevitable "J is home for this holiday" deviled eggs.

Not a lot of actual cooking planned, so I can mostly take it easy. And there is some Private Selection EXTREME MOOSETRACKS, chocolate ice cream for dessert. I buy that very rarely for an extra special Summer treat, so decided we could have that for July 4, with leftovers for a few more decadent desserts this summer.

Toast (from Carbmaster bread) with sausage gravy for breakfast, and then a bit more toast with butter and sugar free fruit spread for breakfast dessert. That finished off my bag of turkey sausage crumbles. I didn't feel like going to the trouble of making a small (two biscuit) batch of cream biscuits this morning, so went the easy way with toast.

Nothing critical on today's agenda, other than making sure to stay hydrated.

Well, putting the dishes away when the dishwasher run completes in a couple of hours.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 32 and 24% chance of precipitation.

I've dropped Buttons off at the vet for x-ray and further examination of a lump on her chin. J felt like it got larger over the weekend (after an initial exam on Friday) but I couldn't get a good look at it. They said it felt bony but weren't sure, from Friday's cursory exam, what it might be, hence the drop off.

Not sure whether I'll work today or blow it off to extend my weekend.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope Buttons is ok. It really is hot and humid there. Good that you got your shopping done and can relax for a few days.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    We got some thunder last evening, but not much rain. Weather is expected to be in the high 80sF, 30sC for the next 10 days here. It's currently 74F,23C, and humid (81%). Partly cloudy early (it's actually all gray out) then heavy thunderstorms this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 87F, 31C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm kind of happy I don't have any appts this week, and the clay class is cancelled for the holiday. Don't feel like doing much in this kind of weather.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    We had some thunder last night .
    Ed hope buttons is ok you will have to let us know what happens.
    Hi Vix and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning,HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
    Currently 68F with a high of 76F and 50% chance of rain most of the day.
    Yesterday turned out to be a nice day. There was a nice breeze, so was a little more comfortable for my walk.
    Ed-I hope Buttons is ok.
    Vix-I have been reading Maeve Binchy novels. The stories are based in Ireland. Next I have 3 of Patricia Cornwell books.
    Irene-I hope the weather clears up soon, so you can start enjoying your pool.
    Yesterday I helped hubby prune some trees in our yard. Once the branches dry out we will burn them.
    Nothing on for today, will see what the day brings.
    Have a good one! :)
  • eku0
    edited July 2023
    good morning
    Irene, we've been getting t-storms in the late afternoon/evenings with pouring rain. It's good because it's been so hot.
    Jo, glad you're getting some nice weather. I've read a lot of Maeve Binchy, nice. Don't think I've read any of Patricia Cornwall. I'll have to look. :)
    Ed, how's Buttons? Hope you have a nice relaxing day.
    It's currently 72F, 22C, sunny. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High 87F, 31C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Our town set off fireworks last night. It's fun. We can see them from our driveway.
    ajcc3d6hnd1j.png
  • IreneMurman
    Happy 4th of July
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

llfzy8kbg2bb.png

We have 22 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 87% chance of precipitation. We've had our thunderstorm for the morning. Don't know if there will be more later, but we'll see. The forecast doesn't look bad for the rest of the day.

I have the dishwasher running, and some baked beans cooking in my small, one quart, slow cooker.

Later I'll make same barbecue sauce and heat up the shredded white meat chicken from the freezer. I may or may not make deviled eggs. There is some leftover fried rice that J may prefer for his lunch, but we can have more holiday type food later for dinner/supper. I'll have it for lunch as well, but J has a choice.

The potato salads and slaw are ready to go, only requiring that I open the little tubs and stick a spoon in for serving.

The cats let me sleep in until 8:30 this morning at which time Dinah insisted that I get up RIGHT MEOW, even though it was still an hour from their breakfast time. That gave me time to put my baked beans together and get them going, and eat a quick breakfast before feeding the starving hordes.

Buttons seems to feel OK, but isn't really eating much yet. They got good x-rays and some cells to send of for evaluation. There's a good chance it is a rare bone cancer, but we'll know more when the lab results come back and can decide how to move forward from there.

• parityanimal
    I made the barbecue, the deviled eggs, and the baked beans. The egg mustard potato salad, Southern potato salad, slaw, and buns came from Kroger.

Instead of a barbecue chicken sandwich, J had some baked tofu with barbecue sauce.

My baked beans are actually vegan but you might not notice when you eat them.
    HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

We'll have some of the Extreme Denali Moose Tracks chocolate ice cream in a while, after dinner settles.

gi3bwb0e3db4.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful (probably wet) Wednesday!

We have 23 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 30 and 77% chance of precipitation that could include thunderstorms.

At work it will feel like Monday all over again. Inconsiderate neighbors were setting off fireworks late into the evening, interrupting my sleep and disturbing the cats. If they were considerate, they would shut that down at a reasonable hour, maybe 9:00, certainly no later than 10:00. But it seems they never do. Oh well, not much I could do about that.

I'll be having leftover barbecue chicken for lunch.

• IreneMurman
    hi everyone,
    I went for my blood work so that is done. I sure missed my coffee this morning but all is good hope everyone had a nice 4th of July
  • eku0
    oops, my post from this morning didn't show up here!
    Hope all had a happy holiday.
    We had a quiet day yesterday. I sorted through my craft things to pull out what I need for stained glass because I'll be going back to the group again.
    I need to do a little cleaning today, and may go out to get some yarn to start knitting a baby blanket.
    It's currently 73F,23C, kind of hazy. Partly cloudy with afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Hot. High 91F, 33C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%. Going to stay hot the next 10 days. 🌶️🌶️🌶️
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day. Stay cool.😎
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Off to the lab so the vampires can get some blood.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good luck with your lab tests, Ed.
    Irene, hope your results are good.
    Hi Jo.
    It's currently 74F, 23C, sunny, hazy here. Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. High 89F, 32C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
    I couldn't find the yarn I wanted locally, so may go to a JoAnn fabric or another craft store today.
    Wishing all a lovely Thursday. Stay cool. 😎