Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 70F with a high of 84F and cloudy. The sun may make an appearance later this afternoon.
    Irene-Happy Anniversary! Happy birthday to George!
    I am going to facetime with my son.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Ed, nice when the cats let you sleep in. ;)
    Irene, happy anniversary and happy birthday to George! Yesterday, (oops) I thought it was Sunday!
    Jo, enjoy your facetime with your son.
    We're going out to brunch with some friends this a.m. It's been a while since we've seen them, so that will be nice.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 85F, 29C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 24% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out for a few more things today, as I never did make it to Kroger yesterday. I did get the stuff closer to home though.

Turkey and cornbread dressing for breakfast.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 70F, 21C. A mix of clouds and sun this morning then strong thunderstorms this afternoon. Damaging winds and large hail with some storms. High 88F, 31C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Off for a nuclear stress test this morning. I'll be glad when it's over. (Haha, I think it's been stressing me out! 😂)
    No other plans for today.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 19 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 8% chance of precipitation.

We got quite the little thunderstorm last night. J did manage to get back home from his motorcycle ride (just wanted to ride around a bit) when he saw the sky darkening. Not long after he got home, the lights flickered, and then, after we opened the garage door to watch the storm, they went out for about 4 minutes. It wasn't too bad. One of my younger brothers in Indiana got to sit out a tornado, early yesterday, in their neighborhood. Not much damage to their house, but some of the neighbors got hit pretty badly.

Back to work this morning.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    thanks we had a nice day didn't do much went for a nice ride our weather here was crazy a lot of rain but it looks like we are in for more rain today
    Vix good luck today with your stress test.
    Ed glad your brother is safe.
    Jo hope you had a nice chat with your son.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Getting Chummy with Pretexting

Now more than ever, cybercriminals are using a tactic known as pretexting to catch you off guard. Pretexting is when a cybercriminal impersonates a real person and asks you for help with a fake scenario. They often carry on a conversation with you and use public information to convince you that they are who they claim to be.

A common pretexting scam is when a cybercriminal impersonates one of your friends or family members using information they find on social media. Let’s say your friend posts on Instagram that she just arrived at her vacation destination. The next morning, you get a message from her saying that she lost her wallet. She mentions the resort she’s staying at and asks for you to wire money for transportation. Fortunately for her, she didn’t actually lose her wallet. Unfortunately for you, she’s not the person sending the messages. Instead, a cybercriminal is preying on your emotions in an attempt to steal from you.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

Pretexting is used to make you feel strong emotions so that you react impulsively. Always remember to think before taking action.

Consider the context, timing, grammar, and other details of the conversation. For example, does your friend usually type in complete sentences or do they tend to abbreviate and use emojis?

Confirm that the person you’re speaking to is actually who they say they are. Try reaching out to them using another form of contact or by meeting with them face-to-face.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad J got in before the t-storm. Those tornadoes in Indiana were something. Glad your brother is ok.
    Irene, glad you had a nice day.
    Jo, hope you had a good facetime.
    I'm glad that stress test is done. It wasn't so bad. Funny, the nurse had my Mom's name, and the NP was Esther, like me. I had a little rash from where they connected me to the monitors, but I put some hydrocortisone cream on it last night and it's pretty much gone.
    Clay crafters today. Will get my exercise done before I go.
    We didn't get the t-storms yesterday, just big ominous clouds on and off.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Mostly cloudy skies this morning followed by thunderstorms during the afternoon. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 78F,26C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a delightful Tuesday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 31 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Another day, another dollar.

• eku0
    good morning
    We didn't get the t-storms yesterday either, but we did get some gusty winds and big dark clouds.
    Good news, my stress test was normal. :)
    Our housecleaner is coming today, and I have an acupuncture appt and some errands to run.
    It's currently 64F, 18C. A mix of clouds and sun. High near 80F,27C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 33 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I need to step out and water the container garden.

Glad your stress test came out normal!

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Vix glad your test came back good.
    We have had so much rain lately, we had to get some of the water off the top of the pool .I think our pool is almost ready to open
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-I am glad your stress test was normal.
    Ed-glad your brother is ok and didn't get much damage.
    Irene-You must be excited to open the pool.
    I had to break down and turn on the AC. It has been very humid here with all the rain.
    Monday I went for a bone density test, which was normal and a mammogram, which I haven't gotten the results yet.
    Any big plans for the 4th?
    Have a good day! :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) sunny degrees with a scorching hot, mostly sunny, high of 34 expected and 15% chance of precipitation.

I'll need to water the container garden for sure.

Lots to do at work today too.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    pool is open and the pool heater is on!
  • eku0
    good morning
    Whew, that is hot, Ed. Stay cool.
    Irene, glad your pool is open. It looks like it's going to be a very hot week.
    Thanks, Jo. Feel like I'm dodging bullets with the medical tests. Glad your bone density is good, and hope the mammogram results are also good.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Partly cloudy skies. Expecting widespread areas of smoke and haze, reducing visibility at times. High 86F, 30C. Winds light and variable.
    It is pretty hazy out there.
    I have an appt with the rheumatologist this morning.
    Wishing all a good day. Stay healthy!
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 81F. I just finished a 2.4 mile walk around the neighborhood. I feel like a wet dishrag. :p
    Vix-good luck at the rheumatologist. Are there wild fires near you? We are getting smoke from the wild fires in Canada.
    Irene-Yeah for the pool being open.
    Hi Ed.
    Have a good afternoon and evening. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, we're getting smoke from the Canadian fires too. It's very smokey out there today, gray with haze, and low visibility. We're under an air quality alert.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 22 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 33% chance of precipitation, that could possibly include a thunderstorm.

Once again, plenty to do at work.

• eku0
    good morning
    It was really smokey outside yesterday. Wow. Smokey today too, haze everywhere, another air quality alert.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Sun and clouds mixed. Areas of smoke and haze are possible, reducing visibility at times. High 89F, 32C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled this a.m. Yay!
    Wishing all an easy Friday.