Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    Well waiting for the rain to start any minute. The good thing about rain is we don't have to water the grass or flowers.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday and Cinco de Mayo!

We have 12 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 19 under overcast skies and 24% chance of precipitation.

We spent all day yesterday chasing numbers for a program change request, but at the end of the day think the program changes updated for the request were correct, and I'm ready to move on from that one.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Looks like we may all be getting some sun today.
    It's currently 41F, 5C. Sunshine and a few clouds. High 66F, 19C. Winds light and variable. It's so nice to see the sunshine!!!
    TJMaxx has member mornings this weekend, so may go in early and look around.
    Also probably a good day to spend some time outdoors.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a great weekend.
  • eku0
    edited May 2023
    good morning
    Going to watch our 4 year old grandson play soccer today. It'll be fun.
    It's currently 41F, 5C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 71F 22C. Winds light and variable. Beautiful Spring day ahead.
    Wishing all a happy weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 24 and 15% chance of rain. I need a few things from the grocery stores so will probably get out for that after I feed the cats.

The dishwasher is running now. I finished off the box of Kodiak no sugar added multigrain protein flapjack/waffle mix this morning for a delicious breakfast of pancakes, some with a drizzle of syrup and some with a dab of strawberry/prickly pear fruit spread.

The cats are giving me the stink eye so I think it's time to feed them.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited May 2023
    good morning
    The weather was beautiful yesterday. Happily spent some time outdoors.
    I sprayed some peppermint spray around the garden and the foundation for our house. It's supposed to discourage rodents, spiders, and ants. We'll see.
    We're getting together with family later this a.m. to celebrate our son-in-law's birthday and an early Mother's day. Always great to spend time with family.
    It's currently 51F, 11C. A mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. High 77F, 25C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful, enjoyable Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Nothing hypercritical on the agenda today, but I do have some laundry to start.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-Happy birthday to your son-in-law. Let me know how the peppermint spray works.
    Hi Ed and Irene
    Yesterday was a beautiful day. My daughter and I went into Boston and spent the day.
    Today I am puttering around the yard. It is 76F and sunny.
    Have a relaxing day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 28 and 44% chance of precipitation, starting very shortly. My headache agrees with the forecast.

We planted some tomatoes (Roma and mixed heirloom tomatoes) and peppers (jalapeño and mixed colors of bell pepper) last night in our container garden. J did water the containers, but a bit more rain today won't hurt anything.

Dinah and I got the whites folded yesterday but the rest is still in the dryer as it was late and I was ready for bed.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, it's so nice that you get to spend time with your daughter. Seems you are enjoying your retirement.
    I'll let you know about the peppermint, though it's hard to tell if it's keeping something away. I just like the idea that's it's safe and natural. I will probably reapply it in a week or so.
    Ed, tomatoes and peppers are good! Our yard is small and pretty much filled up with trees and flowers. I put some mint in a pot. It was spreading wildly in our yard and hubby pulled most of it out, but I wanted to keep some. It would be nice to grow some herbs that I could keep in pots.
    Irene, how's it going?
    Our family celebration yesterday was wonderful. I am happiest surrounded by family. (I made red velvet cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Yum.)
    It's currently 57F, 14C. Partly cloudy. High 76F,24C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine new week.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    Our weather is getting really nice today when we walked it was 61 great walking weather.
    No plans for today .
    We went for a nice ride yesterday stopped and picked up some veggies even got some white corn
    Vix hope your son in law has a nice birthday
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2023
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Watch Out for Coronation-Related Scams

This past weekend, King Charles III was coronated as the new king of the United Kingdom. When a major historical event is about to take place, people often look to social media and online news sources for information about the event.

Cybercriminals take advantage of high-profile news stories to catch your attention and manipulate your emotions. In the coming weeks, we expect to see cybercriminals referencing the king’s coronation in phishing attacks and social media disinformation campaigns.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Think before you click. Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and trigger you to click impulsively.
    • Be suspicious of emails, texts, and social media posts that contain shocking information about this event. These may lead to disinformation, which is false information designed to mislead you.
    • If you receive a suspicious email, follow your organization’s procedure to report the email.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 30 under partly cloudy skies and 24% chance of precipitation.

Plenty going on at work.

• eku0
    good morning
    Thanks for the birthday wishes for our son-in-law, he's such a good man. <3 The kids are so busy, we catch family time when we can.
    Irene, glad you're getting some nice walking weather, looks like it's going to heat up this coming week.
    Jo, I just finished reading Maame, and am into Lessons in Chemistry. It's pretty good so far.
    Ed, I always liked being busy at work, as long as it wasn't too rushed.
    I have a zoom with my dietitian in a little while, and clay crafters this afternoon. Busy day.
    It's currenty 58F,14C and rainy. Occasional rain tapering to a few showers late. High 66F,19C. Winds light and variable.
    WIshing all an interesting Tuesday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) sunny degrees with a mostly sunny high expected of 29 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I pointed out a few issues yesterday, and am expecting some program updates to test this morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    Enjoy your testing, Ed.
    It's currently 45F, 7C. Plenty of sunshine. High 73F, 23C. Winds light and variable. Sounds like a good day to spend some time outdoors.
    I have a cardiologist visit later this a.m. That's new for me.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-good luck at the cardiologists.
    It is currently 69F and sunny. I spent the morning out in the yard, planting dahlias and transplanting hostas.
    I went to the library yesterday and picked up 3 more books. I am reading the Women's murder club series by James Patterson.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 19 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 27 under partly cloudy skies and 16% chance of precipitation.

I went quite a bit over on work hours yesterday, but it helped pinpoint some specific issues we are having with the data sync that we are trying to program, so worth it. Spicy taco salad for supper.

Breakfast this morning was some turkey smoked sausage, two fried eggs, and a small piece of bread.

More fun testing to come today!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sometimes it's good to keep going when you're into the nitty gritty. Spicy taco salad sounds good.
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, your garden day sounds nice. I never got into James Paterson books. Into variety at the moment, although I am reading a Nora Roberts trilogy (The Dragon Heart Legacy). I have book 2 waiting for me.
    The visit to the cardiologist was pretty short. Had an EKG, and he set up appts for an echocardiogram in a couple of weeks and a nuclear stress test at the end of June. I guess that'll give them a better idea of what is going on. I feel ok, so I'm not worried about it.
    It's currently 50F, 10C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 80F, 27C. Winds light and variable.
    We may go out to BB&B today to check out their going out of business sale. I like the Nestwell pillows if they have any of them left.
    Wishing all a pleasant day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning,
    It is currently 58F with an expected high of 80F.
    Vix-I enjoyed The Dragon Heart Legacy.
    Ed-have fun with your testing.
    Hi Irene.
    I ran out of potting soil yesterday, so a trip to the garden center is on my to do list today.
    Have a great day! :)