Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Ed, glad y'all found the bug and were able to get it tested. Nice!
    Jo, are you planning anything else for your retirement celebration? Enjoy!
    It's currently 38F, 3C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 58F, 14C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Going for a follow up with my pain Dr. later this morning. Then free for the rest of the day. It's also my son's birthday. I think we're planning to get together the weekend following this one.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Congratulations Jo on your retirement
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 23 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Back to testing stuff!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It cold this morning, 29F. Yesterday was warm and I worked in the yard for a bit. Today I am going out with my daughter.
    Vix-Happy birthday to your son. I have no special plans for retirement, hubby is still working. Just taking it one day at a time.
    Ed-I am glad you got your computer problem solved.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    cqhvannj64gq.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, that is so funny! Do you have any laundry to fold? 😂 I did mine yesterday.
    Jo, kind of chilly this morning here today too. I noticed later in the week, several days in the 70s. Have fun out with your daughter. My husband worked 5 months after I retired. It's kind of nice being able to do whatever you want whenever you want, day by day. Thanks for the birthday wishes for my son. So great to be able to see them as wonderful adults.
    I was supposed to have a massage today, but my therapist had an emergency so I've got a free day. My pain Dr. gave me some injections yesterday for my headaches so that was interesting, and I do feel a bit better.
    It's currently 32F, 0C. Abundant sunshine. High 52F, 11C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant sunny day.
  • IreneMurman
    vix happy birthday to your son
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, that is so funny! Do you have any laundry to fold? 😂 I did mine yesterday.

Oddly, the one day I would feel I HAVE to fold laundry, I have none to fold. Which makes it all the funnier.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 11 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 25 and 5% chance of precipitation.

Things are moving well with our latest project, and we haven't been pulled away too much by client issues. We hope to demo the current state of the project to the big boss (company owner) on Tuesday. At the end of the day yesterday, the programmers had accidentally broken something in the login process but I think it will be fixed early this morning. We were all tired and ready to let it ferment overnight.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    happy Friday everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene for the birthday wishes for my son. I feel like birthdays are a big celebration for the moms too. :smile:
    Ed, you sound busy with the programs. I kind of miss that. Sometimes, the answers just come to you overnight, haha, good call.
    Our housecleaner is coming today. That's always nice.
    It's currently 38F, 3C. Cloudy skies with a few showers this afternoon. High 63F, 17C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a fun weekend ahead.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it is 60 outside but a lot of rain and wind .
    have a great Saturday
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Saturday!

We have 16 (Celsius) (feels like 15) cloudy degrees and light rain with thunder. Not a lot of thunder though, and not apparently too close, at least for now. The expected mostly cloudy high is 25 with 100% chance of precipitation.

The cats tried to get me up earlier, but I managed to hang in there until thunder woke me up at about 8:00.

If we get some clear space in the rain, maybe this afternoon, I may get out to the grocery. Or I may just wait until tomorrow, as the whole day is supposed to be nice and mostly sunny.

J had pondered going to Savannah today for an orchid show, and come back tonight, but he was up late so I doubt that will happen, especially since the rain may last all morning.

w7z4voqi3ujj.png

• eku0
    good morning.
    It's definitely warmer today. I could hear the wind last night. Currently 64F, 18C. Cloudy with rain this morning...then scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 73F,23C. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph.
    I'm glad my house is clean. I finished reading a very strange book yesterday, " How to Sell a Haunted House" . It really got a lot of hype in the book circles, but it was totally crazy. Makes me wonder about book reviewers.
    Always things to do around the house, so I'll see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It is windy here today.
    I have laundry to do and if warm enough I will work in the yard for a bit.
    Have a relaxing Sunday. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday!

We have 8 (Celsius ) sunny degrees (feels like 6) with an expected mostly sunny high of 22 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I got out for cat food yesterday, and a short jaunt up the road from there to Lidl, for a few groceries, but still need to get to Kroger today. I may do some laundry as well.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's still very windy here. What crazy weather yesterday, a little mix of everything. The afternoon was sunny, warm and breezy, nice to sit outside, but then a storm came with lots of wind, rain, and pea sized hail. The cherry trees are in full bloom, along with daffodils, hyacinth, forsythia, etc.
    It's currently 39F, 4C. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High around 55F, 13C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 10 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected overcast high of 17 and 61% chance of rain.

I didn't get any laundry started yesterday, but probably will today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Very quiet weekend. I think I need to start taking walks around the neighborhood again, or drive myself to somewhere I want to walk.
    It's currently 41F, 5C. Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Sounds like a good day for walking. I'll get my usual stuff done this morning and go out later.
    Wishing all a fine new week.
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Watch Out for Silicon Valley Bank Scams

Recently, the US-based Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) recently shut down due to failure to meet its financial obligations. This collapse has caused a public panic, and unfortunately, cybercriminals take advantage of high-profile news stories to catch your attention and manipulate your emotions.

In the coming weeks, we expect to see cybercriminals referencing the collapse of SVB in phishing attacks and disinformation campaigns. Cybercriminals are already taking advantage of this event to try to steal your sensitive information. For example, cybercriminals may send you emails offering money or financial advice in response to the bank failure. These emails may appear to come from trusted financial services, but interacting with these emails can lead to cybercriminals taking your banking information or funds.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:
    • Always think before you click. Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and trigger you to click impulsively.
    • Watch out for sensational or shocking headlines about SVB. These headlines could lead to articles that contain disinformation, or false information designed to intentionally mislead you.
    • Be cautious of unexpected payout opportunities. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com