Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    We went out for breakfast this morning. I had a veggie omelet, ate some and brought the rest home. I will have breakfast for the next 2 days. Tonight we are going to Marlborough Country Club for an outing with the the MG club that hubby belongs to.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 4 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 1) with an expected mostly sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation. Tonight is supposed to get back in freezing temperatures again, as is tomorrow night. I don't know if it will be cold enough to clobber my blueberry bushes like last year or not.

Leftover corned beef hash for breakfast was even tastier than yesterday's lunch. Still enough for a large serving left.

I need to get to the grocery store sometime this weekend.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday!

We have -1 (Celsius) degrees (feels like -6) with an expected mostly sunny high of 8 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I got out yesterday, but not to a grocery store. We had dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant after our visit to a plant nursery with the friend who came to see us, meeting another friend there and her mother.

We also got plants, but not many. J found a couple he wanted and there was a Begonia with polka dotted leaves that we both liked. The flowers are very tiny and not showy at all, cute, but it's the leaves that stand out.

I asked about a succulent with dark, mottled coloring on the leaves, but it wasn't for sale. However, it belonged to the man working that day, and he generously gave me some cuttings to root. Then I picked up three bits of a bright green burrow's tale that the lady ahead of us had purchased, as they had naturally dropped when she picked it up to go. I will try to root those as well.

When it warms up a bit, I plan to get out to Kroger, and maybe to Lidl as well.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, your outings seem like fun.
    Ed, your new plants sound nice. I've never heard of a burrow's tale, I'll have to look that up.
    Hi Irene.
    It's cold here , but the daffodils and hyacinths seem to be doing ok so far.
    It's currently 26F. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 41F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I washed 2 of our comforters yesterday and made some butternut squash soup.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2023
    Well, I spelled it wrong, but the burro's tail I got pieces of looked a lot like the main one in this picture, except that the mother plant was all the lovely bright green. I suspect the one in the picture was getting uneven light.

When they get long, they dangle, and naturally drop bits off, which will then often root where they land. I should be able to get these going without much difficulty. Three of the nodules dropped off and I put them all into a small pot. If I can keep them alive, I will have to repot them when they get going.

8wd3tvcbddrh.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have -3 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -7) with an expected sunny high of 13 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I had the fire going last night for a while. I did get the groceries done and a load of laundry is in the dryer waiting to be folded.

• eku0
    edited March 2023
    good morning
    Ed, I like that burro tail, very pretty. I have some succulents, I think they're probably a type of sedum, but they also grow well from leaves that fall off.
    It's currently 25F. Winter weather on the first day of Spring. Abundant sunshine. High 51F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have an appt with a neurologist this morning. Nothing else planned for the day.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
    p9y7ztijcryq.png
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Hiding Behind Namecheap

The web hosting company Namecheap was the latest victim of a combined hacking and phishing attack. In this attack, cybercriminals hacked into SendGrid, Namecheap’s email service. Then, they used SendGrid to impersonate businesses by hacking into their email services.

To start the scam, cybercriminals sent emails with links that led to fake websites. These websites looked real and were even hosted by Namecheap’s web hosting service. If you were to visit these websites, you'd be asked for your personal information, payment details, and login credentials. Unfortunately, cybercriminals could then use this information for their own malicious purposes.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Never click a link in an email that you aren’t expecting. Instead, open your internet browser and navigate to the organization’s official website.
    • Even if the sender’s email address is from a trusted domain, the email could be fake. Cybercriminals can gain access to trusted domains to make their scams more believable.
    • When you receive an email, stop and look for red flags. For example, watch out for emails that were sent outside of business hours and emails that contain spelling or grammatical errors.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com
  • parityanimal
    cjfkfv8oo2mp.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 16 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Another day, another dollar. Laundry is still waiting to be folded. I'll at least refresh it with another warm tumble today.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    today I go for my mri of my foot
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-good luck with your MRI.
    Ed-cute plant, if you paint a face on the pot, the plant will look like hair growing.
    Vix-good luck at the neurologist.
    Today is laundry and going to my daughter's to let in the exterminator. Last week there were no mice in the traps, hopefully this week will be the same. He plugged up all the holes where they could come in.
    We are supposed to get up into the 60's today.
    Have great day! :)
  • eku0
    edited March 2023
    good morning
    Irene, good luck with your MRI.
    Ed, there are so many online things I just don't get involved with! I guess that's a good thing. 😂
    Jo, good that the exterminator plugged the holes. Hopefully no mice, and hard to find holes. Enjoy the warmer weather.
    The neurologist was nice. She didn't have a copy of my MRI, but she said from the report, it seemed ok, and she gave me an exam. I'll get a copy of the MRI on disk for her for my follow up in a few months.
    I'm going to clay crafters this afternoon.
    It's currently 32F. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 61F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • eku0
    edited March 2023
    I was reading some news this morning and found this :
    "Most Americans lack experiences from their own lives to make sense of scientists’ warnings that the Earth could warm by up to 1.5 degrees Celsius above acceptable levels. To them, it is a small, meaningless number.
    By translating that figure to its Fahrenheit equivalent — 2.7 degrees — it can take on a clearer meaning. Katharine Hayhoe, a climate scientist, uses the analogy of a fever: Think about how much worse you feel when you run a fever of 101.3 degrees Fahrenheit, 2.7 degrees above normal. That fever is the equivalent of what the planet is facing."
    We need to get a grasp on Celsius as you have, Ed!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 7 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 45% chance of rain.

Plenty to test today, and laundry still waiting to be folded and put away.

• eku0
    good morning
    Have fun testing, Ed.
    I have an acupuncture appt today, and will probably go pick up my disks from the radiology lab.
    It's currently 45F, 7.2 C. Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 64F, 17.7 C. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. About the same temps as you, Ed. :smile:
    Wishing all a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 11 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 27 and 4% chance of precipitation.

Laundry still waiting. LOL.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    it is raining here this morning so i will just get on the treadmill. Have a great day
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 50F, 10C and raining. Showers and possible thunderstorms today. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72F, 22C. Southwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
    I'm meeting up with friends for lunch. Looking forward to that.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is currently 43F with a high of 53F, cloudy and possible rain for the day.
    Yesterday I started to clean up the front yard, if the rain holds off I will do a little more today.
    I also need to make a run to the grocery store for a few things.
    Have a great day! :)