Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 under cloudy skies and 70% chance of rain, mostly after 11:00 this morning, and in the afternoon and evening.

I have some kind of meeting at 8:00 where I may be called upon to talk about, or demo, one of our products. Not really sure what the meeting is, but a bit annoyed about not getting the notice until late in the afternoon yesterday.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Ed, sorry they didn't give you much notice. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.
    Jo, wow, busy lady! It's supposed to be warm here on Thursday, I think I'll open all the windows then.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 39F. Showers this morning with clearing during the afternoon hours as drier air moves in on gusty breezes. High 57F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph.
    I have a zoom meeting with my dietitian this morning, then off to clay crafters.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning
    well my foot hurt all night still sore not sure why it is hurting. I go back tomorrow I will let them know
    no plans for today we did have rain this morning
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    off to an early pt take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 17 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 24 and 11% chance of precipitation.

I have several projects with expected updates today. Yesterday's short meeting turned out to be just a planning meeting for a future meeting in April. I didn't have much of anything to input, but at least got to know what's coming and when.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good that you know what to expect. Your work seems busy.
    Irene, good luck with your foot and PT. I hope it feels better.
    Jo, only a couple more days!
    It's currently 40F. Cloudy with occasional light rain...mainly in the morning. High around 50F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning. Will probably stop off at the library on the way home, and the grocery store to pick up a few things.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 25 and 50% chance of precipitation.

I got a lot done at work yesterday, and exposed a possible issue with a new product we are hoping to get out to a client today. Don't know if we will get that out or not. I found a work-around for it, so they could still get it today if they add an accounting code to their Point of Sale system, but my boss and I think that our program should be able to use an existing one. That will be discussed during morning meeting today. I think the programmer should be able to make a minor change and, one way or another, we should be able to get a version out to the client for their testing soon. If not today, then tomorrow for sure.

Leftover slow cooked beef short rib for breakfast, in a rich red wine gravy with diced carrots and mushrooms, and minced onion. Broccoli Cheddar rice on the side. I had some with mashed potatoes last night and will probably have some with yellow rice or maybe plain white rice for lunch today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    we went to church yesterday and got our ashes since yesterday was ash Wednesday we also fasted yesterday .
    hope everyone has a great day it is suppose to get in the 60 s today
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, good for you keeping up with the holidays.
    Ed, last minute crunch always fun.
    Hi Jo.
    Need to catch up with some things around the house today.
    It's currently 48F. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. Near record high temperatures. High 76F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Will probably get outside to enjoy some sunshine this afternoon.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 19 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 22 and 68% chance of precipitation.

Hoping for a slow day today, but we'll see.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you get your nice slow day today.
    I'm just back from the blood tests for my yearly physical coming up in a couple of weeks.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Yesterday was like a summer day and was able to sit out in the sun for a while, just soaking in the rays.
    It's currently 46F. Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. High 48F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all an easy Friday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 21% chance of precipitation.

I need to get to the grocery and maybe get some laundry done this weekend.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I've got a load in the wash this a.m. too.
    Planning to see the grandchildren this evening with my son and daughter-in-law. It'll be fun.
    It's currently 34F. I put on some warm snuggly clothes. Snow showers expected. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
    Wishing all a relaxing weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Friday was my last day! :)
    We had snow off and on yesterday, only about an inch. It was bitter cold, didn't get out of the teens. There is more snow expected for Monday night into Tuesday. I am glad I don't have to drive into work. I can stay in my nice warm house and admire the snow.
    Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday, so we are taking her to lunch today.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    Good morning
    Jo!!! Congratulations on your last day of work/retirement!!! Happy Birthday to your daughter! Enjoy looking at the snow and not having to drive in it! 😄
    gkjgsngboblu.png
    It's currently 36F here. Partly cloudy. Areas of patchy fog. High 58F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Spent some time with the family last night. That's always wonderful.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    jo congrats on your retirement and happy birthday to your daughter.
    we had a few snow flurries yesterday but the road wasn't even wet
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 15) with an expected high of 20 under cloudy skies with 4% chance of precipitation.

Happy Retirement, Jo!

I may get back out to Kroger for a couple of things today, but nothing critical so that might not happen. Our somewhat late dinner last night was at one of our newly discovered, but already a favorite, Indian restaurant. It's a bit of a drive, but the food is wonderful. It's probably just as well that it's not too near, as we'd go too often. They are a bit on the expensive side.

Breakfast today was fried bologna and whole grain protein waffles.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 13 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 22 and 41% chance of precipitation.

I will log into the work computer in about an hour!

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Thank you all!
    We have sun today. Tonight we are in for more snow and extending into tomorrow for most of the day.
    I have an appt. with my financial advisor this morning to go over a few things. The office is right near a Whole Foods, so I may
    pop in there to see what they have.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

r/Cybercriminals: Spear Phishing

Reddit, a popular online community, was the latest victim of a spear phishing attack. Spear phishing is a targeted email attack that looks like it’s from a trusted source, but it’s actually from cybercriminals in disguise.

In this recent attack, a cybercriminal set up a fake website designed to steal login credentials. Then, the cybercriminal sent phishing emails to Reddit employees. The emails prompted employees to visit the fake website and enter their credentials. Through this attack, the cybercriminal was able to access sensitive information from Reddit and steal internal company data.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Make sure that the sender is actually who they say they are. If the sender claims to be someone you know, reach out to them in person or by phone to verify.

• Remember that spear phishing attacks can happen to anyone. Think before you click, and never click a link in an email that you aren’t expecting.

• Be careful with the information you share about yourself online. Cybercriminals can use this information to target you in phishing attacks.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com