Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Is Your Grandma Really Selling Furniture on Social Media?

For years, cybercriminals have used social media to post fake listings for popular items such as furniture or electronics. As these scams have grown in popularity, many people have learned to be careful when buying items online from strangers. Now, cybercriminals are impersonating people you trust to lure you in to their fake listing scams.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals use social engineering to gain access to the social media accounts of everyday users like your friends and family. If they’re successful, the cybercriminals will post items for sale from the hacked account. Since the listing appears to be from someone who you know and trust, it may seem legitimate. However, if you try to buy the item from the seller, you won’t receive the item you wanted. Instead, your money will go directly to the cybercriminals!

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:
    • Watch out for social media listings that offer popular items at a price that seems too good to be true. These scams rely on impulsive actions, so always think before you click.
    • Verify that listings are legitimate before taking action. Contact the poster using another method of communication, such as a phone call or text message.
    • Don’t let your social media account be used against your friends and family. Protect your login credentials by creating unique, strong passwords for each of your accounts.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    I got one today that said Sarah Johnson was requesting pay pal payment from me. It looked official, with all the contacts and disclaimers at the bottom. I don't have a pay pal account, so put it into spam and reported it to phishing@paypal.com.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 0 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 9 and 2% chance of rain. I need to get the garbage and recycles out to the curb this evening. I'll finish off the last couple of slices of ham for breakfast with some eggs and tater rounds.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Warming up a bit, it's currently 27F, some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 37F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Need to get my diet back on track. Too many goodies consumed the last several weeks. Still have some in the house, but need to stay away from them!
    Wishing all a warmer Tuesday! 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -2 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 13 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have to get to the doctor's office early for a lab draw this morning.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    I had some problems getting to our group this morning, I had to use the URL to get in.
    If this happens again, you can use
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10148091/slower-weight-loss-at-50#latest
    to get here.
    It's currently 30F here, plentiful sunshine. High 46F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. So much nicer when it gets above freezing and the sun is shining. 🌞
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning. And I'm sure to find something to do the rest of the day. ;)
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 7 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 17 under mostly sunny skies and 3% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, were you able to get into our group easily. I'm still getting a lock-out message, and have been using the URL. I let MFP tech help know the issue.
    It's currently 26F here, plentiful sunshine. High 51F. Winds light and variable. Really warming up today!
    I need to do some cleaning, and note writing, will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday. 🌞🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    eku0 wrote: »
    good morning
    Ed, were you able to get into our group easily. I'm still getting a lock-out message, and have been using the URL. I let MFP tech help know the issue.
    It's currently 26F here, plentiful sunshine. High 51F. Winds light and variable. Really warming up today!
    I need to do some cleaning, and note writing, will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday. 🌞🕊️

I get access denied as well if trying to access through the groups menu, but I have been using the URL as my entry point for a long time, so hadn't noticed a problem. But when I back out of the attempt to use the group menu, I get this notice on the site.

bfaacaud0tdf.png

I have sent an email to the ones for whom I have an email address, letting them know to use the URL.
  • eku0
    Cool. I sent the email to tech yesterday, apparently others did too. The group selection seems to be working now.
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Up early this a.m. I have an appt for another steroid shot. I hope this is the last one for a while.
    Definitely warming up this week.
    It's currently 37F, a mix of clouds and sun. High 57F. Winds light and variable. Might be nice to get out this afternoon and enjoy the weather.
    Wishing all an easy last Friday of the year! 🌞🌤️🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

December 30 is National Bacon Day!

We have 9 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 33% chance of precipitation.

I got some floor cleaning done yesterday and picked up a prescription at Publix. While there I grabbed a few grocery items and stopped at PetSmart while out for some kibble.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today. Might be a good day to laze about the house.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning ,
    hope everyone has a good day
  • IreneMurman
    Ed
    thanks for sending me the info but didn't have any problems.
    Have a great day
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday.

We have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 100% chance of precipitation.

I think my weekend grocery trip can wait until tomorrow. I do need to get the ham bone and the smoked hog jowl out of the freezer for tomorrow's black-eyed peas and collard greens.

• eku0
    edited December 2022
    good morning
    Warming up for a few days, it's currently 51F. Cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. High 56F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. I did sit out in the sun for a while yesterday, it was nice.
    I ordered a coat online that I have to return this morning (too big!)
    Got my cervical epidural yesterday, and so far all is well. Have a little bit of a headache, but have been getting headaches lately.
    I think I'm going to open my bottle of St. Michaels Winery Chocolate Zin tonight instead of the usual New Year's Eve champaigne.
    Have a great last day of 2022!

Happy
    yu3eul3ocxl5.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    have a Happy New year eve plan on getting Chinese food tonight after mass everyone enjoy your selfe
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Happy New Year!
    Hubby and I both tested positive for Covid yesterday. We will be staying home and isolating for 5 days.
    What a way to start the new year. :#
    Vix-Hope your headache feels better soon. Do you feel like the injections are helping?
    Irene-I bet your Chinese food was good.
    Ed-I know there is a story about blacked eyed peas on New Years. Is it for good luck for the coming year?
    Have a great start to the New Year! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo hope you are feeling better. My sister and her husband has come down with over the weekend but my sister is a nurse that's how they caught it hope you feel better soon.
    my Chinese was very good
    Happy New year everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, good that you're vaccinated. Take good care of yourself, and I hope you and hubby feel better soon.
    I think the injections are helping a little. I'll see how it goes.
    Irene, I hope your sister and her husband feel better soon. It seems to be hitting a lot of people right now. Glad you enjoyed your Chinese food. ;)
    I had a glass of chocolate wine last night, a sweet way to start the new year.
    Ed, I hope you enjoyed your good luck black eyed peas!
    I made lentil soup yesterday, with a lot of vegetables in it. It's good and I have a lot leftover for the rest of the week.
    It's currently 46F, sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 58F. Winds light and variable.
    xq3gaj4f72r9.png