Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Jo, we went out yesterday, and shopping was a success! 2nd place, how fun! The sweater was really cute. Have fun baking cookies! I was thinking about making some rugelach, they seem festive. :)
    We are postponing our family party from tomorrow but will reschedule as soon as everyone is able.
    Will see what today brings.
    It's currently 37F, a mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 42F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a fun Saturday. Happy Weekend! 🌤️🥂🎄🕎🍷
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 7 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 9 and 1% chance of precipitation. I need to get out to the grocery at some point on the weekend.

I am on vacation/staycation now until January 3.

Day 17 of the Advent wine calendar presents Handmade Ornaments Macabeo from Spain. The cheese Advent calendar presents smoked paprika Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a baked apple truffle.

The video and brief text narrative on the wine can be viewed here:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/handmadeornaments

0m2xby5oznrg.png

dl6br7h7etab.png

bddtovsnuzi0.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Enjoy your vacation, Ed.
    It's currently 30F, Considerable clouds this morning. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 37F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Brrr.
    I think I'll bake cookies today. Maybe the kids can come over for a while.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. 🕎🎄🎁🍪
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday!

We have -1 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -5) with an expected high of 7 under sunny skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

The cold is back, at least temporarily, perhaps in preparation for the solstice. It's hard to believe it's just a week until Christmas, and two weeks until the new year. I need to get some collards for the new year, and make sure I have some black-eyed peas in the cupboard. There is a chunk of smoked hog jowl somewhere in the deep freezer in the garage already, and a ham bone, if I can find it and it isn't too badly freezer burned.

I got out to Lidl yesterday for the $0.95/pound bone in shank end glazed spiral sliced ham, and got a good chunk of the shopping list there, but still need to get to Kroger today for the rest.

Day 18 of the Advent wine calendar presents Lovely Branches Merlot from the Thracian Lowlands of Bulgaria. The cheese Advent calendar presents smoked aged Cheddar. The chocolate for the day is an orange mousse caramel truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/lovelybranches

lvr57q03wi1o.png

c1x8ouy78j0k.png

1rt07lae5z05.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    I just had to go back to Lidl today and buy these. They are so cute, and we haven't yet had any fudge this season.

euqn4lb87wyh.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We got all the cookies done. I now just have to package them all up for delivery to my coworkers.0v4w8slo1wxa.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpegjwzosrp2si3u.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Hanukkah!
    Today on the agenda is house cleaning, running errands and a mani-pedi.
    Wishing everyone a great start to a new week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 0 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -2) with an expected high of 10 under partly sunny skies and 6% chance of rain.

I had a lovely staycation breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy this morning. I remember that being one of my favorite breakfast items from NS, but then they discontinued it, along with a lot of other favorites from all the meals, and I finally got disenchanted with the program. Oh well, as good as their biscuits and gravy were, mine are tastier! LOL.

Those cookies look great, Jo. Happy Hannukah!

Day 19 of the Advent wine calendar presents Winter Adventure white blend from Portugal. The cheese Advent calendar presents jalapeño Gouda. The chocolate for the day is an orange latte macchiato truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/winteradventure

x4t8tpe6bp9x.png

ue0jzaf69k3v.png

2tqolw5pc9fv.png
  • eku0
    edited December 2022
    good morning
    dgfa8ccef8rw.png
    Jo, those cookies look great! What a nice treat for your coworkers! Enjoy your mani-pedi!
    Ed, you must be enjoying those wonderful advent selections and your time off!
    Irene, I'm sure you're busy getting ready for the holiday.
    I made rugelach yesterday. My daughter and her family came over while we were putting the filling in and rolling them up. I used gluten free flour, so it was a little off and they didn't hold together all that well (not picture worthy!). They are delicious and sharable all the same. ;)
    I have an appt this afternoon for a cervical MRI. I'll get a copy sent to my rheumatologist to get her opinion too.
    Chilly here today. Currently 30F, partly cloudy. High 38F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all an easy week. 🕊️🕎🎄🎁🍪
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

TikTok Filter Scams

The social media app TikTok is popular for its creative audio and visual filters. TikTok adds and removes filters frequently, so some users may look for ways to access filters that haven't been added. Now, cybercriminals are taking advantage of the demand for new filters to manipulate you into downloading malware.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals share malicious links across TikTok and other platforms. They claim that these links will download filters that haven't been added to the app. If you click the link and download the file, it may contain the filter you’re expecting. However, it may also contain malware that cybercriminals can use to monitor your device and steal your sensitive information, such as your login credentials.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Always think before you click. This type of cyberattack is designed to trigger you to click impulsively by offering exclusive content.
    • Never download files from an unverified source. Files that install and run as expected could still contain malware without you knowing.
    • Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your accounts when it is available. MFA adds a layer of security by requiring that you provide additional verification to log in to your account.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning,
    Jo the cookies look great. Jo have you heard from Mike Torres lately
  • parityanimal
    I picked up some Kringle today at Aldi, for the final week before Christmas.

0gau82mb28zf.png
  • parityanimal
    Irene, I haven't heard from Mike Torre in a week now. I know his health hasn't been great, and suspect he may be back in the hospital.

I guess we can only hope to hear from him soon.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-I haven't heard from Mike since some time last week. I hope he is ok.
    Ed-enjoy your staycation. Thanks for the latest scam alert.
    Vix-good luck with your MRI.
    Back to work today. I suspect it will be a long and very busy week. ;)
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    thanks ED and Jo for the feed back really worried about MIKE
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 4 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected rainy high of only 5 and 79% chance of precipitation.

I don't think I need to go anywhere today.

Day 20 of the Advent wine calendar presents Snowy Slopes red blend from Spain. The cheese Advent calendar presents Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a Mascarpone truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/snowyslopes

829qu1847he0.png

moxd3uh71pru.png

d9m7a1falh96.png

• eku0
    good morning
    I hope Mike is ok. I took myself off the emails, but we exchange holiday cards. I haven't heard from him either and I was wondering if there was something wrong. Irene, let us know if you hear anything.
    Jo, I hope work isn't too hard this week. I'm sure it's super busy. MRIs don't bother me. My rheumatologist said she'd call me after she gets the results.
    Ed, those Kringles look good. My Dad used to eat pastry like that for breakfast. Different times!
    I have my clay crafters this afternoon to fill my day.
    It's cold outside, 29F, sunny to partly cloudy. High around 40F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a gratifying Tuesday. 🌞🕊️🕎🎄🎁🍪
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    if I hear from Mike I will let you all know
  • parityanimal
    prwyddzk6uvr.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 5 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 2) with an expected partly cloudy high of 9 and 6% chance of rain. I may get out to a grocery today for a few items.

On this chilly morning, biscuits and sausage gravy once again hit my plate. Definitely a comfort food breakfast.

Day 21 of the Advent wine calendar presents Warm Friend red blend from France. The cheese Advent calendar presents vintage Cheddar. The chocolate for the day is a mousse with nougat chocolate.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/warmfriend

spy00e0ot14p.png

4l9meaew4uki.png

1kia6dnrvclr.png