Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Cold here too, Irene! I'm not going out until it warms up a bit later!
    Ed, your advent trio for today sounds scrumptious!
    I'll probably try to get to the post office today, maybe some shopping.
    It's currently 21F, partly cloudy. High 48F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine new week. ๐Ÿง๐ŸŽ๐Ÿงฃ๐Ÿงค
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 7 (Celsius) rainy degrees with rain hopefully ending within the hour. The expected overcast high is 15 with 40% chance of precipitation.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Wintertime Wonders Grenache. Today's Advent calendar cheese is Black Pepper Gouda, and today's Advent calendar chocolate is a rather large bourbon vanilla truffle.

You can read about the wine at:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/wintertimewonders

0awaw6p7dopf.png

zss1rolwpvj0.png

yezb6esaijyl.png

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    edited December 2022
    good morning
    Ed, I don't think I've ever tried Grenache. I just read a bit about it, full bodied, and ranges of dryness/sweetness. I tend to like a touch of sweetness in wine. I think it must be so much fun to do these advent packs. :)
    I did a little shopping yesterday. I have a zoom meeting with my dietitian this morning, and clay crafting this afternoon.
    It's a gray and rainy day. Currently 38F, a steady rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. High 49F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fulfilling Tuesday. โ˜”โ˜•
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    Good morning,
    We went last night to our Alter rosary Christmas party we really had a nice time. Today I have a birthday party to go to she turns 82 today .It should be fun.
    Its raining now glad it waited until we got done with our walk
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-I hope J feels better soon. Thanks for keeping us updated on the latest scams.
    Vix-I haven't been sleeping well either. Today I got up at 3am. I just couldn't fall back to sleep.
    Hi Irene.
    Today Sophie has a vet appt in the morning and I have an Urology appt. in the afternoon. I hope this is the last of the Dr. appts. for a while.
    I forgot to hit post reply the other day.

• Joanne3366
    Good Afternoon;
    I am on vacation this week.
    My daughter and I went to Cirque de sol T'wis the night before Christmas on Sunday evening. It was a lot of fun. We took the train into Boston. It was an experience, a few crazy people on the train.
    Ed-your wine, cheese and chocolates all look so good.
    Vix-Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day. I have to do better about staying in touch with our little group.
    Irene-You had a busy weekend.
    From my last post, which I forgot to send, I had a good Dr. visit. I do not have to go back for a year.
    Hubby is finally on the mend. He went back to work yesterday. Keeping our fingers crossed for no more health issues.
    I made an out door arrangement for the front steps this morning. I took my garden clippers and foraged the backyard for greenery. I will try and post a picture later.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • Joanne3366
    r96v28wp7wa8.jpeg
    It took a while, but I figured out how to post the picture.
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 12 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected warm, overcast high of 21 and 32% chance of rain.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Snowy Song Riesling from north Macedonia. Today's Advent calendar cheese is red pesto Gouda. Today's Advent calendar chocolate is a mousse au chocolat truffle.

You can read the fun narrative about the wine at:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/snowysong

q29klysezh5i.png

ub9vmozv3ct3.png

yrnkz8rs3r6q.png

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, Reisling is one of my favorite wines. And yummy gouda, smoked gouda is one of my faves.
    Busy day yesterday.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning, and we're going out for dinner tonight, so it should be a really nice day.
    It's rainy, but warmer this a.m., currently 47F, areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy. Periods of light rain this morning. High 61F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a happy ๐Ÿซ day. โ˜•โ˜”
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Birthday, Vix. Enjoy your dinner.
  • IreneMurman
    happy Birthday Vix.
    Jo your plant looks so cute you really did a great job.
    Ed i have no idea of wines but as long as you enjoy it
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 17 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected foggy high of 21 and 21% chance of precipitation.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Peaceful Forest Cabernet Sauvignon from the Rubicone IGT. Today's cheese is Double Gloucester. Today's chocolate is a mousse with nougat chocolate.

You can read the fun narrative about the wine at

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/peacefulforest

a93lfpdq41wo.png

10zyssd9ola0.png

8ahnk3secvpa.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks for the b-day wishes, everyone. It was last Friday, yesterday was our 47th anniversary! Yikes, that's a long time. We toasted to 47 more. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Jo, I somehow missed your post. The plant is so festive. I like how you put it together. I'm glad your Dr. visit went well, and that hubby is feeling much better. I know you are enjoying your week off, the visit to Boston with your daughter sounds like it was a lot of fun! :)
    Irene, I don't know much about wine either, just whether I like them or not when I have a glass. ;)
    Our dinner was casual and fun. We both had THE BANTER, house cured corn beef, gruyere, black Russian bread, whiskey mustard, hand cut fries house made ketchup. Hubby had the gluten free version with what he said was the best gluten free bun he's had. And for the cocktail, we had the MIGHTY MEZZ,
    Bulleit Bourbon, drambuie, fresh citrus, fresh lime, bitters. Sweet and strong.
    I have a visit with my pain Dr. this morning. It's currently 42F, areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy. High 53F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a smooth and easy Thursday. โ˜• โ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-your dinner sounds so good. I haven't had corned beef in a long time. Good luck at the pain Dr.
    I have a few errands to run this morning. Yesterday it rained all day, so I stayed in and read a book.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 17 (Celsius) cloudy degrees and that's as warm as it's supposed to get today, with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 100% chance of precipitation. There is a special weather statement about patchy dense fog this morning.

December 9.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Dreams of Summer Rosato D'Italia. Today's Advent calendar cheese is Red Leicester. Today's Advent calendar chocolate is a cappuccino truffle.

You can read the narrative on the wine at

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/dreamsofsummer

4jzxiu5hnt6g.png

quu5fa3a3jpe.png

4kg7az8y637l.png

• IreneMurman
    Happy Anniversary Vix
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene.
    Ed, looks good.
    Jo, glad you got some time to relax. I had half of my dinner for lunch yesterday. It was delicious the 2nd time too. ;)
    I have a massage this morning and acupuncture this afternoon. Relaxing!!!
    It's currently 35F, plentiful sunshine. High 47F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all an easy Friday! ๐ŸŒž
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Hubby and I went out for breakfast this morning. I had a veggie omelet and brought half home for tomorrows breakfast. My daughter is coming over later this morning and we are making button Christmas trees and an ugly Christmas sweater for hubby. His work is having a contest for the ugliest Christmas sweater. I will post pictures when they are finished.
    It is a chilly 32 degrees this morning.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 11 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected foggy high of 14 and 7% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out to the grocery today or tomorrow.

The December 10 Advent calendar wine is Celebrate Friends Merlot from North Macedonia. The Advent calendar cheese is Truffle Cheddar. The Advent calendar chocolate is a latte macchiato truffle.

You can read the narrative about the wine at

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/celebratefriends

g2830onurdj2.png

1md31fqnmsm2.png

mtzye21vna87.png

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it is 26 today. we got our new treadmill yesterday loving it