Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Also beware of scams from Kohls, Costco, and Walmart, and probably other stores for free items, Dewalt heater, Le Creuset, etc.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 0 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -3) with an expected sunny high of 8 and 2% chance of precipitation. I'm not stepping out there to verify that it feels like -3.

My fix worked for the client that had updated their other software without testing for compatibility. The other client that was having issues has been taken care of as well, so it's been a good week I guess. We'll see if we get the usual Friday emergency or two tomorrow. LOL.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning
  • eku0
    good morning
    Good man, Ed, for getting those issues fixed up for the clients. Chilly here too.
    It's currently 33F, mostly sunny. High 43F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Meteor shower overnight. I'll probably miss it!
    We found a new mattress yesterday and it will be delivered today. I'm looking forward to sleeping on it. Our old mattress has gotten so worn out. Also our housecleaner is coming today, so the house will be nice and clean.
    Wishing all a gratifying Thursday. 🍂🌞🌠
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous frigid Friday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -3) with an expected mostly sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation. I have really been feeling the cold the last few days.

We shall see what today brings.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    8svtsr3ody0r.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it sure did get cold it was 25 when we walked it is always nice when i get done.
    Ed I enjoyed your cartoon
    have a great day everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Brr, Irene, that's a cold walk.
    Ed, I've been feeling it too. It usually doesn't bother me so much. Maybe because of the quick change.
    It's currently 34F here, a mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 43F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Our new mattress is nice. When I checked my old pillow I found the foam is deteriorating, so I tried a new feather pillow last night. It's a little hard. I'm going to have to figure out how to soften it up, or find another pillow that works for me. It's so hard to find the one that's Just Right.
    I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon, may get some help for my neck. ;)
    Wishing all an easy Friday.🥂🌟
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 1 (Celsius) sunny degree with an expected partly cloudy high of 11 and 2% chance of precipitation.

We're supposed to go to a Thanksgiving themed party this afternoon. Don't know how long I'll stay though. I think we are driving separately as J intends to head on up to Kentucky after the party and it will make sense to start from that location for at least a somewhat shorter drive. Of course that plan may change. One never knows.

• eku0
    good morning
    How fun, a party! Safe travels to J.
    We're going to babysit this a.m. Our daughter and son-in-law have a funeral to attend.
    It's chilly here too, currently 28F. Brrr. Sun and clouds mixed today. High 43F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Saturday and an enjoyable weekend. 🌤️🥂
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed enjoy your party.
    Today I wore my battery operated gloves my fingers were a lot warmer. But when its 30 outside it sure is hard to stay warm.
    Ok so I need some ideas I have invited our neighbors to Christmas dinner I need help with sweet potatoes now one can't have a lot of sugar because she is diabetic and he has a lot of health issues so I want to make this a special meal so my friends if you can come up with some special stuff I would love it
    take care
  • parityanimal
    good morning,
    Ed enjoy your party.
    Today I wore my battery operated gloves my fingers were a lot warmer. But when its 30 outside it sure is hard to stay warm.
    Ok so I need some ideas I have invited our neighbors to Christmas dinner I need help with sweet potatoes now one can't have a lot of sugar because she is diabetic and he has a lot of health issues so I want to make this a special meal so my friends if you can come up with some special stuff I would love it
    take care

Sweet potatoes don't really need to be sweetened at all, in my opinion, but you could try cubing them to roast with some pineapple chunks. And in lieu of mashed regular potatoes, you could have mashed turnips, rutabagas, or even mashed cauliflower.

I'm sure a web search would net lots of delightful ideas too.
  • eku0
    edited November 2022
    good morning
    The pineapple option sounds good, Ed, and very healthy. I'm one of those people who loves plain baked sweet potatoes with nothing on them. Occasionally I will add a dollop of plain fat free greek yogurt in lieu of sour cream.
    Irene, I just saw this in the news this morning from Bobby Flay " Flay first roasts sweet potatoes in the oven for an hour to an hour and a half and makes a compound butter while the dish is baking. Think along the lines of a nut butter with almond or peanuts, butter, and pomegranate molasses. This accoutrement is then added to the fresh-out-of-the-oven sweet potatoes for an unexpected earthy flavor." And I also saw this hasselback recipe https://www.tastingtable.com/648315/easy-hasselback-sweet-potatoes-recipe/. But both of these have syrup in them. I guess you could use less molasses or maple syrup in the recipe. Ed's idea is definitely more healthy!
    I had so much fun babysitting yesterday. The little ones are wonderful, and my son and daughter in law came too.🥰
    It's very windy this morning. It's howling. Lots of "wind gusts" ! And it will be cold today. It's currently 28F, plentiful sunshine. High 34F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. 🌞🌬️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday.

We have 2 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feel like -1) with an expected high of 10 under partly cloudy skies and 0% chance of precipitation.

Gloriously nothing imperative on the agenda for today. I'm cold and just want to get warm. I probably will do some sweeping and dusting.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have -1 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 13 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Not sure what this short work week will bring. We have one client with what appears to be a windows permission problem or perhaps a file locking issue, but I have not yet been able to duplicate it, so we haven't yet determined just what the real issue is. We hope we can get that accomplished today or tomorrow. I spent all day Friday setting up a virtual server to test on, but we have to find out exactly how they are trying to connect to their real server.

J is out for the week, barring emergency need, and is up in Kentucky for the week. We all have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    thanks for the ideas not sure yet what I will do since both of them have problems .
    It is freezing here 21 is just a little too cold to walk we did about 30 minute walk.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Twitter Blue Scams

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, recently purchased the social media platform Twitter. Since this purchase, Twitter started allowing users to pay for a monthly subscription called “Twitter Blue.” Twitter Blue displays a blue verification checkmark next to the subscriber’s username. Previously, Twitter only gave this checkmark to accounts that belonged to legitimate public figures, brands, or governments.

Cybercriminals are taking advantage of this new subscription to make fake accounts appear more legitimate. They’re creating accounts to impersonate public figures or brands so they can spread disinformation or pretend to be customer support. Be cautious of Twitter Blue subscribers that ask you to perform an action or provide sensitive information. These accounts could be cybercriminals that are trying to manipulate you.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from Twitter Blue scams:

• Never trust that an account is legitimate because it has a verification checkmark. Anyone can subscribe to Twitter Blue.

• Verify news and information by checking official websites, press releases, and other trusted sources.

• Never provide sensitive information through Twitter. If an account asks you to provide information, contact the individual or organization directly by using their official email or phone number.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    edited November 2022
    good morning
    7bls4ejmnt1q.png

Irene, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Ed, sounds like a busy week ahead. Elon Musk's new nickname is "Space Karen". I don't use any of the popular social media. They all seem shaky to me.
    I'm trying to decide which pumpkin cheesecake to make. :smile:
    I have an appt with my rheumatologist this afternoon.
    It's cold here too, currenly 26F, sunny. High 46F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a happy holiday week. 🌞🍷🦃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Happy Birthday Irene!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected overcast high of 16 and 3% chance of precipitation.

We got a bit accomplished yesterday, but I suspect it will remain a slow, short week. Only today and tomorrow left to get much done, and some of it is waiting on the clients to come back with details of supposed issues. They may have a lot of people taking time off this week.

I'm looking forward to the four-day weekend myself.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I think a lot of people will be appreciating this short work week. :)
    It's a little warmer today, currently 33F, sunny. High 53F. Winds light and variable.
    We're starting up our clay group today, it'll probably be a lot of organizing and not a lot of crafting.
    I got 2 cortisone shots in my neck yesterday. I'm hoping that will sink in over the next couple of days, and maybe I'll be able to sleep better.
    The turkey is in the fridge defrosting. I'm going to try a less sugar cranberry sauce this year, and still deciding which pumpkin cheesecake to make.
    Wishing all a happy 2 days til Thanksgiving! 🌞🦃🦃