Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Irene, sorry about your friend. Sending healing thoughts out to her.
    Ed, sounds like you're keeping busy.
    Hi Jo.
    I got a call from my nephew yesterday. My sister has cancer. She had a small tumor removed from her brain, and a large one from her colon. We are waiting for test results. I haven't been able to talk with her yet, will try again today, waiting for the time zone. I thought it would be easy to send flowers, but a lot of places have limited florists that will deliver. Finally found some that will be delivered tomorrow.
    I'm a bit shaken.
    Wishing you all a good day.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

I'm so sorry to hear of the medical problems. Hope everything turns out well.

We have 12 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 23 and 3% chance of precipitation.

My tea is ready so off to the kitchen to get breakfast.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    Vix I am sorry your sister is sick. Sending prayers and hugs
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Ed. It's good to have a sunny day.
    I got through and spoke with my sister yesterday. She sounded tired, to be expected, but in good spirits. She's out of the ICU and said she's feeling much better.
    It's currently 43F here and very misty/foggy outside. Sunshine and clouds mixed later in the day. High 72F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm planning to go to a craft fair this afternoon with a friend. That will be a nice distraction.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a relaxing weekend ahead. 🍂🌞
  • eku0
    good morning
    The craft fair was mostly Christmas things yesterday, but the weather was beautiful and it was nice to be outside walking around. It's going to be warm today, so hoping to get out and about.
    I had a very short conversation with my sister yesterday. She seemed really tired. I'm glad the flowers got there to brighten her day.
    It's currently 60F, with considerable cloudiness. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 75F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant weekend. 🍂🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

I have been up for a couple of hours but distracted by stuff. We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 24 and 10% chance of precipitation.

I had leftover pizza for breakfast. I need to get out to the grocery for a few things, and perhaps get some laundry going.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good Sunday morning,
    our weather today was 64 when we walked it was beautiful weather for walking.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 26 and 15% chance of precipitation.

I got to the store yesterday, so have nothing critical today. If J has cleared all the plants off the washer and dryer though, I will do laundry. If he hasn't, then that will wait.

I didn't win the 1.6 billion dollars last night but neither did anyone else. I guess I'll be buying a ticket for the next drawing.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, it has been beautiful weather for walking here too. We went to the park again yesterday for a nice long walk.
    Ed, I kind of like days with nothing on the checklist.
    It's currently 66F here, and we've had a little rain, still looks a bit drizzly. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 75F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    I'm hoping for a nice relaxing day, and wishing the same for all of you. 🍂☔🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected foggy high of 27 and 10% chance of precipitation.

As I did laundry yesterday, I have lots of laundry in the dryer to fold today. Some might be done on breaks or lunch if I feel like it.

• eku0
    edited November 2022
    good morning
    It's currently 64F, sunny with big streaks of gray and white clouds. High of 73F expected today. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. It looks like the last warm day for a while.
    My sister didn't sound good on the phone. She's really tired and going stir crazy. She's almost constantly on the go when she's well. It's really hard to help when you're so far away.
    We saw the little ones yesterday. They are so adorable. 😍 It rained while we were there and a beautiful rainbow came out across the sky.
    Another new week, wishing all a good one. 🍂
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it was 68 this morning when we walked loved it. Tomorrow is supposed to get colder oh well it was fun while it lasted.
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Email Scams from University Domains

Most universities provide students with email addresses from the university’s official domain. For example, a student's email address could be firstname[at]harvard[dot]edu. Since these email addresses use real university domains, cybercriminals try to gain access to student email accounts so they can use them for their own malicious purposes.

To start the scam, cybercriminals use social engineering to gain access to a student's email account. If they are successful, the cybercriminals will send you a phishing email from the stolen email address. The university email address makes the email appear more legitimate. The email states that some messages are being blocked from your inbox and provides a link to a spoofed login page. If you click this link and enter your login credentials, cybercriminals can use your login credentials to access your sensitive information.

Don’t let a university email scam trick you. Follow the tips below to keep your sensitive information safe:

• Even if the sender’s email address is from a trusted domain, the email could be fake. Cybercriminals can gain access to trusted domains to make their scams more believable.

• When you receive an email, stop and look for red flags. For example, watch out for emails that were sent outside of business hours and emails that contain spelling or grammatical errors.

• Never click a link in an email that you aren’t expecting. If the email claims that you have an account issue, log in to the organization’s website directly to verify the claim.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 23 and 2% chance of rain.

I got all the laundry put away yesterday. Today at work they may finally get a new feature up to the point where I can test it. While waiting I have been learning a programming language that they use a lot so I can better understand the code when I see it.

• eku0
    edited November 2022
    good morning
    Irene, good that you're enjoying the nice Fall weather.
    Ed, always good to learn a new programming language.
    We went for a nice long walk in the park yesterday, wanted to enjoy the last of the warm weather!
    My sister sounded a bit better on the phone.
    Chilling off now, currently 45F. Partly cloudy. High 58F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
    We're getting our kitchen sink disposal replaced today. It was leaking.
    No special plans, will go with the flow.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🍂🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-Sorry to hear about your sister, sending healing vibes.
    Irene-Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Ed-I didn't win the lottery drawing either, maybe we will have better luck next time.
    Hubby had his procedure on Monday. The Dr. removed a small tumor from his bladder. He had a chemo drug inserted into his bladder this morning and has to go back on Friday to get the catheter taken out.
    He is very uncomfortable, but not in a lot of pain.
    The weather over the weekend was beautiful and now we are getting back to cooler weather.
    Have a great week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 11 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 19 and 0% chance of rain.

Thankfully we should stop seeing all the election ads now, for a while.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it has gotten really cold it was 39 this morning.
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Jo. I hope your husband feels better every day. It's good that the catheter will be taken out soon, so uncomfortable. The new treatments are amazing, going right to the point of the problem. My husband had some sort of radiation particles inserted when he had cancer. He's been clear now for 4 years. I'm not sure about the diagnosis/prognosis for my sister. We are getting cooler weather now too.
    Irene, it's cold here too, was 32 earlier.
    Ed, I hope people voted well. I'm glad that part is over, and hope there's no fussing over the outcomes.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning. Hopefully will help my system get back some balance. I've been pretty stressed this past week.
    It's currently 52F, sunny. High 59F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a good day. Happy 🐫 day! 🌞🍂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 74% chance of rain. We are also expecting some wind.

I need to drop a package off at the post office during lunch.