Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi everyone,
    our weather has been pretty nice. nothing new which is good take care
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hello,
    Home again. So nice to sleep in my own bed!
    Ed, I'm mostly doing laundry today. ;)
    Hi Jo!
    Irene, so glad you had a good time. Job market is better now than it's been in decades, so no worries there.
    Vacation was wonderful and exhausting.
    The scenery was magnificent, driving and hiking was way too much.
    We went to Antelope Canyon with a native American guide, it was absolutely stunning, and then a short trip over to Horseshoe Bend.
    Bryce Canyon is amazing, should not have done the hike between Sunset and Sunrise point, beautiful, but a bit much, taking about 2 hours with steep trails. (I'm still feeling it).
    Took a drive through Johnson Canyon Rd and Best Friends shelter in Kanab, Utah. The animal shelter keeps over 1700 rescues in a very pretty canyon, and has the most beautiful pet cemetery I've ever seen, filled with wind chime trees that make such a soothing background sound.
    Visited Snow Canyon in St. George, Utah and also met my sister for lunch. It was great seeing her.
    And went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. And watched the lunar eclipse.
    We got home about 3:30 a.m. this morning after traveling all day yesterday.
    It's currently 74F, partly cloudy. High 78F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful day. 🌞

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 14 (Celsius) sunny degrees expecting a toasty, sunny high of 33 and 1% chance of rain.

Lots of testing to do at work and at home laundry still waiting to be folded and put away.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Sounds like a busy day ahead for you, Ed.
    I got my laundry done yesterday, and just put away the things that had to be air dryed.
    Our housecleaner is coming today, so need to get rid of any clutter. I'm still exhausted and achy, so I'll take it easy today too.
    It's currently 56F, sun and clouds mixed. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 74F. Winds light and variable. Very nice out.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant day. 🐫🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) fair degrees with wind north northeast at 5 kph. The expected mostly sunny high is a sizzling 34 (93 Fahrenheit) and we have an air quality warning for the day.

I think it's a good day to stay mostly inside. I finished that big round of testing yesterday, but there is still more stuff to test today. In the process of the big round, I set up logic tables and small programs to semi-automate the process, and shared all that with the programmer working on the fixes, so he can see how I tested it. By the end of that round I had really found my rhythm and had it worked down to a smooth process. Thank goodness I work from home so I could go long stretches without interruption, other than by the cats and maybe J who works down the hall.

It works out well with each of us having separate workspace. We used to have our computers in the same space, but after D moved out, J moved to the room D used to occupy, which was the smallest bedroom, or maybe originally designed as the nursery. So long before I started working for the company too, we were already in separate spaces.

Well, my tea mug needs refilling.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, my husband and I have our separate spaces too. It's nice having your own little den. Sounds like you got a lot of work done, yay you!
    I lazed around yesterday, I was still so exhausted. Fell asleep while reading.
    It's currently cloudy and 60F, mostly cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 82F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have an appt with my rheumatologist later this morning. That's about it for today.
    Wishing all an easy Thursday. ☁☁🌤
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's totally overcast this a.m. Thunderstorms expected this morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon hours. High 88F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. No special plans for today.
    I'm in the midst of a fibro flare, but may try to do some exercise. Didn't sleep well last night.
    Wishing everyone a felicitous Friday. 🌩
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Hope you feel better soon Vix. I'm sure the stormy weather isn't helping.

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 33 under mostly sunny skies and wind northwest ay 5 kph. There is a 4% chance of rain. I will need to water the container garden today.

The weekend is almost here!

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

22 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees now with an expected high of 32 under partly cloudy skies and 15% chance of rain.

I think I'll get out to a grocery today.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's a nice, bright, sunshiny day. Currently 67F, (in for a hot one!). Partly cloudy. Near record high temperatures. High 92F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I did some exercise yesterday, hoping that getting back into the routine will help. I did sleep a little better.
    Pete grilled some salmon for dinner. Simple veggies on the side.
    I scheduled a purple heart pick-up for Monday, so I'll go through some things to add to my give away.
    Wishing everyone a fun Saturday! 🌞
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    summer has hit nj it is going to be 94 today we need to get the pool opened but there still is so much pollen out there take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-It sounds like you had a a wonderful vacation.I hope you feel less achy soon.
    Irene-The pollen here has been awful. I hope you get your pool open soon.
    Ed-my hubby and I also have separate work spaces at home.
    It is cloudy and 72 but supposed to get into the 90's and be sunny this afternoon.
    We have slowly been doing repairs around the house. As soon as we finish one project, we find something else that needs tending to. Such is the life of a homeowner .:)
    Have a great day and stay cool.
  • IreneMurman
    good Sunday morning
    Jo you are right there always seems to be something that needs fixing.
    I think we will open our pool next week we will have a couple of cool days so we will wait until then
    take care
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, you are always busy! I hope you get to enjoy some nice weather.
    Irene, it's supposed to be a little cooler here for a few days too. I know you're going to enjoy the pool!
    Hi Ed!
    I'll be going through some more clothes today, to see what I want to give away.
    I made an appt with the orthopedist's PA for next week. My surgeon retired! Hopefully she can give me some advice.
    It's currently 75F and mostly sunny. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 89F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a restful Sunday. 🌞🌞🌩
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 23 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees, wind southwest at 10 to 15 kph, and an expected partly sunny high of 31 with 40% chance of afternoon rain. If we get the rain, storms could include strong, gusty winds. I think I may well need to water the container garden manually. We'll see. I could do that anyway and maybe call forth some rain from the sky! Kinda like washing the car to make it rain.

Nothing critical on the home front.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We had a hot weekend, temps in the 90's. Today will be in the low 70's and there is a nice breeze at the moment.
    I am going to power wash the deck and patio today. Hubby did the sheds yesterday.
    My rhododendron's are starting to bloom and the clematis is full of buds. I love all the colors when the flowers start to bloom.
    Wishing you all a lovely week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Enjoy the flowers Joanne.

We have 20 (Celsius) rainy degrees with rain likely for the next several hours. The expected high is 22 under overcast skies with 100% chance of rain.

Back to work today. I have some Italian bean soup I made yesterday, so won't need to cook much for me today. A rainy day seems like a perfect day for soup! I didn't plan it that way, but I'll take it. We need the rain.

Nose back to the grindstone today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    our weather today is beautiful it was 63 this morning when we walked. Yesterday was so hot I couldn't even sit outside it was in the 90s too hot.
    take care
  • eku0
    Hi all
    Irene, hot here yesterday too, but I sat out for a little while. Today is gorgeous.
    Italian bean soup sounds good, Ed. We had turkey chili last night and I've been making salads for lunch.
    Jo, 90s here too over the weekend. I just came in from enjoying the weather, reading on the patio.
    Our clematis in the back is in full bloom, as are the rhododendrons. We also have a lot of irises blooming, all different types, even yellow ones, and some dark lilacs, the creeping phlox, regular phlox, periwinkle, and some red roses in front of the house. We had some loud t-storms last night, but today,the weather is perfect.
    It's currently 68F and sunny, considerable cloudiness expected later with occasional rain showers. High near 70F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new week. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 28 and 34% chance of rain. The air is calm, with no wind to speak of.

Another busy day of software testing. I uncovered several bugs yesterday, wrote up problem tickets for them, and spent some time updating my master test case document for that particular piece of software, that includes all the bug reports and a little additional documentation on testing methods.

Nothing critical on the home front today. It rained all morning yesterday, but the evening was pleasant. Looks like temperatures are climbing up a bit today.

Breakfast was a couple of whole grain protein power waffles, an egg, some cheese, and a sandwich sized sausage patty, conveniently all stacked into a sandwich. Lunch will likely be the last of the Italian bean soup.