Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    8xj0f1w3pita.png

I have a bit of a cold, so I made the hot and sour soup last night. I think it came out even better this time (I increased the recipe a bit).
    It's currently 55F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 71F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone an easy Friday. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying sunny Saturday! We have 14 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 28 and 2% chance of rain.

I had a sudden opportunity and got my second Covid booster yesterday afternoon. My left arm is very sore, but so far that seems to be the worst of it though I do recall a headache during the night. I managed (in zero gravity position!) to sleep through, aside from one bathroom visit in the middle, and the headache was mostly gone by the time I got up.

I need to get some plants transplanted today, and get a few things from the grocery. I suppose I really should have got the groceries after my shot, but the list wasn't really ready, and it would have put me in rush hour traffic coming home.

I really prefer my weekend shopping trips.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, it took a few days for the sore arm to go away.
    It looks kind of overcast here today. Currently 53F, sun and clouds mixed. High 74F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    We're meeting some friends for breakfast. It'll be nice to see them.
    Wishing all a fun filled Saturday. :smile:
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 14 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected high of 27 under partly sunny skies and 2% chance of rain.

I got some grocery shopping done yesterday, and got to the hardware store to buy dirt for the container gardening I plan in the front this year. I have expanded the number of containers and structures. I need to get the dirt into the containers, and get the tomato, bell pepper, and jalapeno plants transplanted. We have flowers opening on some of the tomato seedlings so it is definitely time. We meant to do that last weekend but never got around to the hardware store.

Supper last night was ground beef goulash, for me, and J got some vegetarian pho from a restaurant a short distance away.

Breakfast this morning was whole grain power pancakes, sausage links, and fried eggs. I'll likely be getting out to the gardening in a while, after feeding the cats.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning.
    It was really nice seeing friends yesterday.
    The sun is shining brightly, birds are flitting about in the tree outside my window. Family is coming today for a birthday celebration. I made a chocolate chip cheese cake.
    It's currently 55F, sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. High 82F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Whee! I had a productive Sunday morning.

I got all our container gardens planted this morning. I ended up having three bags of soil left over, but we will eventually use them so that's not a problem.

We have tomatoes on the left, with chives in front of them. The chives have been prospering for several years, but I moved them this year to live with the rest of the garden. On the right we have bell peppers and, on the top of the right hand rack, jalapenos.

0z3kukf31c0p.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 16 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 4% chance of rain.

I got a little sunburned on the back of my neck, despite wearing my large brimmed gardening hat while doing the gardening, but it's not too bad. I've had much worse. I need to remember to get out there and water everything again today.

I also need to do some laundry today, but that (and the watering) can be concurrent with work, and done on breaks.

• eku0
    good morning
    What a nice container garden, Ed! I sunburn easily too. We still have a possibility of frost here through at least Thursday.
    It was wonderful spending time with family yesterday. The weather was really nice, the children are so much fun and so adorable, and my children and their spouses are so sweet.
    It's currently 53F and overcast. Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. High 73F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. I have nothing on the calendar for today, but I'm sure I'll find things to keep me busy.
    Wishing all a shiny new week. 🌎🕊
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 17 fair degrees with an expected high of 21 under cloudy skies and 24% chance of rain.

We have planning meetings today and tomorrow. The rest of the team has traveled here to the Atlanta area, where three of us live, and we have rented meeting space in a suburb a short drive from our home. I don't expect to get much actual work done, but it will be nice seeing everyone. I need to get some laundry folded here at home, and, of course, water the container garden.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, enjoy your meetings.
    Another cloudy morning here, currently 59F, cloudy skies with periods of light rain this afternoon. High 66F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Tuesday. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 7 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 25 under sunny skies and 1% chance of rain.

I got my laundry folded. I do have more laundry I need to do, but that will wait until later in the week.

We got a lot of planning done yesterday, and have more to get through today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Enjoy the nice warm weather, Ed.
    It's currently 48F here, sunny and a bit windy. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 53F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    No special plans, will see what the day brings.
    Wishing everyone a smooth Wednesday. 🐫
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 10 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 26 under sunny skies and 1% chance of rain.

The rest of the team is travelling home today, so it will be a slow work day. That's good as I need to recharge after two days of group togetherness, including lunch and supper. But we got a lot of good planning in place for the next few months of work.

I'm sipping my tea now and contemplating which open quality assurance ticket to start with this morning.

I may get the rest of the laundry started later this morning as well.

• eku0
    good morning
    Cooler here for a few days, Ed. Happy recharging, slow work days can be nice.
    It's currently 35F here, mostly gray and a bit windy. Partly cloudy skies. High 58F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. We had frost warnings last night and for the next 2 nights.
    Our housecleaner is coming today. And I'd like to drop some books off at the library later. Will see what else the day brings.
    The birds love the spruce tree outside my window, and I love to watch them flitting about.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🪁
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    it sure was cooler on our walk this morning but this afternoon will be 55
    take care
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Good to hear from you, Irene.

We have 12 partly cloudy degrees with a partly cloudy high of 26 expected and 1% chance of rain. I guess I will have the joy of watering the container garden again today. We have one bloom on a tomato plant. I'm hoping some bee fertilized it so it can set the first tomato of the season.

It's been unexpected expense month this April. We needed to buy that new mattress and base a few weeks ago, because of the broken box spring. We love the adjustable bed we bought. The other night Kiara stepped on the FLAT button and suddenly flattened us out during the night. J put the controller in a spot where it's less likely a cat will adjust us.

Then, this week, the big TV in the living room started acting up and, but unplugging it, plugging it back in, and turning it on seemed to fix it. But after a few days it just gave up the ghost entirely. So last night, after work, we bought a new TV. They didn't have one in the size we really wanted, with the features J wanted, so we had to upsize a bit, which means we still have some rearranging to do if we want to be able to open the display and storage cabinets behind the left and right sides of the new TV. We should be able to shift them a bit and then set the TV back so it's between them, as the old one was.

I will enjoy the larger screen, I know, so it's not much of a sacrifice, though that larger screen also came with a larger price. Fortunately, I had been frugally holding back some money just in case something came up, so had enough to buy it outright, rather than having to finance it. We financed the adjustable bed stuff, but plan to pay it off more quickly than required.

Well, one last day of work this week, and we get to meet our newest staff member.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, sometimes it's good to have a nice brisk walk.
    Ed, hope you had a slow day yesterday.
    I didn't get to the library, will probably do that today.
    It's currently 35F, mainly sunny. High 63F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Lots of flowers are blooming, including the dogwoods, redbuds, and Kanzan cherry, tulips, daffodils, creeping phlox, grape hyacinth, periwinkle, all very pretty.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Yay, weekend! 🥂
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning
    another chilly walk looking forward to warmer weather.
    Ed i laughed when i read Kiara hitting the remote ,glad you are liking the bed we love ours. Well i hear the treadmill calling me .
    Hi Jo and Vix
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, it should be warming up soon. Tomorrow is May 1st already!
    Ed, that is funny about Kiara stepping on the button. Enjoy your new TV! It's nice to have a larger screen.
    We'll be babysitting for a couple of hours this afternoon, but nothing else on the calendar. I dropped off my books yesterday, but they didn't have my requested ones in yet, so maybe today.
    It's currently 42F, partly cloudy (mostly sunny at the moment). High 67F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday. Enjoy the beautiful Spring day! 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 24% chance of rain.

I got the rest of the laundry done yesterday. Even folded and put away! Then we ordered in pizza for supper, so you know what breakfast was this morning. I also have some leftover Stroganoff in the refrigerator so shouldn't have to cook much this weekend between the leftover pizza (still half a pizza for me) and Stroganoff. I would need to prepare some pasta or mashed potatoes to put the Stroganoff over, but that's about it. Maybe steam a vegetable to go with it.

And I may need to get out to the grocery to get the vegetable, and a few other items.