Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    Jo, that's funny. People do start looking younger as we get older, those in their 30s look like kids! And time keeps going faster. I hope he's nice, and good to work with.
    Ed, good that you're not in the tornado area. Whole grain protein pancakes seem very healthful. I hope you have a good day of testing.
    I had spaghetti squash last night. It is one of my favorites.
    It's currently raining and 46F, areas of patchy fog early. Rain likely through the day. High 52F. E winds shifting to NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Thursday. ☂
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Jo I hope you like your new manager.
    Today I go to the hospital for test to see what is wrong
    take care
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,326 Member
    edited April 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

I hope it all went well at the hospital Irene.

We have 8 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 14 with a wind advisory and 22% chance of rain.

Last work day of the week. J did briefly stop at home last night on the way from Kentucky to an orchid show in Savannah, for photography. We swapped dirty laundry for some backdrops that were needed for the photography, and J stayed long enough to eat supper and visit with the cats and I for a bit.

My mother-in-law is still going to therapy after her knee replacement surgery but is apparently doing quite well with it all, so J was free to take the planned trip to Savannah and will finally be back home sometime Saturday, this time to stay longer than just for supper. LOL.

I am rather hoping for a slow-ish day at work and might get one. My pot roast last night was lovely, and made a nice breakfast this morning too. Two more meals out of that and then I may thaw out a package of Kielbasa that is in the freezer. I have a jar of, hopefully, nice sauerkraut that should be good with that. The other option as far as frozen sausages is a package of Hebrew National knockwurst that would also be good with that sauerkraut. But the Kielbasa has been in there longer and should be eaten first.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Irene, I hope your tests went well.
    Hi Jo.
    Ed, jarred saurkraut is usually pretty good. I've been trying to add it to my diet every so often. Fermented foods are supposed to be good for you. Nice that you got to see J. I hope you have an easy day at work.
    I need to do some cleaning today that I normally do on Thursday. I seem to lose track of time a lot.
    It's a nice sunny morning, currently 41F, a mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. High near 60F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone an easy day, and a great weekend ahead. 🌞
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, My hospital visit went really well they did a lot of test the breathing which was a little difficult but I am happy to say no disease .Dr did order a new inhaler he had the pharmacist put in on hold i don't need to get it unless my breathing gets worse . I go back in 4 months he was very nice and took his time.
    hope everyone is doing good
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 6 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 13 and 19% chance of rain.

I might get out to a grocery today, and to PetSmart for that canned cat food. And I need to do some house cleaning.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Irene, so glad your tests went well, and that you are feeling better. It's good that you have a plan in case you start to feel worse, and that you have a follow up date.
    Ed, I hope J got some good pix at the orchid show, and glad his Mom is doing well. I hope you got your slowish day, and nice that J will be back.
    It's currently about 40F here, seeing layers of clouds and sky from my window. Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 53F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Planning to babysit this evening. Our son and his wife will join us. It'll be fun. I'm thinking of making a veggie and pasta bake to take with us. I'll see if they're interested.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend. :smile:
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday!

We have 2 (Celsius) sunny degrees out there with an expected sunny high of 22 and 2% chance of rain. That's a lot of 2s!

J did not apparently like the weighed blanket, but didn't, in my opinion, give it much of a chance. I didn't like it when I first slid under it but I got used to it though it still felt a bit too heavy for one person. I might buy a lighter and smaller one, just for me. I'll think about it.

Laundry needs to be started today. Who knows when it will be finished?

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed I felt the same way it just felt heavy to me, we don't even use it anymore.
    I am feeling so much better no more coughing . Thanks Vix
    take care
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Irene I'm sure it's a great relief to not be coughing. Yay!
    Ed, I like soft fluffy blankets. It's funny, I sort of kick the blanket around my feet so I have more room around them.
    We had a lot of fun last night with the kids. I made the pasta and veggie casserole using chickpea pasta, and light cottage cheese so it was higher in protein and not as heavy. It was delicious. :smile:
    Luckily no plans for today so I can rest up.
    It's currently 42F, overcast. High 51F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
    Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. ☮
  • eku0
    good morning.
    I haven't been sleeping well. Up early. It's a frosty morning. Currently 30F, expectations of sunshine and clouds mixed today. High 66F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! I

We have 9 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 23 and 5% chance of rain.

Back to the old grind this morning, and I have a LOT of laundry to fold in between things.

• IreneMurman
    Good Monday morning, no plans have a great day
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 27 and 3% chance of rain. Spring is definitely back, hopefully to stay as Summer arrives all too quickly here in the south.

I got all the laundry folded yesterday, with Dinah's help of course. Nothing critical on the home agenda today. We did some system updates at work so may still be tweaking the configuration of those this morning.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Enjoy working with the updates, Ed. Hi Irene and Jo.
    I had a pretty slow day yesterday, caught up on some paperwork, sat out in the sun for a while, exchanged some books at the library.
    The flowers and flowering pear next to our deck are beautiful this week. The cherry trees are losing their petals (they were gorgeous last week).
    Will see what today brings.
    It's currently 49F, cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 74F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. May have another chance to sit in the sun and read. ;)
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Tuesday.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Well it looks like it is starting to rain glad it waited until l we got done with our walk. No big plans for today
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 17 (Celsius) fair degrees out there with an expected high of 27 under partly sunny skies and 3% chance of rain.

We did a lot of testing yesterday and exceeded some limits, ending testing rather abruptly, but once the daily limit is reset at that site we think it highly unlikely that these limits will be exceeded in real life usage of the program. We were pushing it hard and at least now we know there ARE limits on how many program calls we can make to that server in a day. Knowledge is always valuable.

Nothing critical on the home front today.

My source for daily Calvin and Hobbes comics seems to have, at least temporarily, dried up but enjoy Swamp, Shoe, and whatever else I encounter, even the occasional Calvin and Hobbes I might encounter elsewhere in the wilds of the internet!

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, sounds like you had a productive day, yesterday. Thanks for continuing to post the comics. It's nice to get a smile in the a.m. Hi Irene and Jo.
    Went with hubs to buy an electric lawn mower yesterday. So much cleaner than gas.
    Weather is so crazy. It's currently 56F, a mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 83F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Hot!!! Expecting warm through Saturday, then back to highs in the 50s and 60s.
    Wishing everyone a nice Wednesday. 🐫
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Spent a lot of time reading outdoors yesterday, beautiful weather. I think I may try to clean out some cupboards today. Did some laundry. The new hiking pants I bought dry really quickly, good to know.
    It's currently 67F, partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 77F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    The week is flying by. Wishing all an amusing day. 😏☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 17 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees now with an expected high of 22 under partly cloudy skies and 17% chance of rain.

I have a prescription to pick up at Walgreens. On the work front I have some final testing to do for a new project that we hope to close out and deliver this week.