Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Happy Mothers Day!

We currently have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with a partly cloudy high of 21 expected and 2% chance of rain.

My PC is currently updating so I am working on my pad instead. It's a much smaller screen but fortunately I have programmed my full size keyboard and my wireless mouse to work with it, as well as with my main computer, or even with my phone.

Nothing critical on the home front today, though I may get a small load of laundry started.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy Mother's day.
    My daughter came over with brunch, spinach quiche and caramelized onion biscuits. She also bought me a fancy electric tea kettle. It has different temperature settings for different kinds of tea and a warmer feature that keeps the water hot for 30 minutes.
    It was very windy here the last couple of days. By the end of the week we are supposed to get up into the high 70's.
    Have a great start to your week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day Joanne.

We have 12 (Celsius) fair degrees now, with an expected high of 24 under sunny skies and 2% chance of rain.

I could still stand to get some laundry done. The weekend was OK but didn't get much of anything done. Back to work in a little bit!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, it has finally stopped raining here. This weekend going up to pa my niece is graduating from college take care
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    edited May 2022
    good morning
    Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day, Jo, and a delicious brunch. (My daughter made a frittata, and some sides, it was lovely too. :blush: )
    Ed, I did laundry yesterday, but will probably do some today too, so I don't leave it for a week.
    Irene, enjoy your weekend away! Congrats to your niece! Have a wonderful time.
    It's sunny! Yay! It's currently 51F, abundant sunshine, so nice after all the gray weather! High 68F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a nice shiny new week. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 12 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 27 and 2% chance of rain.

I got a lot of testing done yesterday, and wrote up several bug tickets. I have my work cut out for me this morning.

Still haven't started laundry. Maybe today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, our weather here in nj has been getting nicer we actually have been going on longer walks which helps me with my weight loss we are walking about an hour and a half take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 16 (Celsius) fair degrees now with a sunny high of 28 expected and 1% chance of rain. Once again I had a busy day yesterday, and expect one today as well.

We lost our oldest sugar glider, Clyde. He apparently got himself all tangled up in something and couldn't break free. He was old, and getting cataracts so might not have been able to see what he was doing very well. Now all we have is, again, one lone male. This time it's the semi-wild Mr. Crabbypants...er, I mean Remus, who is left alone. When we first got him, he adopted Clyde as his father.

I am hoping we can find a way to re-home Remus to a better place for him. With our cats, we haven't been able to work with him much to tame him better, though living with Clyde did help. I just hope J, who brought up that idea, can stick to it.

When we first rescued Bonnie and Clyde, we had two fairly sedate cats, and we were able to get the sugar gliders out for short periods and they were very friendly. Now we have younger, more active and curious cats, and it would not be possible to try to tame Remus much at all. If we re-home him, he will be the second pet we have re-homed away from us.

Our first pet was a rabbit we named Rupert. He was never very affectionate, and we couldn't let him have as much room as he really needed. He did like to chase our first cat, when we got her later, but she hated him. We re-homed Rupert to a petting farm to have a better life with more fresh air and sunshine.

And the laundry is still waiting for me to start it. LOL.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Ed-I am sorry about Clyde.
    Irene-congratulations to your niece, enjoy your weekend in PA.
    Vix-have a great time on your vacation.

• eku0
    Aw, sorry about Clyde, Ed. Good luck rehoming Remus.
    Thanks, Jo. Saw some pretty amazing places today. Lots of driving and walking, but so much beauty!
    Stay well everyone.🌄🏜️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 15 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 28 under mostly sunny skies. Wind now is bearing mostly south at 3 kilometers per hour.

J is going to try to see if Remus will accept more human attention to replace the presence of his friend, Clyde. But is also looking into seeing if there is a way to re-home him. I still hope for the re-homing myself. It's been rough, but will get better.

Back to work, plenty to test.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed sorry to hear about Clyde . I have never rehomed an animal I am sure its hard.
    On a bright note George and I have survived Sammie's puppy hood today is her 2nd birthday. She really has turned into a great dog.
    Looking forward to seeing my sisters this weekend and it will be interesting to see how Sammie handles staying in a hotel wish me luck
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees and wind to the west at 8 kph, with an expected high of 26 under partly cloudy skies, and 21% chance of rain.

Another busy day at work expected.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 19% chance of rain. Wind is to the northwest at 3 kph.

I need to get that laundry going, and I need to get to the grocery today. Right now the sun is occasionally peeking out at us.

• eku0
    edited May 2022
    Hi all
    Busy seeing the sites. Met my sister for lunch today. It was great to see her. Also went to Snow Canyon state Park, very pretty. Temps onto the 90s here today. Hope you're all having a fun weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 19 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees and the forecast for the day shows a high of 28 under partly cloudy skies with 50% chance of rain, and thunderstorms possible after 1 pm.

Yesterday we went to Buford Dam park and hiked a little, but not too much as neither of us is up to a lot of that. We did find one shady, wooded trail we liked a lot and plan to hike that one again and perhaps go further on it the next time.

Today I need to get to the store for a couple of things, and I need to get the first load of laundry folded and put away, so I can get the second load washed and dried.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    North rim of the Grand Canyon today. Magnificent!
    Heading back home tomorrow. It will be 100F here. Glad we will be driving with AC!
    We were pretty lucky with weather, not too hot and not too cold for our adventures. 😊
    Wishing all a good day ☀️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 18 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected high of 30 and partly cloudy skies. There is a 15% chance of rain.

I still need to fold some laundry.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, we had a great time up in pa . We stayed an extra night it was great seeing everyone the graduation was really nice 700 graduated hope they all can find new jobs take care . Sammie was so good she loved everything good to know we can take her on vacation now
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 29 and 1% chance of rain. Wind is nonexistent at the moment.

I still have a dryer full of laundry to be folded. And lots of testing to do at work.