Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    oops, missed my zoom meeting, will have to reschedule.
    Have some business to take care of today, and my usual routine. Baby started daycare yesterday, so our midday visits are not happening anymore. I'm missing that already.
    It's currently 34F, mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 59F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a good day. 🐫🌞
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    My post for this morning seems to have been eaten again. Don't know how that happened. Anyway, we have a warm sunny day expected.

A lot of conference call meetings today and setting up changes to one of our more complex programs.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 9 (49 F) clear degrees and an expected sunny high of 26 (78 F) with 1% chance of precipitation.

I need to work on unclogging the drain in the kitchen sink, but that will have to be in moments while on break or at lunch. I hope we don't have to call a plumber.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Good luck with your kitchen sink, Ed. Have you tried liquid plumber or one of those products? They seem to work pretty well.
    The kids stopped by yesterday afternoon for a few minutes. Always nice to see them. Cheers me up.
    House cleaner is coming today. And I just tried my natural energy lamp. I'm not so sure I like it.
    It's currently 42F, partly (mostly) cloudy. High 48F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. ☘
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Irene, I hope you're feeling better.
    It's currently 20F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 46F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'd like to go out for a little while today, maybe drop off a book at the library and pick up a few things at the store. Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Happy Weekend! 🌞
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have a 11 (51 F) sunny degrees and an expected sunny high of 23 (73 F) and 1% chance of precipitation.

After I had tried plunging and drain cleaners to no avail I had to have the plumber in. He used his long, electric snake to clear the drain and suggested I might need to have the plumbing vent(s) cleaned if I had more problems. But, of course, he couldn't do that, as the vents have to be cleaned from the roof and his company won't put plumbers on the roof. At any rate, it seems fine for now. The noise was horrendous and made my afternoon of trying to work difficult. We ordered in for dinner from a nearby restaurant we both like.

I really need to get out to the grocery today if I can manage it. Tomorrow at the absolute latest.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, ED sorry to hear about your sink hope its fixed. do have an appt on April 7th for some test that the pulmonologist wants taken before he even sees me ,just wished I didn't have to wait so long
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 12 (53 F) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 (73 F) under mostly cloudy skies and 3% chance of precipitation.

I did get out at lunch time yesterday for critical groceries but need to get out this morning for the rest, and for cat food. I did eat lunch after returning home, but just a quick microwaved thing from the freezer. I still ended up working later than usual, because the server I was installing a project on was not terribly fast, and the instructions were a bit complex. I probably still have some configuration to do on Monday, but hopefully the bulk of that part is done.

Nothing critical on the home front, aside from the grocery and cat food run. I may have some laundry to do, but that's not critical.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Irene, that is a long time to wait, especially if you're not feeling well. No way to speed that up? I hope you start feeling better soon. Hugs.
    Ed, glad you got your plumbing issue fixed. Have fun on your grocery and cat food run.
    I went out for a little while yesterday, dropped off a book at the library, picked up some tea and a new sheet set at TJMaxx, and some squash at the grocery store.
    Nothing planned, so will see what today brings.
    It's currently 35F, sun and clouds mixed. High around 60F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Happy Weekend! 🌒🌞
  • parityanimal
    For Saturday night dinner, J made vegetable and egg fried rice. I was sous chef for the evening. J makes amazing fried rice. I ate more of in than I should have but it was worth it. It was really nice to not have to do anything but chop the veggies.

fbxd2vi2ons7.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 14 (57 F) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 26 (79 F) and 3% chance of precipitation.

I have the dishwasher running, and may do some laundry later. Nothing critical on the agenda otherwise. I have some short ribs thawing in the refrigerator that may turn into something for dinner tonight. J has a plate of leftover fried rice for one meal today. Breakfast was sausage links and rather disappointing Kodiak Cakes blueberry protein waffles.

They smelled wonderful while warming up, but very little blueberry flavor and not many noticeable bits of blue. They weren't bad, but at the price I expected a bit better. Well, there are 6 of them left in the box, and they will be eaten, but I won't be buying that flavor again. The Kodiak Cakes regular (buttermilk and vanilla) flavor are very nice, and I will keep buying that flavor. I haven't tried the chocolate chip flavor.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, the fried rice looks delicious. I have a load of laundry in now, and will throw the sheets in after it's done. Just emptied the dishwasher. You could thaw out some frozen blueberries to put on top of those waffles, might perk them up.
    It's currently 60F here, cloudy with a little misty rain. Near record high temperatures. High 73F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. ☂
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    You could thaw out some frozen blueberries to put on top of those waffles, might perk them up.

That's a great idea! I still have plenty in the freezer from last year.

Speaking of blueberries, the blueberry bushes are blooming and the bumblebees are already hard at work on them!

3b6trjiksbm1.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am sorry you have to wait so long to see the doctor.
    Ed-your fried rice looks good. Blooming plants already-we still have snow on the ground.
    Vix- we have been talking about planning a vacation to England to see my son. Restrictions have been lifted over there, maybe in late May.
    We just filed our taxes. We are getting a refund for the first time in about 10 years. It was a nice surprise.
    It is currently 64 degrees and I have the slider open to let in some fresh air.
    Have a great evening. :)

• eku0
    good morning.
    Jo, I'm sure it would be wonderful for you to visit your son. Our vacation is planned for mid-May. It's usually a nice time of year. Congrats on the tax refund!
    Ed, is this early for the blueberry bushes? We have some crocuses blooming and the hyachinths are almost there.
    Irene, hope you're feeling better.
    It's going to be really warm today, it's just strange.
    It's currently 57F, gusty winds with thunderstorms becoming likely during the afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 77F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph.
    I have my yearly physical this morning.
    Wishing everyone a good day. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

16 (61 F) partly cloudy degrees now and an expected high of 25 (78 F) under mostly cloudy skies with 85% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today. I know I will be trying to finalize the setup on that project I was installing Friday. It's more than a little out of the scope of my job, but as I can use it for testing one of our software products I agreed to try installing it. I may have a better understanding of how it works if I can get it installed on my own.

Dinner yesterday was a large salad each, made by me, with home made honey mustard dressing. Then a small slice each of home made garlic cheese toast, from the heels of a keto loaf of white bread. The star was Stouffer's cheese lovers lasagna, from the freezer. I baked it and will be having half of mine for lunch today as I didn't want all that much of it by the time I had eaten the rest of my food.

Well, let's get ready for work.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 7 (45 F) mostly cloudy degrees and an expected cloudy high of 16 (60 F) with 99% chance of precipitation.

I got the installation mostly complete, but there are definitely still some configuration issues. I will be working on that today, as well as quickly testing a few updates to other products.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, I kind of miss working on programs. I guess that's why I do so many puzzles now. I love the feeling when you finally get it up and working right.
    My yearly physical went well. I'm in good health. 😁
    It's currently 39F, cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 51F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. We were under a thunderstorm warning last night, got some rain and a lot of gusty winds. Chilling off again now.
    Wishing all a terrific Tuesday.😺
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well i am finally starting to feel better take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-I am glad you are feeling better.
    We are expecting a little snow this afternoon, now that all our snow has melted. Gotta love New England. :)
    Have a great day! :)