Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well i think the pneumonia is finally getting a little better ,the breathing is getting a little easier take care
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    It snowed a little overnight, just enough to put a light layer on the driveway and sidewalks. If we get enough sunshine it'll melt off.
    It's currently 18F, partly cloudy. High 32F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have a couple of little things to drop off for the little ones today. And I have a couple of errands to run, maybe later when it warms up a little.
    nz2klaaoizgr.png
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have -1 (31 F) sunny degree, with an expected high of 16 (61 F) under partly cloudy skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

I actually got that laundry folded yesterday, and got a lot of good testing done. I could have almost forgotten that it was a Monday! LOL.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. Sliced ham and leftover mustard potato salad for breakfast.
    I need some updated software on several projects, to continue testing them, so will work on that today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy belated valentines day!
    Irene-I am glad you are on the mend.
    We got snow on Monday, about 4 in. It was light and fluffy, so easy to shovel. It was cold, so other than shoveling I stayed in and read.
    We are in cleaning mode at work, the president of the company is visiting us on Saturday. We are also having a celebration for black history month on Sat.
    I am off work Friday and Saturday, so will miss all the festivities.
    The store director is have been out since Friday with family matters. I hope it is nothing serious.
    Vix-what kind of sun catcher did you make?
    Hi Ed.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Oops, my post from yesterday didn't post!
    Here's a photo of my suncatcher for Lilly.
    re1yt17a4hh2.png
  • eku0
    edited February 2022
    Nice leftovers for breakfast, Ed.
    Jo, we just had a little snow on Monday, and yesterday, the sun burned it off the pavement, so no shoveling involved. Glad you are getting some time off and a chance to relax.
    We celebrated Valentine's day with our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren. So cute, handmade toddler Valentine's Day cards. 🥰 Spent time with them yesterday too. :smiley:
    It's currently 26F, its still dark at the moment. Forecast for sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 50F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    House cleaner is coming today. And I will stop by the library later.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🌤🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 6 (42 F) mostly cloudy degrees (feels like 3, 38 F) out there with an expected high of 17 (62 F) under continued mostly cloudy skies and 6% chance of rain.

I got several updates yesterday to projects and have a good plan for today's testing.

Nothing critical on the home front. Ham and eggs for breakfast, always a favorite.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 13 (56 F) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 (72 F) under cloudy skies and 22% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the home front. A lot of conference calls on the work front, and I have some bug tickets to write up and a few to close.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, sounds like you're enjoying your job. That's good.
    Warmer here today too. It's currently 49F, partly cloudy early then becoming cloudy with periods of rain this afternoon. High 64F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. ⛅☂
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We currently have 6 (42 F) degrees (feels like 3, 35 F) under cloudy skies with an expected high of 10 (49 F) under mostly cloudy skies and 2% chance of precipitation. We had some thunder and rain last night and it was a bit windy, but it wasn't a bad storm at all.

I got a lot done at work yesterday but still have plenty left to do today. The team seems to be meshing really well lately, especially now that the new father in the group is back to work after weeks of paternity leave.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, sounds like work is going well. It's good when a team comes together.
    It's currently 37F, a mix of clouds and sun. Gusty winds during the morning. High around 40F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Dinner tonight at our daughter's house for our grandson's birthday. Always great to spend time with family.
    Happy Friday, everyone. 🌥😊
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We currently have -2 (29 F) sunny degrees that feels like -5 (23 F) with an expected sunny high of 13 (55 F) and 1% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out to the store and I need to get laundry started at some point. And it's time for Kiara's annual wellness visit with the vet.

• eku0
    edited February 2022
    Good morning.
    Irene, I hope you're feeling better.
    Had a wonderful evening with family last night, celebrating our grandson's 3rd birthday. We ordered in Mexican food (yum), and there were cupcakes, balloons, and a very excited little boy. It was so much fun.
    We'll be babysitting our granddaughter this afternoon, while our grandson has his party, out with his friends. So we have some delightful baby time today.
    It's another cold, windy day. Currently 24F, windy with a mix of clouds and sun. High 42F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Happy Weekend! 🌤😊
  • parityanimal
    For Saturday night dinner, I made hearty vegetable soup in the Instant Pot. It turned out absolutely delicious. And we have leftovers for another meal.

ie6kha68z1jh.png
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, soup looks good, thick enough to be a stew!
    Fun time with baby yesterday.
    Chillier this a.m., it's currently 16F, sunny. High 42F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday! 🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-happy birthday to your grandson. How the time flies. I really like your sun catcher.
    Ed-your soup looks good.
    Thursday night we had a lot of rain and wind. The rain got rid of all the snow. Friday was a sunny day but very windy. Last night we had a dusting of snow.
    I just finished prepping veggies for the week, onions and mushrooms, sweet potatoes, asparagus,
    spinach and roasted zucchini, summer squash and eggplant and steamed carrots.
    Now I am off to do my 30 min. on the elliptical.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 2 (37 F) sunny degrees that feel like 0 (33 F), with an expected sunny high of 15 (60 F) and 1% chance of precipitation.

I still need to get started on laundry, as I didn't get to that yesterday. I did get out to the store though, for a few items.

Other than laundry, nothing critical on the agenda for today.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We currently have 6 (41 F) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 16 (61 F) and 54% chance of precipitation. I think my sinuses and joints agree that rain is likely.

Another work week beginning. On the home front, I have some laundry to fold and some more to get in the washer, and then the dryer.

• eku0
    good morning.
    President's day today. I remember when we used to have Washington and Lincoln's birthdays.
    Thanks, Jo. Time certainly is flying by. We had a lot of gusty wind over the weekend too. That's nice that you prepare veggies for the week. And good for you for doing 30 minutes on the eliptical.
    Ed, are you working today? I did laundry yesterday. Laundry is one chore I really don't mind doing. I think it's easier now that everything is on one floor (don't have to go to the basement, that was annoying!)
    It's currently 29F, plentiful sunshine. High 61F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Another new week begins. Wishing everyone a good one. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 13 (57 F) cloudy degrees now with an expected partly sunny high of 23 (74 F) and 5% chance of rain.

I had a partially frustrating work day yesterday, but did get some things done. We don't get all the "minor" holidays off, but we do get the major ones. I would have to check the handbook to be sure but think we get July 4th, and know we get Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. There may be others but I can't think of any off hand.

Another work day looms! And I have a dryer full of laundry to fold too.