Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have -1 (30 F) out there now with clear skies and an expected high of 10 (49 F) under sunny skies with 1% chance of precipitation.

Yesterday was a very Monday Monday. Work colleagues all over the place were having issues, the network was having problems, and when I downloaded updates to one of the applications I am testing, it wouldn't build at all! In the training session we had, only one student's system was working fully, for some functions.

But...it wasn't raining. LOL. And the training was still good. After lunch I figured out what was wrong with my system, for the training issue, and helped one of the others fix that same issue. The remaining student with a similar issue was getting a different error message and I couldn't help him.

J helped me get one necessary program working again for testing on my system, and start setting up the next big testing program. And we realized that J had not quite finished updates to the one that wouldn't build, so it's on the back burner until it's ready for me to download updates and try again.

So by the end of the day, it was feeling a bit less Mondayish, but I wasn't about to cook. We ordered in from Buffalo Wild Wings. Then even that was delayed, but we did eventually get our food. I had some wine with dinner, and got to bed about 10:00.

Today I will attempt to get the big project working correctly so I can start testing on it, as it is heating up and use of it by clients is going to start expanding soon.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Ed, that's the way it goes sometimes. Glad you figured out some of it.
    Continued freezy cold here for today, currently 17F, sunny. High 26F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Great if I wanted to hibernate. Hubby contacted the University extension about the tree and sent pictures. It's infested and has to go so it doesn't spread to the other trees. :disappointed:
    Saw the grandchildren for a lttle while yesterday. That keeps me going. <3
    The sunshine is really nice today. Maybe I will go outside for a few minutes. Will see what the day brings. Still avoiding crowds.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    It only got up to 10 degrees yesterday, brrr! Today it will be 40 degrees, that is New England for you! :) My NS should arrive today. I am actually excited to get started again.
    Vix-sorry about your tree.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We have a chilly -3 (26 F) clear degrees now but expect a somewhat warmer high of 13 (54 F) under mostly sunny skies with 2% chance of precipitation.

I went to Publix last night to pick up some prescriptions and saw some bare shelves there too. I got everything I NEEDED, but not everything I WANTED. But I really only needed the prescriptions. I bought a ready made broccoli rice cheese casserole for either a vegetarian main course or a nice side, and some frozen quiche Florentine for a meal. You know, they could both make the same meal. Hmmmmm.

Nothing critical on the home front. Too much time on the phone yesterday, but did make some progress on that big project. I'm sure we will make more today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited January 2022
    Good morning.
    Ed, nice that you found some interesting frozen food. Glad your project is coming along.
    Jo, wow, that's cold! Good luck with the NS!
    A little warmer here today. Currently 23F, sun and clouds mixed. High 44F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    We went out and bought a small metal firepit yesterday. We're going to need to burn the infested tree, so we can use that and burn it a little bit at a time. And I thought it would be nice to have, so we can sit out and take the chill off in the early Spring or Fall.
    I have an eye appointment today for more glaucoma tests. Nothing else much going on here.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🐪
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 0 fair degrees out there with an expected high of 13 under partly sunny skies and 4% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the home front today, but there is some house cleaning that I need to get to. Maybe on the weekend.

Making progress at work.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Another little bit of warmth today and tomorrow before going back to freezing cold Friday night.
    It's currently 31F, a mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 48F. Winds light and variable.
    I have an appt with my rheumatologist today. That's in Frederick, so a bit of a drive, but no other plans for today.
    The virus numbers are starting to come down a little here, thank goodness. I hope this is the last big wave.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. Stay safe and healthy. 😷
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, nothing new here it is cold i believe the temp is 24 this morning we have been walking just doing shorter walks. Jo did you order the new frozen dinners they are very good .Vex sorry to hear about your tree. Ed glad you are figuring out the problem for work take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! We have 2 (feels like -2) fair degrees (Celsius) out there with an expected high of 13 under mostly sunny skies and 3% chance of precipitation. That's 34 (feels like 28) and 55 in Fahrenheit.

I have training first thing this morning for two hours. That may clobber me for the day, but we'll see. Perhaps the remaining work on that one big, complicated project will be interesting enough afterward.

I am building a shopping list but may delegate that to an Instacart shopper. I feel like I have been on at least partial lockdown for way too long. My youngest brother has Covid now and a good friend in Pittsburgh does too. Both are fully vaccinated and boosted so hopefully they will come through with mild symptoms. So far their wives are negative.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed sorry to hear your brother and friend has covet hopefully they start to feel better. Hi Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, sorry about the Covid hitting your family and a friend. Our experience is milder cases for being vaccinated. So fingers crossed for them. Enjoy your training, and I hope the rest of your big project goes well.
    Irene, it's supposed to get colder tonight, I think the wintry weather is settling in for a while. Stay warm on your walks.
    It's currently 35F here, morning clouds will give way to afternoon sunshine. High 42F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Heading down to 17F overnight. Brrrrrrr.
    No special plans for me today. I have some things to do around the house, just need the motivation!
    Happy Friday, everyone. Happy Weekend. 😷😊
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We have 3 (37 F) fair degrees with an expected high of 9 (48 F) under overcast skies, and 5% chance of precipitation. I may get out to the grocery today and get to some of the house cleaning. If I am getting out for groceries, I need to do it today. Tomorrow calls for possible rain/snow/wind.

Nothing critical on the agenda though.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, well it was 1 degree with the wind chill took a real short walk , Sammie loves it when we put her coat on her but didn't want her to get cold. take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's nice that they make coats for pups now, Irene, and cute that Sammie likes to wear it.
    Ed, hope you get out to get what you need.
    It's currently 16F here, partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. Much colder. High 27F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Snow expected to start tomorrow afternoon. Brrrr.
    Happy Weekend, everyone. Stay warm! ⛄
  • parityanimal
    I got out early, figuring people would see the forecast and panic. I got everything on my list. The egg counter was looking pretty barren though. I got an 18 pack of large instead of the usual 12 pack of extra large. The extra large were sold out. And I got name brand milk, instead of Kroger milk, but that's OK. And they had the Kroger bran flakes that I wasn't able to get on the last trip, though the cereal section still had gaping empty spaces. I felt like it was a very successful trip.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy, sumptuous Sunday! We currently have 1 (33 F) degree (feels like -6, 21 F) with rain and wind. It looks nasty out there. The temperature is predicted to drop to 0 (32 F) shortly and snow may mix in with the rain. The expected high is 2 degrees with 88% chance of a wintry mix of precipitation. The streets may be very bad at times.

Fortunately, I don't need to go anywhere so I'll just stay cozy in the house I think.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning, well we had another short walk with wind chill of a -1 but we were all bundled up so i will have to be on the treadmill longer. Ed glad you got your stuff you needed. take care everyone and stay warm
  • parityanimal
    The snow has begun! We'll see what accumulates and all...

ux31jps4dfak.png
  • eku0
    Hm, my post didn't post again.
    Ed, I guess you don't get snow very often. Better than freezing rain. Hope it's light and doesn't cause any problems for you.
    Irene, good that you got your walk in this a.m.
    It's was 12F here and light gray outside when I checked in earlier. It's up to 17F now, becoming cloudy with snow this afternoon. High near 30F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected. We put the snow blower in front of my car in the garage so it will be easy to get it out if we need it. Not planning much for today. My leg is really bothering me, and I'm feeling kind of exhausted for no good reason. Played with the grandchildren for a while yesterday, that was fun.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. ⛄❄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We have 1 (33 F) cloudy degree that feels like -5, 23 F. The forecast is for a high of 3 (37 F) under continued cloudy skies with 8% chance of precipitation.

If we got an inch of snow, it was a scant inch. I didn't try to measure it. As I had expected, and hoped, the worst of it seems to have hit a bit north. We still have high winds predicted through about dinner time this evening, but all is well for now at our house. I stepped outside only once yesterday, to take some garbage out to the bin.

Nothing critical on the home front today. Back to work.