Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Goals vs The Gremlins

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 969 Member
    Sept 11

Me 0
    Gremlins 4

I am just going to draw a veil over this particular day...
  • TravelinGal7147
    TravelinGal7147 Posts: 50 Member
    Gremlins almost won last night but they did not I remembered my goals, drank water and got through the temptation. So today I start day 5. Goals for today: Up steps to 7000, post all food and stay within calories, use community for support, read and reflect!
  • nikkib0103
    Sept 12

Me 0.
    Gremlins 4

• TravelinGal7147
    Me 5
    Gremlins 0
    Todays Goals: 8000 steps, add 1 new friend, post all food and stay in calories, read and reflect
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Sept 12

Me: 13
    Gremlins: 0
  • nikkib0103
    Sept 13

Me 0
    Gremlins 4

Went completely off the rails this weekend. Ugh.
  • TravelinGal7147
    Me 6
    Gremlins 0
  • BRaye325
    Sept 13

Me: 12
    Gremlins: 1*

So the 20 day streak comes to an end. I ate like crap yesterday, between football and a party we had for my daughter, just overwhelmed by gremlins. Time to reset the streak counter and crank it up again!
  • nikkib0103
    Me too. I ate so badly all weekend that I have a 2 day streak of no points for me, and all of them for the gremlins. I ate like I just got rescued from a lifeboat that had been drifting at sea for a month and was dropped off at an all you can eat buffet. And I knew I was being "bad" and didn't even care. It was truly the lowest point and most miserable state of mind since I started this journey. Today is a beautiful day. Not hot or humid. It feels like fall. Anyway, after I drop my nephew off at his friend's I am going for a serious walk. He is off for the Jewish holidays so between last week, this week and next week he only has 3 day school weeks for the first 3 weeks of school. He thinks this should be the way it is always. Kids.
  • BRaye325
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I ate like I just got rescued from a lifeboat that had been drifting at sea for a month and was dropped off at an all you can eat buffet.

LOL - yea, I felt guilty enough yesterday afternoon that I went to a local park and did a 3.5 mile hike on one of the trails around the lake. It was a perfect day for it, but still barely put a dent in the bad choices I'd made.
  • nikkib0103
    The horror continued today. At least the crap is out of the house. It's in my tummy but at least it's finished. It proves what I have always feared. I have no self control if I know stuff is there. I can not let this stuff back in the house. It's just not worth the risk. I have learned my lesson finally. I am a crappy food addict. Just as I would not have booze in the house if I were a recovering alcoholic I can't have certain foods in the house, period. Single serve possibly but not whole containers. And I am likely better off not doing that. Tomorrow is another day and I don't feel so good eating as much as I did. Lesson learned all right.

Me Nada
    Gremlins, 4
  • BRaye325
    Sept 14

Me: 13*
    Gremlins: 1

New streak under way. We had a baby shower for my eldest daughter on Sunday, so there is all kinds of leftover goodies around calling my name. I resisted last night by just building in a dessert of a couple of cookies and stayed under goal. May the force be with me this week, we're in for a bumpy ride!
  • nikkib0103
    Do you have more festive occasions this week, BRaye? This is what I hate about hosting stuff at home, all those delicious leftovers that cannot go to waste! But heaven help us from letting them go to WAIST!
  • nikkib0103
    Did better today!

Me 3
    Gremlins 1

Gotta get those greens in better.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I'm trying !!!
  • BRaye325
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Do you have more festive occasions this week, BRaye?

No, but I do have an 18 yr old son at home, so he is kind of like a 'festive occasion' on his own!
  • BRaye325
    I'm trying !!!

Just keep trying - one day at a time! It will pay off for you.
  • BRaye325
    Sept 15

Me: 14*
  • BRaye325
    Sept 16

Me: 15*
  • BRaye325
    Sept 17

Me: 15
    Gremlins: 2*

For some reason, they got me last night. Dealing with some stress and I guess I just caved. My bike ride got rained out and then we had pizza for dinner, just couldn't seem to stop myself. I felt like crap all night. Reboot today and start fresh.