Options
    me : 14
    the binge : 3
    days binge free 12

grats to pudding - back on track :)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    As I am new to this group today, I could only estimate for May so far - so I would say:
    me: 2
    binge: 16
    days binge-free: 2 this month, but looking to change things around through this group.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Binge: 0
    Days binge free: 1
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    maicap22 wrote: »
    kadizia wrote: »
    me- 14
    the binge - 2
    days binge free - 0

Oof. It happened again. . . I went to my sister's graduation and saw a bunch of my family who can be very difficult. I overate at the buffet at the reception there and then ate again when I got home "because I'd already ruined the day" I need to get over that mentality!!!

I do this too :( But so far...

Me: 17

But I think it is a pretty good achievement that we're fighting it somehow.
    Wow great job this month!! You are doing awesome.
    me- 15
    the binge - 2
    days binge free - 1

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    May 17

Me: 13*
    Binge: 4
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    maicap22 wrote: »
    me- 14
    the binge - 2
    days binge free - 0

Oof. It happened again. . . I went to my sister's graduation and saw a bunch of my family who can be very difficult. I overate at the buffet at the reception there and then ate again when I got home "because I'd already ruined the day" I need to get over that mentality!!!

I do this too :( But so far...

But I think it is a pretty good achievement that we're fighting it somehow.
    Wow great job this month!! You are doing awesome.
    me- 15
    the binge - 2
    days binge free - 1

Thanks! I am in a drop 20 by July 4 challenge now so I think it helps in motivating me to do good. It is harder for me to mess up when I know I will be posting my progress and stats for other people to see :) You are doing great too :)

Anyways......

Me: 18
  • starsandowls
    starsandowls Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Days binge free: 20

I have a high stress job in a field where people are prone to "compassion fatigue." If you don't know what this is, it's when people in certain jobs have given all the compassion that they have got, with the result that they become cynical and burned out. It happens a lot with people in the legal system (cops, court staff, attorneys, judges, etc.), counselors, doctors, etc. You're just seeing so many people in so many horrible, unimaginably bad situations that at some point, you have to turn off your ability to empathize with them because emotionally, it's the only way you can keep going and trying to help anyone.

That said, last week, I had one of those days where everything is worse than usual - lots of fires to try to put out, lots of routine things gone south, etc. I really, really wanted to binge, and I really didn't want to exercise. I didn't binge, and I managed to get to the gym. Meditation helped a lot, but it was a struggle.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    May 2015:

Mollie - 13
    The Binge -4

Days I did NOT log it all - 2

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

887823.png
  • JonathanP1962
    JonathanP1962 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Molly - thanks for starting this post - it has really helped me and good luck on your journey :)
    me : 15
    the binge : 3
    binge free days : 13

now, Pudding - where are you ??
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 13
    Days binge free: 0

This month sucks :P
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Better today!

Me: 14
    Days binge free: 1
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    me- 16
    the binge - 2
    days binge free - 2
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Me: 12

The Binge: 6

Some-days I don't even feel like fighting the urge. I don't feel like it's worth it. I don't care about my well being, I just give up.

I won't give up, I just feel like it today, and my binge count is getting larger. Hopefully my mindset is a bit healthier tomorrow. I'm tired of my stupid habits. I also know I should pay more attention to whats best for me, it's just hard to practice self love after a binge.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    The Binge: 8
    Days Binge-Free: 0

Struggling...everyday lately...

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    me: 2
    binge: 17
    days binge-free: 2
    new to this group, so pulling things around - better in June.
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    me: 14
    binge:5
    days binge free: 0
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Me: 19
  • LessIsMore44
    LessIsMore44 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    May 18th

Me: 7
    The Binge: 11
    Days Binge free: 4

Hello everyone! I am new to this group, but started keeping track of binge days this month. I have been bingeing regularly for the past year and a half (have gained 40lbs as a result :( ) and I know I need to make a change. I am tired of letting an inanimate object such as food have so much power over my thoughts and actions every day. This is the longest streak of binge free days I've had in months. It is always a struggle to turn down the Binge's offer; I spend an equal amount of time thinking and worrying about bingeing on binge days as binge free days.
    I had always thought I was the only person who felt this way about food, and that nobody would really understand my problem if I told them. I am so happy I have come across this group. With all of the support here I am sure we can all beat the Binge!

Sorry, that was a really long post!
This discussion has been closed.