• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marcella By the way you look great in your new picture. Wow
    Marie
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marie. It's hard to make something for hubby and different for me. I have to try
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am lucky that away. Jerry eats tv dinners or cook his own / we both eat entirely difference ways. have for years.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Great days eating potatoes potatoes and more potatoes.
    How did I eat them today mostly steam with turnip greens.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Yum, turnip greens! Last night for dinner, I had a big bowl of mustard greens (very similar to turnip greens) and a couple pieces of freshly baked corn bread (made with freshly milled corn and wheat). :)
    Interestingly enough, I'm planning to have baked potatoes with dinner tonight.
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    my breakfast.....potatoes with taco sauce coffee,
    Lunch potatoes with chopped salad tea
    dinner .... sweet potatoes with mustard greens coffee

Snacks
    oven baked french fries with ketchup

Would love some of marcella cornbread. Will have to check out if there is a recipe without eggs in it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Had a nice lunch of diced baked potatoe
    and a salad.potatoes with a big salad on top with cherrie tomatoes
    Onions an ranch fat free dressing. My my so full., so good. Breakfast was a baked sweet potato
    For dinner I am thinking about whole wheat pasta with tomatoes and salad.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    09ao1zuov56n.jpg

my salad with 3 red potatoes hidden under all the salad triming
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    crushed pineapple, drained - 4 large mashed bananas - 3 cups oats - 1 Tbs vanilla - 1 tsp cinnamon - place pineapple on bottom of baking pan, mix oats, mashed banana, cinnamon and vanilla, layer mixture on top of pineapple. bake covered in oven for 350 for 40 minutes
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hash browns recipes

Perfect Oven Hash Browns

The KEY to good fluffy fully awesome not from frozen hashbrowns is prebaked potatoes. There is no substitution. Next week I'll be making a video on how to do it on your stovetop! Sometimes it's just nice to have some space available on the stove for tofu scrambles, gravy making, etc!

Baked Potatoes that have cooled, preferably refrigerated several hours. You can use red, russet or gold potatoes. Probably even purple potatoes (I never see those!) I cook my potatoes in the crockpot! (1-2 baked potatoes per person)
    salt to taste
    Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with either parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.

Take a sturdy box grater (like this one) with large holes and shred your cooled baked potatoes. The skins are just fine to leave on. Some will shred up and some will end up just falling off in big pieces that you can discard.

Now toss in a pinch or two of salt. You can also add other seasonings here like chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.

Take a handful of the grated potatoes and place it on your lined baking sheet. Form it into a little flat disk that is a little bit larger than your spatula (you want to be able to easily flip these!) Gently press it down so that it sticks together. Continue doing that until you have used up all of your potato.

Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Now gently flip your hash browns over and then bake again for another 10-15 minutes, or until nicely browned. Serve with gravy, plant strong biscuits, fruit, unsweetened yogurt or whatever you love to eat with your hash browns!
    Morgan/ 8 Comments
    Print Friendly and PDF
    WORKOUT DAY 11 - TV WORKOUT - ...

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I am using this to save some plant base recipes.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Cooking some black eyes peas in my crock pot. For lunch. Decided to slow down and enjoy the Roses. Will seve it over some rice medley yum can hardly wait till lunch
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Cooking some black eyes peas in my crock pot. For lunch. Decided to slow down and enjoy the Roses. Will seve it over some rice medley yum can hardly wait till lunch

I need to use my crockpots more. I think that will be one of my goals this week.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Marcella I did enjoy my blackeyes peas cook in my crock pot. Very Delish. Plan on pintos tomorrow.
    Marie
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I will be attempting a black bean recipe in my crock pot today. Wish me luck. If it doesn't go well, we will be eating out! :o
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    No way it could go wrong Marcella. Enjoy
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    7bjem0s0rkqp.jpg
    No eating out here! The black bean dish turned out great. I served them with brown rice, freshly grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Amazing!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    it look amazing too.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i am really enjoying the plant life way of eating. The best plan I been on since the original WW program in 1969 Getting so much help from the 100% challenge group of the Mc Dougall Starch solution group.. they post some of the most fantastic pictures of there meals. can' help but love it.
    This morning i had baked sweet potatoes with Bushes vegetarian Baked beans ice water. A whole new way of eating for me But loving it. Should have found this program years ago.
    Thanks Lin for all of your encouragement I really did think you were weird eating the way you did.But not now.now I am eating weird and loving it. At least my daughter thinks I am but she is going along with me to be sure my available food is available to me when we go out to eat.
    I mostly eat plain baked potatoes and a salad take my own dressing with me.
    marie