plant food dicussion topic

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Just to add, I rarely miss a day without potatoes. I think if I was allowed only one food that's what I'd choose, there are so many ways to cook them. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    yeah that is strange Lin. I think we just need to let these guys as guild line and delope our on way of eating and how much.No two bodies are the same so therefor no 2 diet plan is the same. I am still working mine out. But as long as I am losing as I go alone but camper I am happy. i go to lab Wed. to see how My report is on this way of eating.. excited about it.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jacean245 wrote: »
    Just to add, I rarely miss a day without potatoes. I think if I was allowed only one food that's what I'd choose, there are so many ways to cook them. Anne.
    You hit the nail on the head Anne. my mommy said I really like my potatoes as a baby. and still do.

I am going to keep a good mess of potatoes on hand to have more often.
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning, done check my mail out and found a recipe on chicken while. Chili, so why not sub chiken for white beans and should haves really b
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    White bean chili sounds good. Happy creating Marie!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh Lin <3<3 I love this Starch solution plan so well. All the food I love
    But have one question . Where do you find vegan cheese , I have not found any in my local stores. i do miss my cheese.
    Do you have the 7 in 1 Ip? One that makes yogurt and if so do you like that feature. mine is a 6 in 1

I am down to 182.8 My lowest weight since I went on insulin. 10 years ago.
    God bless you for all of your help.
    marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi Marie - I do not use vegan cheese because it is just too processed. I cannot eat it. Check your Walmart for Daiya (I think I spelled it right), otherwise, more health-food type stores usually have it--Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and others. I believe they make that cheese with a lot of oil.......I haven't looked at it for years since it's not food for me. Ha.

I have the 7 in 1 but I am not making yogurt. I have a yogurt maker which I love but I was eating tons of yogurt so I am NOT eating it right now.

I love my DUO-60. I like the size of it. Is yours the same capacity??

Happy day Marie.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :) Mondays are always the hardest day of the week after the weekend but I did take a short nap while Robby took his nap. He loves his new kitchen set and new vacuum cleaner. He was busy all day so I am glad I made the investment. Poor guy just can't beat his runny nose, I can't wait for warm weather and sunshine which I am sure will help him. Lisa's parents are leaving for Florida today and I just found out her mother had a little scare with her mammogram. She had to go back for a biopsy but all was well so she is very grateful and relieved. I felt a little guilty because she had asked me to watch Robby last Wednesday but I had blood work and a dentist appointment so I had to decline. Had I known she was going for a biopsy I certainly would have changed my appointments but she told me today that her husband was fine with Robby. I am just glad she is okay and can now rest in Florida. I think they come back in May, so I have four months of five days a week except for holidays and when my son takes off to help me. I will be tired but since this is Lisa's last year I will be fine.

Marie, how exciting for you to be down to your lowest weight in ten years. Finding the right way of eating has been a blessing for you, I am so happy for you.

Lin, we also are expecting some snow and cold weather, just when I thought Spring might be close at hand. I am one of those people who opens email and snail mail as I receive it, I am too nosy to wait.

Jackie, your weather sounds horrific, you are one brave lady to walking George in such terrible surroundings. That is too bad that you can't confront your neighbors about moving the timber and rocks so you can get in your garage, but I if she is already screaming at one neighbor I don't blame you. Good luck at the new auction.

Jeri, you and Ed are such good hosts making home made meals for your friends, I would probably just order out. LOL

Barbie, I only watched the game because of my pools and commercials. I did not win any pool and was very disappointed in the commercials especially with Budweiser since they didn't have the Clydesdales. I did enjoy the half time show but I am in the minority.

Phoebe, sorry Carolina didn't win, I had no favorite but found out that the Sandra Bullock movie was about one of Carolina's players so it would have been great for them to win.

Buzz, you are one of the busiest ladies on this forum, you are always doing or going somewhere. That is good, keeps your mind active.

Sorry for those I have missed but I am tired and my nights before having to go to bed are short so I need to catch up on things on the computer.

Have a great evening.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think I have to read up on this. What book should I read
    Chris
  • linder4866
    Options
    Chris, I think Marie is using "The Starch Solution" by Dr. McDougall.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes i am following the The Starch solution by Dr. john Mcdougall
    But reading some on Dr. neal barnard now I like getting ideals from all of these pioneers in health

I found a cookie recipe i want to try for breakfast soon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvqJfU6k3T0

CHRIS....... Dr Mcdougall has a blog on the internet that has lots of information and recipe i think you can just type in Dr. john Mcdougall. com If not i will check how I got it. wE ARE OFF TO THE STORE NOW. and then lab. So get back with you later. But lin know more than i do. maybe she can lead you to his free blog. Lin is my leader on the plant base diet

Here is his free program with lots of recipes and information

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/free-mcdougall-program/
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank you Sandy for rearranging this topic. just perfect
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the Dr. McDougall 10 day meal plan MARIE, now I have a better idea on how to cook beans. Anne.
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks Marie I looked at the starch solution diet and when I go to the library to use their computer I will check more out.
    Keep up the good work
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is my plan today

My breakfast.... Whole wheat toast Strawberry jam , banana coffee.

lunch.... baked sweet potato in my IP , fried fry cabbage , 1/2 c peaches pack in it own juice
    tea.
    Dinner..... potatoes salad.see how i make out on it. and not used mayo, slaw, 1/2 cup pinto beans, pickles

Been to the lab for blood wok. Need to called my doctor to set up an appointment to see the results.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lin how do we find a Doctor in our area that believes in a plant base diet? I guess P need to called my insurance co.
    Marie.
  • linder4866
    Options
    There are very few doctors who believe in this Marie. Let me look around. I know there is a list somewhere of plant-based/vegan docs.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Marie, use the following web site and search for a provider in your area.

http://www.plantbaseddoctors.org/

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    There are several listed Marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ]in I did check this out but none close to me. I check with my doctor today and she acted dumb.