plant food dicussion topic

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am trying something new. I bought some oyster crackers to go with my soup. I love those little cracker but will have to see how it work out with my blood sugar. they only have 1.5 of fat so that should be OK. Sure did make my soup taste will good at lunch/ so just a experiment If My blood sugar is up I know It will be a no no.

Marie.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    Options
    Glad so many things are working for you Marie!! Wonderful results for your better health.

I would be careful of two things---gluten of course and salt. Too much salt can be bad for fluid retention as you know. Water pills can help but I believe they are hard on our potassium levels. But you know more about that than me I would imagine.

From your veggie pal

Lim
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Marie, you are doing so good on your new diet. Sounds like your health is improving too. keep up the good work
    Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey veggie pal. What is your take on this starch resistance plan? Just happen to run across it last night.? So I had a cold sweet potatoe in the fridge this morning for. Breakfast . They talk about potao starch
    Drinking some in waterin the morning and evenings.

Marie.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    my meals today
    Breakfast..... sweet potato a cold one coffee

Lunch. bush\s veggies baked beans. Peaches canned in own juice.

snack .... small red potatoe with just salt and pepper I really like the red potatoes

Dinner....... microwave red potatoes and green beans and onion Those potatoes are so good and moist. love 'em.

Blood sugar report find on all readings. Not taken as much insulin as I was.. that was my problem.

I did get me another McDougall fast and easy cookbook. Like it too. Lots of salads mostly with beans. And lots of salad dressing to make. I buy the kindle for I can see them to read and the books I can;t see the print.

See you gals tomorrow.

Marie
    Good nite all
  • linder4866
    Options
    Have never heard of the starch resistance plan. I would just stick with McDougall's plan. He has done so well with helping diabetics. I wouldn't really mix in other junk. Drinking potato water? Is that what Uou are saying? I would just eat whole food, no oil, and I personally would not add salt and sugar although I know Dr. McDougall says a little bit is okay just to make the food tasty.

Woo-hoo. You are doing great Marie.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Went out for lunch with Alice to Olive gardens. had a gluten free Pasta whit veggies 1 roll and a salad. Brought half home with me for my dinner tonight. First time a I ever try Gluten free Pasta not bad.So the only thing I splurge on was these one bread stick. my dinner tonight was the last of the pasta and one potato bake I will not give up salt altogether but certainly have cut down on it. Sugar I do not used.
    I used splendor.I know it worst than sugar but that the way it is.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey its March. lets make it a good month. I am trying eating potatoes. for all 3 meals for a while. Say 5 days to see how it effect my blood sugar and blood pressure.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am not saying i eat potatoes at every meal but a lot of them.
    I put some wash and chopped red potato in a steam bowl I have with a lid and a hole for the stems to escape sprinkle some spices and and made a chopped salad for lunch I have just a few oozes to lose to for My 20 lbs lost for the year.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good for you Marie!!!! <3<3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    cookin some pinto beans in my I p ans for lunch some green beans and new potatoes in a small crock pot

marie
  • 6cookys
    Options
    You are doing
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Sorry my phone is acting on its own. Marie you are doing so well
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful stew last night. Home made chicken broth with barley, lentils, carrots, onions and roasted diced tomatoes. Plenty of curry seasoning. I added some chipotle spice to mine after I dipped it out of the pot to kick it up a notch. The rest of my family is less appreciative of spicy. Completed the meal with some cornbread cooked in a cast iron pan in the oven. It was made with freshly milled corn and wheat and sweetened with tupelo honey. Yum!
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Marie , what is a ip pot
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Cooky it is an electric pressure and it is fantastic.I ussed it 3 or 4 times a week and so easy to cleans.Just type in In pot and it will bring it up and you can check it out. Phoebe has one and Patsy and Jeri. Here is a web site for you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/790787064328258/?fref=nf
  • linder4866
    Options
    And I use my IP almost every day. Love it.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I'm so grateful for this thread. I was going to make a bean soup today that is suppose to cook for most of the day and I had forgotten to get it started. Saw this thread and it reminded me to get myself into the kitchen! Thanks to this group, we will have our planned dinner tonight. <3
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Happy to say that my 16 Bean soup is now simmering away!
    Marcella
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my beans only had 15 different beans I got gripped But they were so good. I fixed some last week. This week I am eating pintos and cabbage soup i eat on them till they are all gone. Thaas what I had for lunch.

Marie