plant food dicussion topic

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes was a disaster / I bought the chocolate ones and could not leave them alone. Kept eating them till they were all gone so no more of them. on my do not buy ;list.
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, MARIE! That's my problem solving method, don't buy. Sad because I love food. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank you Anne for your comment. I did not buy a thing yesterday at the store that I have no control over.
    I have made me some pickle beets . turnip greens and have a pot of butterbeans going for dinner tonight.
    For lunch it will be left overs from Yesterday. pinto beans, collard greens and a veggie K bobs. Kroger had there's on sale you get 3for a pkg for 1.99 so will last for 3 days. I wanted to get some zucchini to make some veggie noodles but they did not look so good. So pass them up But did get a spaghetti squash I will cook it tomorrow

I am really enjoying my meals.
    I have not learn to used my I P yet tried yesterday to cook my greens but had no luck. so cook them in my crock pot. Alice will be out Next Sunday and that will be our # 1 project .

As far as the scales go I seem to have a pattern going for 3 to 5 days remaining the same then a lot so Sunday or monday I should have another lost. I am shooting for 5 lbs for the month of january i stand at 4 lbs lost so far. so need a lb lost by next Sunday. jan 31 Hope I make it.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    I hope you make it too Marie. You are cooking some good things for sure.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Options
    You'll make it Marie. Anne
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Anne and lin for your support.
    If not now when?
    the time is now for me

marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Great Marie. Exactly. My phrase is "do it now".
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    What are you cooking today Lin? Anne?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    am cooking my spaghetti squash tomorrow.I found a recipe now need to go and find it.
  • linder4866
    Options
    I always have lots of leftovers in the refrigerator but I cooked carrots the morning and have Japanese yams in my little countertop oven right now. Will roast a red onion later. Am thinking of cooking some rice for next week but have some leftover hominy. So haven't decided.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    What am I having, MARIE? I'm having a small piece of haddock, a small mashed potato, carrots and peas. Generally for protein I eat fish, eggs and occasionally roast skinless chicken. I envy you and the beans for protein, but I rarely eat them because they give me tummy problems.
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds good anne. i am trying to find a vegan meatball to go with my spaghetti squash tomorrow. I need to cook me some rice too Lin. i do love my beans. more than I ever like meat.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    good morning Lin and Anne and anyone else who may drop in.
    Good news this morning I lost 5.8 pounds since the first of January. So I made my goal which is (5 pounds a month)for this month and still have a week to go. I am a very happy camper.
    I was going to try to make some vegan meat balls this morning but think I will just used some Bean burger instead. have some frozen one i can used. but will get me a pot of Pinto beans going soon. and some rice for next week. Now to find out how to cook my spaghetti squash

Have a wonderful day.
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Absolutely well done Marie. That's a wonderful achievement. I could do with a few tips! I seem to be stuck in a groove. Anne ❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Congratulations Marie. What wonderful progress. Hugs.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks Lin and Anne

II stayed the same this morning. I was kind of worried about it after a good lost yesterday. afraid I would have a gain.
    Been watching all the news about the blizzard in the eastern USA Terrible. nEVER SEEN SO MUCH SNOW. Have a wonderful Monday you'all

i am really thankful I got involved in this plant diet. such a satisfry way to eat No cravings that I could not handle so far. Will be cooking some pinto beans in the IP today. i am loving these bean soups.
    Be back later
    Marie

1047035bugzm1o4nw.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wishing you a wonderful day too Marie. You know I love beans too!!! Plant based is a wonderful way to eat.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Ditto. Well apart from beans for me! Chick peas I can live with though! Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I ave got my pintos cooking in my IP. Will doctor them up after they are cooked. I think I am going to like it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning
    Another wonderful Plant base diet , coming up/ B....old fashion oats coffee
    lunch...... red beans over rice. and turnip greens dinner Not sure yet occurring what i find at the store But I have a spaghetti squash I need to cook. and a cauliflower So need tor work around that
    Will check in again later
    Marie

I stayed the same on the scales this morning.My third day to remain the same but not complaining for occurring to my Weight chart I go between 3 to 4 days remainding the same and then a lost So far have not had a Gain.But a bunch of Turtles. Ok if that's the way my body works Okie doke with me.II know I will have a gain at one point and it will just bust my bubblies. But I can and will handle it

Marie