plant food dicussion topic

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Hello MARIE, I'm so glad you are enjoying all the wonderful veggies out there. I've loved them all my life and today I'll be having a parsnip, a potato, broccoli and peas with a little protein for my dinner. Just about every day I start my day with oatmeal sprinkled with a very small amount of walnuts and raisins. This with half a glass of orange juice and my morning coffee and I'm set to go! I think you are doing wonderfully well with the weight. Ive found that at a certain level it is harder to lose so don't despair if you don't shift on the scales. Just think how your body is enjoying all those lovely vegetables. A bonus for me, this diet does wonders for the skin. Look at Lin, her skin looks beautiful!
    Anne, hugs.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Good day. Sounds like good eats Marie and Anne. I am just having my breakfast/lunch. Steamed broccoli with a cooked mushroom/onion/garlic blend with a wild rice blend. And an APPLE!! Ha, thinking of you Anne and your amazing apple tree.
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes, amazing trees indeed, last year's season. I'm still eating the apples, although it's the frozen and thawed ones now. So, I've eaten them every day for almost 5 months so far. Probably 2 weeks left, and think of the load I passed on to folks! Eating the red currants as well, just a few sprinkled on the apples because they are more tart for my mid afternoon snack. Anne
  • linder4866
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am not cooking plain brown rice but a wild rice blend. I can give you amounts and time if you are interested but it looks like you have found a great old video. I use the DUO 60 which is not the one you and Phoebe are using right??

Anne, that is a huge crop of apples!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    It really was.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lin i like wild rice. But have not bought any yet.
    Indeed this Ip has brought cooking interest to me again. But I have to watch it or I will have too much cook up. Found a recipe for vegan cornbread today and french fries. I wanted to make it today but had plenty of soup made up and trying to not over cook too much.This store we went to day is not as nice as Traders joe or the other health food store in North Dallas but is closer to home and prices are good.. it is in an old Target store. -M

O My IP is a 6o 7 in 1.

• linder4866
    Options
    Yes, it is easy to cook too much but I keep lots of leftovers in my refrigerator probably longer than most people would. I have it set really cold, almost freezing. Which is hard on the celery from time to time. <3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    For dinner tonight I am having ranch style beans roasted potatoes and onions, cole slaw made with fat free dressing ranch & ice tea. lots of star but the book said the more you eat of starches the better you loose. So i am taking him up on that. I know they are keeping me full a lot longer.

Kind of relaxing day here.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Alice and I went out of town today for a nice little trip to East, Texas to see all the really big pine trees Stay on my plan
    -M
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I made my goal for January in fact went over I lost 8 pounds this month. hope next month is just as well.
    well wishes to all. off to make lunch. Potatoes salad and Black beans and collard greens. I will used potatoes, onions, dill relish and pimentos. should work OK the starch solution book said you can have fat free salad dressing and Hidden valley has one I really like this plan.
    -M
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Impressive! And lunch sounds wonderful.
    Marcella
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Chris If you make it over here
    my menu today
    Breakfast.... Steele cuts oats, rice milk and about 1 T of raisin coffee.
    Lunch 15 bean soup, Collard greens, steam carrots
    Dinner bake sweet potatoes pickle beets. corn

You do not have to measure your food just eat until you are comfortably full. and i like that.
    no meat no oil no nuts just vegans and fruit But i just love my beans and veggies Now I have a instant pot cooker and makes life so much easier. i have never been a big meat eater, But i do miss my cheese But A small price to pay to lose this excessive weight. My Blood sugar is getting normal and blood pressure is stabilized I found my new way of eating. I can handle it. and will
    Marie

Come and join our discussion. Love to have you. Everyone is welcome.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello had a good day. Had 16 bean soup carrots , corn both lunch and dinner breakfast was old fashion oat wih raisin , rice milk coffee. I think I have one more servings of beans soup left. Oh and a rice cake or a snack this after noon,Will be force to cook tomorrow.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    read an interesting article this morning. That when these complex carbs enter our bodies they turn to sugar. I really knew that but has not made the connection with this plan.so my whole grain Old fashion oats I am really having this morning is a cinnamon roll with my coffee. No wonder i can stay on this plan. For lunch my beans will be a big piece of chocolate cake and veggies on the side. Don't get any better than this.
    I am now down to 184.3 this morning. This weight lost is in high gear now. So not like me the hard to lose gal. my thoughts for today
    Marie

1-31-16 .....195
    2-4-16 .......184.3
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wahoo!!!!!! Wonderful job Marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    made a nice salad tonight. Chopped broccoli, dice red onions, pineapple chunks, pinto beans That was my meal my dinner marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    going to incorporate more root veggies than above the ground veggies today. Breakfast will be a baked sweet potato, coffee...... lunch..... oven fried turnips turnip greens, pickle beets, tea....dinner baked white potato, green beans english peas tea
    marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sounds like some good choices Marie. A number of the plant-based physicians have converted me to eating sweet potatoes. I eat sweet potatoes, white potatoes, corn, peas, and some rice. And I guess overall most of my calories come from these types of foods but I still eat volumes of non-starchy vegetables. Lots of mixed baby lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, etc. Some days I wake up and I am just hungry for mixed baby lettuce.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh, by the way I thought it was interesting that in one webinar I was watching Dr. McDougall said eat all the potatoes you want but only eat about a cup of beans a day. I didn't catch why he said that because he says eat potatoes, eat rice, eat corn, eat beans but then says but not that many beans. He said a cup is a lot of beans. Whaaat? Confusing.