plant food dicussion topic

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,146 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Marie, very few doctors are interested in helping patients to find other practitioners. There are no plant-based doctors here and my doctor only advocates traditional eating as in meat, meat, and more meat. I describe my diet and he still asks things like, are you getting enough fiber? I want to say probably many times more than you. I am sorry you were unable to find someone suitable.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    lin Why want the doctors acknowledge that our food is the best medications. the plant base diet? Their is enough proof out there. I personally know that eliminating gluten it cure my intestine problems after suffering with it for years and years. Now hoping food will get me off of insulin and all the other medications. I am taking.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Marie, the way we eat is not mainstream by any means. It is not USDA recommended and it doesn't conform with eating guidelines issued by the government. I just listen to the doctors and experts who study nutrition and follow that as much as possible. One of my favorite guys is Dr. Greger. Do you subscribe to his daily email blasts? Some days he posts a video and on other days it's a blog. Lots of different topics. Great information. I've been following him for years now. Nutritionfacts.org And he has a book now, "How Not To Die" which is very popular in my circle of whole-food plant-based acquaintances.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well they are way behind in their research I have been going to doctors for 20 years. I have seen such an improvement since I have been eating vegan and they have not attempt to cure diabetics . just pills and shots. We need a cure not a cover up.I guess they are keeping me alive but what a price to pay. expensive as hell too.
    Marie

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    MARIE, you are spot on. The last time I went to a doctor 4 or 5 years ago she almost killed me with her infernal pills. In many ways I eat a lot like LIN, (maybe a little more chicken, fish and eggs) and today the after effects from the pills are slowly healing, just a slight vision problem in one eye as the burst veins (caused by expanding blood vessels) in my eye and nose slowly heal. I will never go near that doctor again, I simply daren't. It's very hard to find a doctor here, but so far I haven't needed one! We really do have to look after our own bodies. You are doing so well, keep up the good work.
    By the way, I loved the soup I made from the 13 bean packet. Delicious. Will definitely make it often.
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am down to my last black eye pea and okra soup. Will be.
    freezing it for a later meal.
    today will be making pinto bean and cabbage soup to eat on for a few days.
    Anne I meant to buy me some 15 beans at Walmart yesterday but I forgot it. I try to change my beans up each time i make some which is pretty often since they are my main food. Fortunately I like all beans. Have a great day eating healthy. I love my IP too.

Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    anne what is the name of your town? How can I locat it on the map?
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Oakville, Ontario, MARIE. It's partway between Hamilton and Toronto, on Lake Ontario. I live near the old town not far from the lake.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh by the way you are not to moved from that lovely apple tree. If you put that apple tree on the market I would have to come up there and buy it.
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    You are welcome any time MARIE, but remember the TWO trees are very old trees so probably will have a rest year this year! I ate an apple a day for 5 months and gave bushels away. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We have a pecan tree like that Its been a few years since we have had a crop. It all depends on the weather. if we get enough rain. and we have not had any this year yet.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    time to throw my dinner together. I baked some sweet potatoes this morning and cook some turnip greens and turnips So is all cook just need to warm up.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Had a nice dinner. I cook some frozen fat free shredded potatoes fried in water Was pretty good with onions and salt&pepper. And of course ketchup had a nice restful day. Tomorrow will be the same not food wise but rest.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lin Need some more recipes for water stir fry veggies. I am hoping the breaded orka is fat free so I can try them out may try some zucchini and onion out tonight.
    Marie

hope you are having a nice day at church today.
  • linder4866
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am sorry Marie, I do not have any other recipes for water stir fry veggies. I am making most of my vegetables in the IP with salt free veggie broth, when done, I saute them right in the IP.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here it is Almost March and spring is in the air.
    Still on the plant diet and loving it. Just wanted to pop in and say Hello.
    Its about bed time and I am ready.I slept till 10 00 AM this morning so I was tired.
    see you later.

Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good nite Marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Good morning, Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Lin and Anne.
    Just got back from the grocer store and notice we are getting a Dollar Tree store within 2 blocks of our house. Yippee. the last time I was in a Dollar Tree their frozen veggies and fruit was a dollar a bag. Gotta love that.
    Had Beans and potato soup for breakfast and will be having it for lunch too with some lite fruit cocktail.
    I am doing so well on my blood sugar I am leaving my insulin off today to see if I can handle it. I d 2 low readings doing the night and I only took a small dose of Insulin 2 units. Where I have been taking 3 units. So this plant plan is really helping me. So gotta keep it up.
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Good afternoon Marie. So glad the plan is working for you. Mike and puppy Cinders came for lunch, roast chicken and lots of veggies. That little dog sure loves granny Anne's chicken. In fact I think she associates me with chicken now!
    Anne