plant food dicussion topic

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    I have been making a pot of veggie soup each week with whatever I have in the refrigerator that I need to use up along with things I always have around like onion, carrot, celery, garlic and veggie broth, and canned tomatoes. Always tasty.

It is nice to have friends who also like making soups and beans and stews.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My next batc of soup will be black eyes peas with veggies

Marie
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marie. I read about the ip. I have one that is similar. I have convection cookware that I got years ago. It takes less than half the time to cook. So glad everyone has the ip and using it all the time.
    Happy day to all
    Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    no cooking today but my black eyes peas was so good. I cook them in my I P added onions sliced okra, Onions can of diced tomatoes some taco sauce, some ketchup, garlic Salt and pepper/Was so good I have been waiting till dinner time to have some more. added water to cover all cook cook for 35 minutes. I am calling it blackeyes peas Mexican hash. I am a some cook,,,,,,,,of this a some of that Really love my IP

Marie
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Any favorite, easy black bean soups out there?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    guess I did not not post my post sorry Marcella I am a dumper. I just take Black beans, etc. and add what I like to it. Like chile powder onions, corn Veggies broth Maybe potatoes. tomatoes and other spices.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is what I been watching tonight about the starch Solution Plan I enjoy it

It was on you tube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyR1OcQynfQ
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This video made me more aware of what I need to do.. first off I will watch my oil more closer. I weigh 185.3 this morning. Anxious t o see what it is next Sunday.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    It seems to be the topic of my conversation these days. "The Battle of the Bulge"
    I am still on the plant diet but for 10 days I am going on a so called monotonous diet. It consist of potatoes , green or yellow veggies, a little fruit. 3 times a day
    So here is day #1 Breakfast... Cabbage and boiled potatoes , Half small slice apple
    Lunch....... baked potato and Yellow Squash and onions , small tangerine
    Dinner baked potatoes, french style green beans with the other half of the
    apple

This will only be for 10 days then back to Mc Dougall regular Starch Solution plan
    This is a plan his wife came out with call Mary's mini diet I called it Monotonous Diet

But i can and will live with it for 10 days and see what happen..................... ;)>:)

PPs I have some pretty green leaves coming up from planting some potatoes that was sprouting. I over bout on potatoes a couple weeks ago.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    my first dinner meal using the Mary Mini Plan
    Mash baked potatoes bottom layers , Corn and black beans salsa, chopped onions , then salsa Got 4 meals out of that great big whopper of a baked potatoes I had yesterday at Jason Deli. I want to make an Italian with my potatoes tomorrow evening. Don't know exactly how yet but something will come up I change my Menu up somewhat than I posted earlier

next time I want to take a picture will get Jerry to do it for seems like my hands get to sanken up and make it blurry.

7xp8e4s65ozd.jpg

Love marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jerry and I went and got our grocer shopping done. absolutely not a thing that is on my off list. I did fine a Olive garden salad dressing in the full fat and the light version. I will mix the light dressing with some fat free ranch dressing to put over my Bake potato tonight. I always love their dressing so was quite please to fine it at Walmart this morning. For breakfast I had A baked sweet potatoes , some corn and black beans salsa Lunch I tempted to make a potatoes Pizza It was pretty good Did not taste exactly like a pizza but enjoy it never the less. Getting pretty good at doctoring these spuds up .But I love potatoes so it is pretty easy. Just hope I get to losing on it/ I did lose 1.3 overnight from yesterday Morning. But will see if the hole up to a lost later this week.

Alice and her step daughter is planning on a surprise birthday party for her Husband Jim. He as 5 kids all live out of town but the one daughter So don't know if they all can make it or not. We are meeting at a Mexican Cafe. this will take place in June.

Have a wonderful day
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Day 3 on the potatoe diet. 2.5 lost this morning makes a total of 4.3 for the past 3 days.

no problems so far.
    Breakfast....Med. sweet potato baked with black bean and corn as a topping. lunch....... 8 oz potato With a salad
    8 oz potato salad Fruit
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Reporting in on my Potato diet.
    Sown .3 this morning. that makes 5.1 since Monday
    My meals today
    Breakfast..... Med baked potato coffee
    lunch. .......Baked shredded frozen potatoes with onions and ketchup
    Dinner ...... steamed red potatoes and Kale with onions and mushrooms
    I am so thrill with this meal plan.Its working for me I feel like I am in another world for its been a long time of losing.
    Will report in tomorrow
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Great job Marie!!
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks Lin

Day 5 weigh in at 180.00 this morning.
    have me a 4 sweet potato baking for my my breakfast the rest of the week
    Will have one with my Kale I cooked yesterday in My i P . Life is good.

Looking for the 170's very soon

• 6cookys
    Options
    Marie, I am jealous of your weight loss. I need to see your meals and see if I can eat them
  • 6cookys
    Options
    What are the amounts you eat, potatoes, kale. Etc
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my favorite Meals is to keep on hand frozen shredder potatoes. Cut some onions up in a small baked pan add some onions and baked them on 400 degree for about 1 hour or until they get as brown as you like them. I used my toaster oven, Then spread a generous amount of taco sauce on them and make some kind of very low starch veggies such as green beans, squash, kale, turnips greens , muster greens. I like using those Glory great big bags of greens for they are clean and ready to pop into my IP Just add some onions, garlic and what ever seasoning I want and livery Eat a large amount and Up to 2 lbs potatoes at a time at every meal. I have personally have not eat that many potatoes but some of them have. I do not weigh my foods but do eat a lot.But that is all you eat on this Mini Mary plan. Potatoes and greens no oil,fat no meat no dairy no cheese so you can eat a lot without too many calories But this is just for 10 days then I will go back to The starch solutions. Plan Their is plenty of free information on the internet I keep reading and learning more each day.Check out the starch solution and Mary 's mini They are both connected They are a husband and wife team

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hmj68s3da5bt.jpg

My dinner tonight Fat free shedder potatoes with taco sauce and onions
    Very good.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I finish my 10 days Mary's mini plan I lost 6.1 in 10 daysnow I am on a 30 day challenge to stick with the Starch solution plan. Today was #1 Made it. Certainly enjoy it too. got my beans back on the mini plan you just got potatoes which I do like but i do believe I like my beans better
    Marie