Our Exercise For The Day

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Esyher -I hope you feel better soon with your antibiotics, take it easy. Janice
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    15,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    pulled a muscle in my hip so I'm staying away from my beloved dumbbells and exercise bike
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 minute recumbent ride tonight. I've been off exercise, so easing back in.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I cleaned the living room and kitchen. Then I made a mess in the kitchen. :) I made veggie lamb soup and watermelon mini cupcakes for Iris for school tomorrow. It is her first "school" birthday. Some years school starts Tuesday after Labor Day. But with Labor Day being so late in the month that school started on the 26th. So she gets to bring a treat to school.

Esther.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Esther, I know you've put it up before, but would you be able to re-post the recipe for that watermelon cake? Pretty please?

I did weights this morning; biceps and back. I was looking for the pull-down bar for my Lat Pull-Downs; apparently some 'guys' bent it this weekend!! How the hell do you bend one of those? One of the wonderful trainers at the gym showed me how to use another type of bar. They're so nice at the LRC!!
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Ran and walked today = 3.25 miles
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    No problem Angelfire. I will post it in the weekly chat.

I walked around 2 square blocks with a 2 and 4 yr olds. And a dog. And cleaned the house some more.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Did Day 1 Week 6 of the C25K this morning; tried running outside. Had a nice long looping path to run. Ran into trouble when I realized I wouldn't be finished the run by the time I was back at the house? Made a few left turns. I must have looked pretty silly!

Onto my lunchtime walk!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Angelfire........you only look silly if you let yourself. Last year I had a game planned for my daughters birthday. We had it out at a lake that has a trail around it. I had things posted all the way around of things they had to yell out and do. One of the girls said "what if people look at us funny?" I said to her "just remember who is having more fun and if they laugh at you laugh like you got the joke". She thanked me after the party and said she hasn't had that much fun in a long time because she always worries about what others think. She has finally adopted my motto of Who Cares

Go for your run. Keep hanging left and WHO CARES B)

ESTHER
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :'( I went to the chiropractor to see about my hip that wasn't healing and he found something out of alignment and did his magic on it. It's still not well but I go back to see him again tomorrow for another adjustment. I have been taking it easy and Jake has been walking the dogs a lot. I've also been lying on the ice pack which the pets love because they come and get in bed with me. So I've been walking a lot less and staying away from my beloved dumbbells and exercise bike.

<3 Barbie
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( I went to the chiropractor to see about my hip that wasn't healing and he found something out of alignment and did his magic on it. It's still not well but I go back to see him again tomorrow for another adjustment. I have been taking it easy and Jake has been walking the dogs a lot. I've also been lying on the ice pack which the pets love because they come and get in bed with me. So I've been walking a lot less and staying away from my beloved dumbbells and exercise bike.

<3 Barbie
    Wishing you well, Barbie. I have pulled a muscle in my knee and can barely walk. This will be a setback for sure.

• vicky1947mfp
    Options
    18 hole round of golf. Got in 5.12 miles walking today.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Blergh. My trainer is giving me a new routine, and it looks like it's going to hurt like hell. Yesterday I spent an hour with her going over everything; today I'm walking. That's it. Got to work two hours early and walked around the industrial park. I'll go for another walk at lunch. And that's all I'm doing. Phhhbbbbb.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    First day walking in the morning at/before work since summer. Now that temps are a little cooler (September in AZ versus July) I guess it is time to start up again.

Day one, 1 mile 18 minutes. 3.1 pace.

I'm off from tomorrow through Tuesday, so on Wednesday I'll start back on daily morning walks.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I catalogued more costumes. I only spent 3 1/2 hours standing sorting and counting them. I'm beat.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Today I only swan for 45 minutes. The music the lifeguards was playing gave me a headache and I just couldn't swim anymore. I had some headphones that I could wear while swimming but they quit working. I had to send them back. B I finally got a replacement pair yesterday in the mail. I finally found the time to load the music in the today after I went swimming. So Tuesday I will be golden.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) My hip is feeling better so yesterday I walked the dogs more than I have in a few days.....total walking of dogs 98 minutes :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    18 hole round of golf. Plenty of walking and hitting!!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I swam with a friend today and lost track of time. Swam for 2 hours. And I catalogued more costumes today for 3 1/2 hours.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    My trainer gave me a new routine for my weights. When I started seeing her, I told her I will do anything but burpies. I do mean anything. NO BURPIES!!!!

I'm going to go back and tell her that just because she scratched out the word "burpie" on the sheet DOESN'T MAKE IT NOT A BURPIE!!!!

I gave it an honest try, though. So yesterday was triceps and chest (and burpies. phhhbbbbb.) Today is another run; I'm on week 6 of C25K, but I'm not sure if I'm going for day 2 or day 3; we'll see how I feel.