Our Exercise For The Day

Options

Replies

• 270goingdown
    270goingdown Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Today was walking I did over 13,000 steps today. And I did about 15 minutes of aerobics.
    I under estimate my exercise and over estimate my food, so there are no surprises. These pictures are simply beautiful :)
  • 270goingdown
    270goingdown Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    I keep my walking clothes (pants, tops, undies) in a designated place so I can put them on first thing to go walking. I put on my headphones, turn on the audio book or music on my phone and I'm ready to go out the door with a jacket and outwear, if needed. I have dogs to walk, so I walk each one quickly to do business, then come in for breakfast, spiritual reading, and a quick peek at MFP, then go out again for a longer walk. I have exactly the same routine and same breakfast every morning so I don't have to bother my brain or waste time making decisions.

That is just brilliant! I can't tell you how much time I waste trying to figure what to eat for breakfast, when to exercise, and what to wear to exercise. I drive myself nuts before 7 a.m. almost everyday!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    30 minutes personal training upper body.
    30 minutes power walking.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    30 minute walk this morning. Tonight is weights; triceps and lats with my trainer.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm calling this week "Bike Week". Goal is to use the bike 30 minutes every day this week.

It's a white lie, because I will probably also call next week "Bike Week", and the next one, until I have "Bike Month", but whatever keeps me thinking it will end or makes me love it into a habit is my goal.

It's how I trick myself into more time walking as well. Almost done, almost done, done... can I do just 2 more minutes? YEA! next time, how about 5 more minutes?

I tell you this whole thing is a great big mind game.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @ Eninad..do you have some good music to listen or a good tv program you like to watch while riding? That usually does it for me...especially music.

Connie
  • Eninad
    Options
    Lately I've been trying to bike a full episode of NCIS. That's about 40 minutes. I've done it once or twice so far, but not consistently yet. Right now when the 30 minute timer goes off I'm like DONE, soaked and ready to stop... but I've been teasing out a few more minutes as I can.

My main rule on this journey is to do things I'm willing to do forever. Making 30 minutes a daily requirement, whether it's walking or biking or moving the weights, has been the most recent focus. Currently I get about 3 or 4 out of 7 days on target. It was easier before summer, I was 6 out of 7 days for 3 months. I'm trying to get it back with the whole "Bike Week" thing. I know I'll be walking again in the fall. In the fall though, I want to do BOTH (walking and bike) to get a full hour, but that's the fall's goal. I'm also hoping to interval in the winter (walk, jog/walk)

I'm a firm believer in what it takes to get you something is what it takes to keep that something. If I can't get it a habit, I'll slide back to fat.
  • Eninad
    Options
    I just did my longest bike. I got my daughter to share some of her favorite techno anime music and she challenged me past my normal 30 minutes, song after song. This one is only 3 minutes. I didn't want her to see Momny quitting.... 52 minutes total, yeah. :smiley:
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Eninad -Great job on your longest ride, and setting a good example for your daughter, we definitely cant let ourselves go back to not caring or tracking, we will go up in weight for sure.
    Janice
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    I just did my longest bike. I got my daughter to share some of her favorite techno anime music and she challenged me past my normal 30 minutes, song after song. This one is only 3 minutes. I didn't want her to see Momny quitting.... 52 minutes total, yeah. :smiley:

Great job!!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Walked all over Six Flags yesterday 10 hours minus the actual rides and waiting a bit in lines. It was so hot I thought at one point I would have a heat stroke but we got cooled off and then the sun receided its relentless heat after about 6pm.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Eninad, that's fantastic!!! Your daughter sounds like a great motivator!
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Walked all over Six Flags yesterday 10 hours minus the actual rides and waiting a bit in lines. It was so hot I thought at one point I would have a heat stroke but we got cooled off and then the sun receided its relentless heat after about 6pm.

This sounds like my kind of day. K-Days is in town (big carnival type party) and I plan on doing all the rides!!!!
  • Eninad
    Options
    That really sounds fun @JLoRuthie!

Going to an Amusement park is one of my weight loss reward/goals. I've never been to a 6 Flags, and I haven't been to Disney in 35 years. I had every intention of going with my daughter before she grew up, but I never fit it in or felt able to go and enjoy myself.

She has gone many times with other family when she was on vacations with them.

I still have a goal to go with her, when I can ride all the rides and not be a drag on the day. Maybe as a high school graduation trip? She starts her senior year in August, so time is really ticking for me!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    @Eninad We just went to Disneyland in January. Bat 294 pounds I was able to fit wideways on the rides. It was my goofy leg that wouldn't bend enough to fit comfortably in some of the ride cars. I had to get "creative" by sticking my leg in the foot area of of the other persons space. I would love to go again right now. After dropping 65 pounds I would fit better and now that my leg bends a little better than it did then I would be able to do things a little easier. We are planning on going again next spring depending on my knees and surgery. Don't wait to go. Plan a trip and start stashing the money aside for it. You won't regret it!!

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    I recently learned how to listen to audio books on my phone so I have great entertainment when I walk in the morning
  • Eninad
    Options
    I'm laughing! I eat 1200 a day, right, I just finished exercising. I've had my breakfast, lunch and dinner....and I have 1246 calories in the Green

That has never happened to me before.

I went a full hour on bike tonight and went 15 miles....I'm kind of giddy right now.

*Results are not typical*
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    I'm laughing! I eat 1200 a day, right, I just finished exercising. I've had my breakfast, lunch and dinner....and I have 1246 calories in the Green

That has never happened to me before.

I went a full hour on bike tonight and went 15 miles....I'm kind of giddy right now.

*Results are not typical*

Isn't it great to have a day like that :)

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I played Dodge Tourist again today for 60 minutes. For any of you that don't know what this game is here is an explanation. We are a tourist stop for the cruise ships both north and south bound. We have anywhere from 4000-15000 tourists on any given day. If you need to go into the "downtown" area it is filled with tourists that wander aimlessly and do really stupid things like stand in the middle of the street and take pictures with a car coming right at them. They completely cover the sidewalks. So walking any faster than 2 mph is out of the question unless you walk in the street. They are notorious for looking right at you and then stepping right in your way so you bump into them. The local joke is the more accessories they drop the more points you get o:). I have a bad habit of going for a walk while waiting for a hour and I end up playing this game. Bear in mind May 13 was our last day with no cruise ships. The next day is September 16 that we will have no ships. I honestly can't wait.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @Eninad Yay you!! What an accomplishment...music is the way to go, and of course, a good challenge never hurt!
    BTW, I used to watch NCIS.

30 minutes personal trainer...lower body
    60 minutes Aquazumba