Our Exercise For The Day

Options

Replies

• Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today was my first 30 minute cross training on the bike. I hope it gets easier, but at least I did it. It doesn't burn as many calories, but I think it is supposed to be a muscle thing instead. If I make muscles I should burn more all the time, right?

I also ordered a good quality fitness matt so I can remove another excuse to the bodyweight movements I am supposed to start. I should get it on Wednesday.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I stood and cheered on my 5 yr olds soccer team. Does that count?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, just so you do not stop." Confucius

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Now here is another question...... Does cracking crab count as exercise? If it does I cracked and ate over 4 Dungeness crab for dinner tonight!!! It was so delicious.

Esther
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 -> That sounds super delicious!! I love crab.

Crushed Triceps and Chest with weights this morning. Now I just have to hit my 10,000 steps. :-)
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Another 3 miles today, 2.25 running (and when i say running i mean a slow jog. Lol) and the rest a walking warm up and cool down. Did a little pn the weight mschines... Little!! Aiming for a casual nike ride this evening. Hoping if i put it here i will
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Oops that was yesterday that. I typed and never posted it.

Tonight my daughter and i are running a 5k race at the beach
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Better late than never!!!!

I swam for 45 minutes and played Dodge Tourist for an hour and a quarter.

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    17,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    50 minutes on the exercise bike
    nap with hubby and the pets
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Day 1, Week 5 of C25K; going for a walk during lunch. All I have planned at the moment. :-)
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Standing in the kitchen making cupcakes. And frosting them. Then delivering them up 2 flights of stairs to a bunch of teenagers. And then playing Dodge Tourist for an hour and a half.
  • Eninad
    Options
    ~tl:dr (I got my mat and tried to use it, maybe I'll look back fondly someday, but day one was terrible)

Got my new mat yesterday. So according to my self imposed rules, I start my strength moves! I unrolled it to do my routine. I was kind of excited that I had a list of things to follow. I stepped on it and off it and on it and off it, kind of like a cat touching it's paw into a pond. It was a weird squishy, not unlike cornstarch and sponge.

I got my body into the first position, on my knees and on my forearms with elbows to wrist on the mat and a raging headache filled my skull. Also I didn't know how I was exactly supposed to move next. I can't do a push up from here, I'm already ON the ground, technically.

I flopped back to my butt. I tried to do the stretch that involved being on my butt. I was...mediocre with that. I had to get back into the first position to do the first 7 moves where I bring my one leg at a time up and back and lift like a pissing dog and all the way back and up and back to center... and even with the awesome mat my knees caved, so I got up and used the back of my couch to do those squats where your hands are on the edge. You're supposed to use a chair, but I literally don't have one with that height. I can do those, about 5 of those and my bat-wings tremble. I hope they are afraid, because they know this will kill them off. Good.

Ok, back to the mat, back to the headache. I was pretty much a sulking hedgehog/porcupine trying to do the moves. It was abysmal. I quit three times, left the mat and went over to the couch. I picked up my phone and played a game, read boards. I moped. I went back to the mat. It sucked. I went back to the couch. I glared at the mat. I whined to my spouse.

I didn't feel like this burned any calories at all. I didn't feel like this would make me stronger. I would have rather done my bike where I could input some sort of quantifiable burn number. I would have rather picked up the free weights and waved my arms about. Day one was not exactly a winner.

My weight is up this morning to 202.6, of course it is!

I will do the bike tonight and I'll take the mat out again Thursday and try again.

Eninad
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yesterday walked at night because it was too hot - 45 mins.

Today was Yoga 75 mins.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    @Eninad -> I'm so sorry; that sounds like it sucked!! I hope it gets better for you!

Weights for me today; bicep/lats. Might go for a run tonight; Day 2 Week 5 of C25k. Or may try it tomorrow morning. Haven't decided yet.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I hate to admit it but my exercise today was holding my head up and pushing the buttons on the remote. I did swim for 45 minutes but it made me hurt worse after the swim than before the swim. So I went home and took a pain pill and tried to stay awake. I'm hoping tomorrow will be less painful.

Esther
  • Eninad
    Options
    I did my interval bike. I had to stop because heart rate got to high, chest hurt, breathing was rough, but when I got rate down again I finished the training. Not sure why today was so much harder than last time, but I completed it!
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Went for the run; 8 minutes is a long-*kitten* time!!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Eninad-I thought your story about your mat was funny. I hope you and it start getting along. Ha, ha. I had such a hard time exactly where your at last September/ October and I finally got there, you will too. I had a hard time getting there, but my 190's went fast. Now I am finally, I think, staying in 170's, my 180's were hell, dont get to overwhelmed. IT WILL COME, soon I hope for you. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Today is packing for our boat trip but I do have Yoga scheduled for tonight but hope to get walk in later.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Active rest day. I'll try to still hit my 10,000 steps, but I'm not going above and beyond.

Side note: apparently high knees/running in place uses the abs closest to your ribcage. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why those hurt.