Our Exercise For The Day

Options

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Rode bikes with my kiddos to get foryo for lunch. It was in the upper 90s today but we had fun. Let them play on the playground, too. Tonight took them to the pool ( hubby is traveling) and I swam laps for about 20 minutes. Like Esther, it was dodge the neighbors in the pool tonight so not as much swimming was possible.

Ruthie
  • 270goingdown
    270goingdown Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I finally walked 15,000 steps, I'm so excited. I got my urban boot badge from Fitbit.
    I am so excited, and I did 15 mins.of the 21 day fix! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to move tomorrow but tonight I'm celebrating :D
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I swam for 45 minutes. And then I spent 3 hours getting in and out of my car posting 26 fliers for an anti-bullying seminar. I wonder how many calories I burned?
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I ended up coaching my 5 yr olds soccer game.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) I walked the dogs about 11,000 steps this morning but by 7:30 AM it was too warm for the clothing I was wearing....later when I took the dogs out, it was too warm for them and too warm for me even in lighter clothes so we walked only about 10 minutes each time.....I spent part of my morning doing my weight training..it's my goal to do it twice a month and this is the fourth time this month--better than last month, but still not twice a week.

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    I mowed the thick, tall lawn. I waited until after 8pm and had to finish up in the dark. I am interested to see what it looks like in the morning :p it's so extremely hot here with 99% humidity so it either gets done early morning (usually) or late.
    Ruthie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used my recumbent bike for a full hour, I went about 15mph and for 15.9 miles. I also walked 10,000 steps today. This is the second time I got my remainder calories as high as my daily required calories.

Eninad
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    An hour walk with hubby today.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    My daughter and grandson came over and played in the pool all day, and then my husband and I were in it, surely I burned some calories, I kept showing my grandson moves to exercise, he has gained weight recently. He gad a big time and I am sure he will sleep good tonight. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I walked a half mile down hill and a mike and a half on the flat. Then I walked 2 miles uphill. Now keep in mind these are Alaskan hills. When it snows they are too steep to keep open. So it was a hike to go back up the hills to get home. But I did it.

Esther
  • Eninad
    Options
    Today I tried the 30 minute interval feature on my recumbent. Doing 12 resistance feels like someone poured thick goop into the mechanism. It didn't burn as many calories, but I think it builds muscles. Not sure. Just wanted to try something new.
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Rode the bike to get a frozen yogurt treats with the fam last night. About 20 min.
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Housework and grocery shopping for me..lots of steps on achy legs. Still feeling Friday's lower body workout!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Fitbit died during my run this morning. Booo. Week 4 of C25K this morning, walk at lunch.
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Squeezed in a bike ride through our hilly neighborhoods for 25 minutes. Spent 1.5 hours convincing myself to go ( and waiting for the heat to break) :D
  • Eninad
    Options
    Spouse was out tonight, so livingroom is mine all mine!!

Today I set the resistance on the recumbent to 6 and started to do a 30 minute ride. A little tougher but I was kind of bored, so 12 minutes in I asked daughter to help set up music for me, Moms choice. I don't get to hear my music often and my poor old record collection has seen better decades. Anyway, I decided I would bike an entire classic album. I chose Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick. Because of modern technology I didnt need to break out the vinyl, thanks to Chromecast and YouTube, up it went on the TV, in all its loud college dorm room glory!

I forgot how long that record was. It broke all my bike week records though, distance 20 miles, calories burned over 1000 and woot, I think this is an NSV too. Bike week has been a cool challenge for me. I'm proud.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Dog walking and riding the recumbent exercise bike while watching TV ( a rerun of a mystery show and Jeopardy)

:) Somebody told me that the best exercise is the one that you'll do.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    Spouse was out tonight, so livingroom is mine all mine!!

Today I set the resistance on the recumbent to 6 and started to do a 30 minute ride. A little tougher but I was kind of bored, so 12 minutes in I asked daughter to help set up music for me, Moms choice. I don't get to hear my music often and my poor old record collection has seen better decades. Anyway, I decided I would bike an entire classic album. I chose Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick. Because of modern technology I didnt need to break out the vinyl, thanks to Chromecast and YouTube, up it went on the TV, in all its loud college dorm room glory!

I forgot how long that record was. It broke all my bike week records though, distance 20 miles, calories burned over 1000 and woot, I think this is an NSV too. Bike week has been a cool challenge for me. I'm proud.

Wonderful! Music you love is always an excellent motivator!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I swam again for 45 minutes. And played Dodge Tourist for 30 minutes. I can't wait for ArtSchool to be over. I'm tired of driving and walking through the annoying tourists. Some are fine but he ones that are stupid and act like they are the only ones that matter are really irritating.

Esther
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Walked/ran a 5k
    Evelyn