Our Exercise For The Day

Options

Replies

• Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the empathy friends, your support keeps me from throwing in the towel sometimes.

Today mat and I will have a rematch.
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Walked a mile pn my lunch. Hope to get something accomplished tonight... Walking, swimming or running!!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    And once again I swam and played Dodge Tourist. This should be my last day to play that. Next week we move up to the high school where our only stage in town is. And then I can walk around the baseball field instead of concrete.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    Thanks for the empathy friends, your support keeps me from throwing in the towel sometimes.

Good for you!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Personal training-30 minutes-lower body.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options

When I started strength training, I started with the routine from "Strong Women Stay Young" that is done either seated in a chair or standing with hands on the back of the chair for a bit of support or balance....good luck with your mat.

• edellaratta
    Options
    Mile walk at lunch, 3 mile run after dinner and weight machines. Think i am going to be sore tomorrow :)
    Great work today everyone!
    Evelyn
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    30 minutes trainer, 60 minutes aquazumba
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Welp, didn't make my early morning workout due to a disagreement with the alarm clock. I'll see if there's a squat rack available tonight; if not, I'll just go for a run.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Going to aerobic dance class at Y this morning. Love to dance! And burn calories while dancing.

Hope your day contains some kind of fun active movement.
  • Eninad
    Options
    I fought the mat and the mat won, but I got on my bike and rode instead. I ordered the Strong Woman Stay Strong book, see if that gives me additional tools for entering core work and succeeding.

Should come in a few days.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    I fought the mat and the mat won, but I got on my bike and rode instead. I ordered the Strong Woman Stay Strong book, see if that gives me additional tools for entering core work and succeeding.

Should come in a few days.

It is an excellent book to get you started lifting. NO mat required! 8 basic exercises to start. You will just need a chair, ankle weights, and dumbells. I did not use the ankle weights in the beginning...the weight of my leg was enough! :)

Kudos for seeking out another way to do something that is important to your health!

Connie
  • edellaratta
    Options
    Ran 3 miles, walked half and some weight machines. My daughter just starting working at the gym i belong to so now i have actually been going! Plan to keep it up and maybe increase it. Happy Saturday all
    Evelyn
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    personal trainer/lower body and 15 min walk
  • Eninad
    Options
    Day one with new things.

My shoulders say that the 8 pound weights I was flapping about for 15 minutes are not a joke. I kind of thought it wouldn't be too hard to do 2 sets of 8 with 8 pounds in each hand and then do some sit/stand movements and some pliets.

Complete -able but I'm a little sore on my kneecaps and shoulders. I don't sweat doing it, but on the last three reps my arms shake and on the last one I am glad it is last because I barely get it up.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Ugh. Actually got in an entire uninterrupted hour on the squat rack on Sunday morning; I still hurt!!! Weights this morning; triceps/chest.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am sore from a core workout on Monday. Did not seem too hard at the time. But that is the area that needs the most work.
  • edellaratta
    Options
    Walked a mile at lunch but wont be able to do anything else today. Going to paint-nite with my daughter. Hope to get to the gym tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:20,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    27 minutes on the exercise bike
    two hour line dance class
    a nap with hubby and the pets
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    C25K Week 5 Day 2. My C25K app isn't working anymore; anyone have any good ones?