Replies

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better angelfire!
  • edellaratta
    Options
    Make it to the gym again 6 am this morning!! 2 miles mostly running and some weight machines. Will walk or run later too
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,000 Member
    Options
    angelfire, what a challenge to have to avoid some of your favorite exercise....I hope you feel better soon. <3

Yesterday I walked the dogs morning and afternoon, went to the line dance class in the morning and rode the exercise bike a bit after lunch. :)
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately no training for the next week. Doctor's orders. Boooo. . . .
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    No swimming for me today. There is a swim meet this weekend. Today so far I helped haul 3 tables 4 outdoor heaters and a huge canopy tent. I have a 6 quart crockpot to fill with Swedish meatballs for my girls and their friends at ballet tonight. Opening night for Nutcracker. I also have 220 oatmeal raisin cookies and 200 chocolate chips to bake for tonight. But I'm taking time to eat lunch with my mom first.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Ok. So now that show is over we can add running around like a chicken with my head cut off to my exercise for the day.

Esther.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    t31216.gif I saw my doctor yesterday and she still doesn't have a real cause or solution to the various nerve related problems in my legs (pain, tingling), but she suggested that taking a week off exercise would be a way to find out if the exercise was related to nerve impingement so I started off by deciding to stay off the exercise bike for the rest of the month (I ride it for 40-140 minutes each day) and after the line dance performances are over and I have a two week hiatus from teaching my class since it's on Friday and Christmas and New Year's Day both fall on Friday) I'll take a week off with no dog walking or dancing. :'(

I have always felt that exercise could cure anything so this will be a challenge for me....I'm also adding B12 for healthy nerves, Gabapentin for nerve pain and seeing a second neurologist for more testing on my legs.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    So the swimming pool is closed all weekend so...... I made over 200 chocolate chip cookies and over 220 oatmeal raisin cookies. All the chocolate chips are gone and half the oatmeal raisins are gone. I am frantically making more chocolate chips for the sho today. I pulled the butter out last night when we came home from show. I was up at 8 with the mixer already on. Almost done with 200+ more chocolate chips!! This is a record for the chocolate chips. We have never gone through this many of them in the 10 years I have been baking for the ballets. When I am done I am going to SIT. I finally get to watch the show today then I am going out to dinner with my parents and the girls and then come home and sit some more. B) I can't wait to just sit!!!!!

Esther
  • edellaratta
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    t31216.gif I saw my doctor yesterday and she still doesn't have a real cause or solution to the various nerve related problems in my legs (pain, tingling), but she suggested that taking a week off exercise would be a way to find out if the exercise was related to nerve impingement so I started off by deciding to stay off the exercise bike for the rest of the month (I ride it for 40-140 minutes each day) and after the line dance performances are over and I have a two week hiatus from teaching my class since it's on Friday and Christmas and New Year's Day both fall on Friday) I'll take a week off with no dog walking or dancing. :'(

I have always felt that exercise could cure anything so this will be a challenge for me....I'm also adding B12 for healthy nerves, Gabapentin for nerve pain and seeing a second neurologist for more testing on my legs.

Hope you are feeling better soon and you find out what is causing it.
  • edellaratta
    Options
    Ran a 5k and did so core training and dumbells.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Barbie-I hope the pain in your legs feels better soon. I know it will be hard for you not exercising, maybe the break will help. Janice
  • barbiecat
    Options

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif
    dog walking but not as much as usual
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    My exercise for the day is crocheting and feeding my face. I woke up feeling like I had a hangover. I am so tired and sore from this week that I need to decompress. Tomorrow........
    Tomorrow I will start cleaning the mess that incurred this week.

Esrher
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Ant my exercise for today was SLEEPING!!!!!! I haven't slept good since Thursday night. And with all the exertion from Nutcracker I was exhausted and unable to function this morning. So I slept. I took a 4 hour nap. I felt a little better afterwards but I definitely need to get some sleep tonight.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Monday three line dance performance and a bunch of dog walking
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Still walking. I've been going to the gym in the morning and walking on the treadmills. Hoping to get clearance to at least run by the end of the day.
  • barbiecat
    Options

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif
    dog walking but not as much as usual

• Angelfire365
    Options
    Doc won't let me lift anything for another week. He's iffy on me running, and has suggested the elliptical, but told me to try and see if it bugs anything. So, stuck to a half hour walk this morning, and I'll do my usual afternoon walk. I'll try more tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Doc won't let me lift anything for another week. He's iffy on me running, and has suggested the elliptical, but told me to try and see if it bugs anything. So, stuck to a half hour walk this morning, and I'll do my usual afternoon walk. I'll try more tomorrow.

Walking is a really good compromise.....you're moving and using a lot of muscles in a lighter way and not taking chances on hurting yourself. Be safe now and you'll thank yourself for it later.

• barbiecat
    Options

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif
    dog walking but not as much as usual and line dance class.