Our Exercise For The Day

Replies

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Took Body Attack yesterday and Body Combat today. Those should have burned a few cals. But boy am I tired and sore.

But got to keep active. My SIL was diagnosed with Alzeihimers Monday and she is only 5 years older than I am. Beginning stages so hope they will have something to help slow the progression.

Started playing games on phone too. I think anything to keep our mind and body active cannot hurt.

Sorry to hear about your SIL. From what i have read, you are on the right path to decreasing your chances of getting it. Mind and body exercising!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,523 Member

Sorry to hear about your SIL. From what i have read, you are on the right path to decreasing your chances of getting it. Mind and body exercising!!

Thanks for your kind words edellaratta.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I finally got to hit the pool today. It felt so good to be back in the water. Back is doing surprisingly well today. Despite all the craziness.

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    Took Body Attack yesterday and Body Combat today. Those should have burned a few cals. But boy am I tired and sore.

But got to keep active. My SIL was diagnosed with Alzeihimers Monday and she is only 5 years older than I am. Beginning stages so hope they will have something to help slow the progression.

Started playing games on phone too. I think anything to keep our mind and body active cannot hurt.

:'( sorry to hear about your SIL....keeping your mind and body active are great ideas....the line dance classes I take require the use of both mind and body
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    I got super upset at my PT's last night. She took away the weights I had worked up to and put me back down because my back 'twinged'. So tempted to just not tell her and work through it, because I don't want to lift what's 'safe', I want a little bit of a challenge!! I sulked. But I still told her, because I know she's right. This just sucks.
  • vicky1947mfp
    barbiecat wrote: »

:'( sorry to hear about your SIL....keeping your mind and body active are great ideas....the line dance classes I take require the use of both mind and body

Thanks Barbie. We just have to stay active. She never did but don't know if it would have prolonged the inevitable for her or not. But I just feel it will help us all. I know I feel so much better with activity and exercise both for mind and body.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Vicki-Sorry about your SIL, that is such a horrible disease, for everyone involved. Janice
  • edellaratta
    Ran 7.42 miles!!! The furthest i have ever run! More than half of the half marathon i am training for. Nine weeks left of training before the race.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I laid around until 3:00 and still hit over 2 miles of walking in. But the ballet is OVER!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! The kids did a wonderful job. I couldn't be prouder. Now I can rest for a few days and then start getting ready for the next one in May.

Esther
  • edellaratta
    Ran 3.75 miles home from work
    Evelyn
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Back at lifting!! My weights are still greatly reduced, but whatever. I'll do it.
  • edellaratta
    Back at lifting!! My weights are still greatly reduced, but whatever. I'll do it.

:)
  • vicky1947mfp
    Vicki-Sorry about your SIL, that is such a horrible disease, for everyone involved. Janice

Thanks Janice. It just reiterates why we need to stay active both in mind and body. I don't know if that will keep Alzeihimers at bay or not but I want to think it can't hurt.
  • vicky1947mfp
    I laid around until 3:00 and still hit over 2 miles of walking in. But the ballet is OVER!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! The kids did a wonderful job. I couldn't be prouder. Now I can rest for a few days and then start getting ready for the next one in May.

Esther

I know you are one proud and tired Mama!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    I am back to doing a Body Attack and a Body Combat class per week. Today was Body Attack. Fierce but so invigorating. Not bad for a 68 year old. I think I must have been 30 years older than most of the girls in there. I just don't do all the jumping jacks they do. I just do side steps with arms overhead instead.
  • edellaratta
    I am back to doing a Body Attack and a Body Combat class per week. Today was Body Attack. Fierce but so invigorating. Not bad for a 68 year old. I think I must have been 30 years older than most of the girls in there. I just don't do all the jumping jacks they do. I just do side steps with arms overhead instead.

Wow, go you!!
  • barbiecat
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    17,000 steps
    160 minutes of dog walking
    47 minutes riding the exercise bike
  • edellaratta
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    17,000 steps
    160 minutes of dog walking
    47 minutes riding the exercise bike

Nice work!!!
  • edellaratta
    Stretching and strength training
    Evelyn
  • barbiecat
    Stretching and strength training
    Evelyn

What sort of strength training do you do?

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif