Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys........ I decided to take advantage of the nice weather today. There is a lake up by my house that I have been wanting to walk up to but it is a tough walk for me. I haven't been up there since 2012. It bothered my knees back then to walk up but I did it anyway. There is a beautiful trail part way around the lake. It continues across a mountain ridge and connects with another lake but I can't go that far yet. Maybe next summer I can try that. Here is a pic of the lake and trail........ys2yxaljk0vm.jpeg
    3kewb90opccn.jpeg
  • SeeAhtter787
    edited June 2016
    Options
    t64flhrkgyha.jpeg
    Here is another pic of the trail
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks Esther for our visit to Alaska What a view you have so close to home.

I was telling you all last night that I wanted to get down to a 14 or 12 Well I still do although I know that is way down the road for me.But I will keep my starch meals in check.and evently I will make it.

The girls are coming by to take us out for Father Day Lunch.we done called ahead and they do have baked potatoes, So I am all set. Will take my fat free dressing for my salad with us.All set.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Janice...I hope we hear from you soon.

Esther...beautiful pics!

Marie...I hope you have a great day out with your girls and Jerry. The way you are going, it's only a matter of time before your sizes drop.

Nancy...are you back home yet?

We had a successful closing on the old house yesterday and had a fun celebration with the kids here last night. They have gone out on the pontoon with their dad this morning and I am dog sitting.

Have a great Father's Day weekend, everyone!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am home, got back about 11am. Had a great visit but good to be home.

Connie, I know you are still celebrating reaching Onederland!!!

Janice, Hope things are going well with you. You were in my thoughts yesterday.

Marie, Glad Jerry is doing better. I know you will be in size 14 before too long.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I found out that she wants me to have radiation and chemo, rather than a hysterectomy. She feels that if the hysterectomy wasn't enough and I still needed the other this would be the best way to handle it, plus the complications with surgery and your bladder. It is a 5 week 5 day a week radiation treatment and for 5 weeks 1 chemo a week, plus radiation implants sometime. I am a Stage 1B she said after examining me and my files. I have to get a pep scan soon and see the radiation doctor, too. This could all change after scan, like everything else has.
    Marie-I hope Jerry is doing better today.
    Connie-Congratulations on the selling of your house, thats great.
    Nancy-Glad you made it home safely.
    Gotta go, I already lost my post once when the phone rang. I need to run to the store.Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Keeping up with posts even though internet is sparse. We are sitting by the lake and it is a hot one but
    the wind is picking up. I am flaying at the bugs, no fun.

Janice- Thinking of you and the road ahead you must travel. <3

Connie - Congrats on the selling of the house.

Marie - Enjoy your Father's Day lunch.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie you are bursting with all sorts of good news.Selling of your old house was pretty fast.

Janice hate to hear what you are going through My thoughts will remain with you throughout your ordeal.

Nancy glad you are back home

Shirley Now don't you eat too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what happens when you do.

We did have a lovely lunch. I had A salad and had them to Dice my baked potato up to put on top of my salad. took my own fat free dressing. This is 8 weeks of being on the starch solution challenge. So far have not fell into temptations We did not go out to lunch till 2 Pm So i had a small air fry potato with BBQ sauce. about 11AM to tie me over till then. Did not think I could do it. I guess Potatoes is my diet pill. I am starting a new challenge in the morning/. It consist of choosing one starch to eat at every meal for 10 days. Either I can go fruit free or have 2 fruits a day. I am going with 2 fruits and if i can do without a fruit I will.So off to the races in the morning.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Happy Sunday, misfits!

Marie...it was a blessing to sell the old house that quickly! It was on the market about 45 days. You are doing so well...glad you enjoyed your lunch!

Janice...prayers for you as you go through this phase.

Shirley...the cottage sounds so peaceful!

Nancy..we did celebrate the sale of the house and Father's Day. I enjoyed my brocoli dip, chips, and sweet tea Vodka! I was right back on track Saturday. It feels good to enjoy a few things off plan and have the strength to return to the plan after.

It's cooler here today and I will put steaks on the grill later today after church. I hope you guys have a fantastic Sunday!

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Marie - Yes i have been off plan, we did buy snacks at Bulk Barn, gluten free, but we did have ice cream for dessert other than that, drinking not so much, and good meals.

Today we fished and caught 3...Dave 2...Shirley 1...but couldn't keep them due to slot size. Darn!!
    Yesterday I caught one too but couldn't keep it again. :s

I did two yoga classes this week and walked most days around the lake, but the bugs were bad.
    It should be better next month when we come back in July. I skipped today's walk:sunglasses.
    We are invited out for dinner today at 3pm for Father's Day and they have a 4 month old baby.:smile:

Happy Father's Day to all the husbands, grandpas and uncles:sunglasses:

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2016
    Options
    <3 have no ideal what I posted so I undo it and sending you all a heart.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This is Monday the first day of the week Where are you folks I had the hairdresser come to my house for a Haircut.ud50f012ijj0.jpg
    How does it looks . It was supposed to look like this only white headed

k52nahoyzxgt.jpg
    Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Looks great Marie!!!!!!!!!!!

Me......... I always have bed head...........

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, friends!

Marie...looking snazzy there, kiddo! I love short hair...so easy to maintain.

I am just peeking in as I am headed to the gym this morning and then a hair appointment later on. (I have to go to her. ;))
    Hope y'all have a wonderful day.

Stay strong!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning lovely Ladies.
    I'm holding steady trying to break through to the 180s. It will deserve a picture when it happens!

Happy summer ya'll!!
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2016
    Options
    here is a video of My granddaughter Kelly at her new job on the St. louis radio stations. Well actually she was promoted to it. she been with them the radio stations for 10 years. Will have to go back and get the link I lost it
    Marie

Here it is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsaRaoJbAY4&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;app=desktop
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Marie-Your hair looks cute, it's nice to have the hairdresser, do it at your house for you. The video is funny, and granddaughter looks like she's enjoying herself and new job position.

I am trying to let my hair grow, but it is hot, I normally like mine shorter in the summer. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Marie, Love your new hair cut, really cute.

Sitting with Ben while he gets his treatment.
    This will be the long day 6-8 hours.

Have a great day!!!!

Nancy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    t113013.gifMarie, I like your haircut...how great that you have your hairdresser come to the house.

t113013.gifShirley, are you keeping up with your meditation?

t113013.gifConnie how great that your house sold so fast.

Jake's back surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday. Today he decided to make two huge batches of marinara sauce so there would be plenty in the freezer to last for a long time in case he can't do it again for a long time.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I did not know Jake had back problems Will he be close to home? Keep us informed. please.

I made me a huge batch of Marinara sauce today too and got a good supply in the freezer. you will never guess what I am making tomorrow. Vegan Carrots Hot dogs.
    I also made homemade mustard dressing today too. It was so good.
    i am loving this vegan way of eating. should have found tis WOE long time ago.
    Marie