Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...............

I'm still here. I have been reading but life keeps happening. I have been falling asleep in the recliner chair the last few nights before I could post anything.

So sorry to hear Marie has been slowed down. Prayers to her and her hubby.
    Janice so glad it is more confined than they thought. Prayers are still with you.
    Praying for cooler weather for those of you with the heat. I will gladly share my weather with you. High overcast here for the last week. It usually tries to dribble a little bit each day on us but not enough to do anything except make the yard to damp to mow.

Hoping to mow the jungle tomorrow and then off to shampoo the carpet in one of my rentals. Next week I shampoo the other rental. I had one renter move out of my 3 bdrm house and I have a family if 3 moving from one of my 2 bdrm units into the 3 bdrm. And it is right across the street from the high school where both kids attend. Very convenient for them.

Well off to bed. I'm expecting the hubby to call me early again. He is up in Cordova getting his new fishing boat. He is buying it from his cousins hubby who is retiring from fishing. They are bringing the boat home hopefully by Monday. He is going to let me know when they are getting ready to leave. I just pray for good weather as they are crossing the gulf of Alaska in a 36 foot boat.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

Shirley...thanks for the updates. I went to the group Senior Golden Sneakers...and, yes, Marie looks fabulous! I'm so glad that her daughter, Alice, is posting. Also...as my mother would say....the baby will do-fill in the blank-whenever he/she is ready and not a minute before.

Not much planned for me today..just trying to stay focused on eating well and moving.

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

sorry to be MIA, just busy with the kids but still trying to log.

janice, so happy to hear you have a plan and everything sounds optimistic:) you are going to be great!

connie, hope you are hanging in there! maybe time to mix it up again? i had upped my fat for a while and cut my carbs but nothing really happened. i added carbs back this eek and lowered fat and feel like i am slowly making progress:)

marie, wishing you the best and hope for a speedy recovery

ester good to see you, busy as ever!

shirley, trying to keep up with your adventures! it is such a great life you guys lead:)

ruthie, keep on keeping on!! summer is tough for me this year, kids are home which is good and bad! trying to stay on course.

i went to doc last week and my thyroid looks ok so i need to tighten up my logging and maybe be ok with the 140's:( i measured in at 5'5.5 looks like i lost 1/2 an inch which is too bad! doc said i should cut calories to 1100-1200 a day which is so contradictory to what people say in particular groups on this site. who knows what to believe. i am ok with slow progress....but there needs to be some progress.

have a great day and thinking about everyone!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    6py7u3kwps7v.jpeg
    Hey look at me...I'm peddling to health!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Yay Marie!!! Good for you, girl!!❤️
    So glad you are on the road to recovery!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - Thanks for sharing the picture of Marie, I am not good at doing that. She looks really good and seems to be getting better with rehab.

Stephanie - I have to agree with you on what people say about eating more to weigh less. I eat more and
    I only gain. Now we, my husband and I, are trying to cut down our portions and he says we eat too much compared to other folks our age. So I have been trying to do that but with all the vacations we are doing it has been difficult but I will keep at it.

Janice - Keep us posted on your doctor visit.

I had a another Yoga class this morning and I was there at the right time. Just me and another woman so we had some special attention. After that I went for my coffee and then headed back to the cottage.
    It is very windy today and we will try some fishing later.

Dave and Tom tried taking down the outhouse, but there were two nests of bees and Dave got stung
    by one of them. So there next plan is to wait until tonight and the bees go dormant and then spray and kill them and try another day.

Shirley

• lovesretirement
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Shirley...I did not post the pic. I sent Alice a message and asked her to post one.
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks all. Not up to writing But thanks for a.l our posting. Love you all.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I went to radiologist and had a short class about radiation with a nurse. Then I had a CT scan and they marked where I need to have the radiation beam centered. I go tomorrow for my chemo class. I start radiation on the 26th and on the 27 radiation then my first chemo. After getting my markings it seems more real, not that it wasn't before. I get my pic for chemo on the Saturday the 23rd. So it is slowly about to start, like pulling teeth. I was hoping that it would start this Monday. Oh well it will be here soon enough. I wanted to keep you in the loop. Gotta go. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie...so glad you are on the mend!

Janice...continued thoughts and prayers. I know you are wishing you could just get it over with and be done.

Gym for me this morning.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello...waiting on my lunch! Been to the gym today already. Miss talking to you all...
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Hi, Marie!!

What are they feeding you?

So glad you are up and about now. We missed you!

<3 Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie, glad you are doing better we miss here too!! Your lovely daughter Alice is keeping everyone posted. You are so lucky to have her take care of you.

It's a rainy day here at the cottage. Dave and I went into the city to get some food for tomorrow we are having some of my MIL's friends over for another birthday party, the friends who couldn't come to the first one. I hope to get my 10,000 steps in later today once the rain stops.

Janice - Good luck on your next journey to better health.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Marie, I really miss seeing you!!! Hope things are going better for you. I bet you are missing your tatters!!! Hurry back....❤️

Janice, I know you are ready to get this ordeal behind you. So glad you got good news.

To everyone else hope you are doing well!!!

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have went to 2 different classes the past 2 days, the things I feel that may happen is nausea and diareaha. Hoping it ain't that bad. They are concern with kidney problems and bladder. I wish I could have had a hysterectomy. All this seems way more scary, not even including the radiation implants where they put you under and you have to stay in the hospital a couple of days twice.
    Marie-Glad your up and about feeling better.
    Gotta run. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I keep hoping things will settle down...........no chance at that.......... I had a renter move out on Wednesday and another renter lined up to move in today so I spent yesterday steam mopping the bedrooms and bathrooms and shampooing the carpets in the living room, den, and hallway. Today I mowed the jungle and Iris had a soccer game. Tomorrow I go sell concessions for the baseball tournament and then Iris has another soccer game. We are going to go out and visit some friends who will be camping. Iris will spent the night with them. Then she will be going to a church camp next week. The week after that she will have Girl Scout camp. Shaundra will be having dance classes starting next week too. I don't know how I keep up with all of this. Just reading it makes me tired. I can't wait to get my new knee. I'm so tired of the pain and limitations. Not that I listen to eithe Ron of them until I'm really hurting but life just doesn't slow down for me.

Esther
  • Shirley61
    Options
    A beautiful day at the cottage after all the rain yesterday. I went for my token walk this morning but my Fitbit battery was dead when I came back and checked. Oh well.

Janice - <3

Marie - <3

Party today with my MIL's friends, lasagna, garlic bread, tossed salad and appetizers of shrimp is the menu and ice cream and cake of course.

The outhouse is down but we found another nest this morning under the front deck which Dave has to deal with.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What a crazyday. They are still try into fine. Out what is hurting chest. Now I tak a big antic botibic pink pill. Sp far non luck. Will be going to bingo tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    6enqttppde5v.jpeg
    Dinner time!

Marie's daughter posted this picture on Senior Golden Sneakers....it looks like she is getting good food along with physical therapy and good medical care
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    What a crazyday. They are still try into fine. Out what is hurting chest. Now I tak a big antic botibic pink pill. Sp far non luck. Will be going to bingo tomorrow.

Keeping you in prayer, Marie! Hope things will go better today. Keep us posted.

Connie