Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-I hope they find out what is hurting your chest soon and make it stop. You look good in the picture your daughter posted and it looks like they are feeding you lots of fruits and vegetables. Get well soon, we are all praying for you. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

It's so quiet in here...what are you guys up to? Vaycay time?
    I'll check back later.

Marie...hope you're doing well.

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm here, Connie. Just frustrated with the scale. Bumming me out!!

It's hot here this week (really since May) and as much as I love summer, I wouldn't mind some 80s.

Hope everyone else is doing well and keeping at it.

IF NOT NOW, When? (Yelling at myself and the scale:-()
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    I'm here, Connie. Just frustrated with the scale. Bumming me out!!

It's hot here this week (really since May) and as much as I love summer, I wouldn't mind some 80s.

Hope everyone else is doing well and keeping at it.

IF NOT NOW, When? (Yelling at myself and the scale:-()
    Ruthie

Your pain is mine, too! We must stay focused on plan. Change is happening but is not evident on the scale because it is a liar! We've come too far to throw in the towel. We must forge ahead...I think about eating something decadent every day but I know it's only my desire to self medicate myself with food.

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk, Connue. I'm right there with you...the scale disappoints me and then I have a strong desire to head to the kitchen. This group and your support keeps me from throwing in that towel!

I wonder why some of us turn to food but others don't? Have you read anything about that? I'd be interested to know.

Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    <3<3 Love to al
    Marie <3
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    <3<3 Love to al
    Marie <3

Right back at ya, Marie!
  • lovesretirement
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @JLoRuthie...for me, food has always been soothing and it may stem from childhood...offered food in times of stress, or the fact that my mother was always on a diet of some sort even though she was never "obese"...I was a fat child and have been on every diet known to man. Food has always been my "go-to" to get me through the issue of the moment or the end of the school day stress. When I smoked, dieting was easier...smoke rather than eat...hand to mouth mentality.

I'm not sure about others, but have read that eating for many is an emotional act...I fit that description. So my frustration with the scale is emotional, and I want to eat to soothe the frustration. I almost broke down yesterday to the call of an Oreo Blast from Sonic...but I didn't answer it...just drank a Diet Coke and told myself maybe tomorrow. When I have the treat from Sonic, I want it to be planned, not on a whim. Like Barbie says...never give up what you want most for something you want in a moment....or something like that.

Coming here keeps me focused, too, Ruthie.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

***Connie and Ruthie, I am right there with you. Every thing you said applies to the way I feel. I am so tired of not being happy with my appearance. All of my big clothes are tight and I refuse to go to the next size up!!!! I keep trying and hoping things will turn around. I need Devine help and am asking for that!!! I have cut my carbs and hope to see something soon.
    I am hanging in and appreciate you so much. <3

Marie, Miss you so much!!! Get well soon we need you. <3<3<3

With Ben getting treatment.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Connie - you are so strong, but when you are a sugar addict like myself, I have a hard time resisting
    although I have been trying this summer, but when i do indulge it just opens the door for more sugar.
    It is a viscious cycle with me.

I was pretty good this passed week at the cottage with resisting snacks and sugar until of course
    the birthday party when i had cake and ice cream and more cake the next day. Now back to normal eating again and exercise and hope to take off a couple of pounds before we go away again later this month. It has been a hard summer as it is most summers with boating, but this summer added pressure to try and eat well. Enough whining!!

Marie looks great, I didn't know about the pain in her chest I hope they find out what is going on soon.

Today for me is finishing up laundry, just watered all the plants and weeded. Now going to clean the kitchen and bathroom.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I think I am an emotional eater too, but the past couple of years, while on mfp, I have really fought against it and succeeded. But over the past couple months I have done it with the stress of my female problems. I am weighing 188, so I am up from my lowest, since losing on this site, a good ten pounds. Some of the pounds showed up after I got my scale and the rest since April. I am sure I will get that and more back off, I am not going to gain my weight back, that I worked so hard on, to all come back.

Marie-I hope you are recuperating, we miss you, and get to come home soon.
    My oldest sister fell yesterday and broke the ball socket in her shoulder, she is in the hospital, they said she is not a good candidate for surgery, so they are talking about her going into rehab for her shoulder. The nursing home my other sister is at, does therapy, so she is going to try to go there too. My other sister is stressing out over everything, she normally is the calmer one, she is the one that took me to my pep scan and went with me for my results. She is suppose to take me to my chemo, but I think I am going to tell my husband to take me. He might be able to work 4 ten hours days, it's just bad timing, the job he is working on needs to be done by the 23rd and it's not going to be. I am not going to worry about it, I will drive myself if need be or get one of my children to take me. Sorry so long.

Hang in there Connie and Ruthie, you are both doing great.
    I know it's a busy time of year for everyone, I hope you all are doing good. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    It took me so long to type mine, two other people posted. Shirley and Nancy sounds like everyone is struggling with their weight, including me. We all have alot going on and sometimes, that is a big factor. We all will get there, Atleast we are still trying, I have continued to log even though I'm up just think if I wasn't logging, that would be dangerous. Gotta run. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    G
    Ood morning friends earing my oatmeal. For breakfast. Thy are waiing formein gym altready.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie - we miss you here but knowing you are getting better and in good hands.

Janice - I guess having family members and friends on hand for chemo is important. I hope you get someone who can you like your husband.

I have been trying to get on track this week and so far so good and getting back to my yoga classes
    again. We will have another sailing cruise coming up at the end of this month.

Dave and I went for a bike ride this morning before it got too hot. It's going to get to 91F and no rain in sight. We were supposed to get rain on Sunday but now they have backed off. My oldest daughter and her boyfriend are coming for the weekend and a sailing trip on our boat.

Today is a dentist apt and getting my bangs trimmed.

Stay cool everyone. B)

Shirley

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, yesterday was crazy they said medicare wouldn't cover my sisters shoulder after almost 3 days, they were going to discharged her to me, I was up there taking her insulin, it came out of nowhere. They said she has to stay with someone and I was the only one there, even after I told them I start treatment next week, luckily my other sister called my niece and she took her mom home with her, that has always been the plan with her. My husband is going with me to my first chemo, before I told him, I would be okay with my other sister, but after the lastest deal, I chose to have him take me, for the first one, I get him to take me to all of them. He is now been working 6 days a week Summer is crunch time. My sister is doing okay at her daughters, hopefully she can go back to her home soon.Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Janice...what a stressful day! Glad it worked itself out so that you can concentrate on you.

Marie...I know you are getting stronger day by day.

Shirley...getting back on track is moving forward!

This is gym day for me...training and the pool exercise. It's going to be another hot one here.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Jeez Janice, that sounds like a very stressful day. I'm glad it got worked out before the end of the day.

Marie, hope you are recovering well.

Nancy, Shirley, Connie - good morning!

In addition to my regular exercise yesterday, my little guy wanted to go bike riding looking for Pokeman Go items. It was fun and additional exercise for me!

Another hot one today.

Stay strong!!

Ruthie

• Shirley61
    Options
    Hot here today too and our lawn is like hay and flowers are stressed but we keep watering.

Janice - You had quite a day, I hope things settle down so you can concentrate on yourself and hope
    no more hiccups for you.

Tonight my daughter Kristina and her boyfriend John are coming for the weekend. We hope to take them sailing on Sunday.

Have a good weekend!

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi to all,

Geezeeee. 98 in my town!!!! It is so hot and humid!!!! Makes for very uncomfortable days if you have to get outside.

Janice, Bless your heart!!! You have had enough frustration in your life lately!!! Hoping your treatments will be without
    side effects!!!!

Marie, Miss you so much and hope you will be back with us soon.

Connie, Ruthie, and Shirley hope things are going well for you.

Have a cool weekend,

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nancy i missed u ll too. I will be do,jlad to get hpme to my big computer so i can see what i yupe

I have sept tjhe day sleeping away
    Olfve roall.