Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I have been getting up early lately. Feeling good I walked over 11, 000 miles yesterday. I go radiation, that Dt. and my primary care doctor today. I have to see the primary because my sodium levels are dangerously low, 122. They dont want them under 135. They were 124 before chemo last week and even lower this week before chemo. They take labs everytime to check your levels on several things. I have been reading up on it and trying some of the recommendations. Yesterday I didnt take my dieritic and so far today either. But I plan on telling him and if he wants me to take one, I will. I have been trying to drink less, because the more you pee, tte kore salt you lose and that was one suggested. But I do have to make sure I drink enough for radiation and not harming my kidneys. Anyway I'm sure he will come up with a plan, chemo and steroids do reduce your sodium.

I hope everyone is doing good. Iknow its a busy time forthose of you with children, and getting them ready for school. My grandson has orientation tonight and starts on the 10th. I was weighed at chemo Tuesday and it was 189.4, which was lower than last week , and today on mine before b.m was that. The scale that was so high last week was the one I see for radiation today, but it should lower too. I'm glad since I found that out about gaining too much can lead too another pep scan and new plan and they are not cheap. I did get my hair cut shorter, for my convenience and showering with a bandage arm, its not real short, just not as long as it was, which is fine I normally have a short haircut for summer. I have 3 sisters who are alittle annal about haircuts, so probably thats why I am just the opposite, I know I have had more different styles than any of them. But thats okay its their hair, not my business, its they hate for me to get my hair cut, I always hear, oh I love your hair longer and this and that, thats why I didnt mention the thought of a haircut to them, before I did it. Its cute. Well have a great day everyone. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @janiceclark08...that's a lot of steps, Janice! I rarely get that many unless I am really busy. Glad you are feeling well and keeping an eye on sodium levels...electrolytes are so important especially for your heart. I agree that the directic would contribute to flushing the sodium out of your body so you are smart to ask the doc about it. Smart move on the haircut, too...you have to do what makes it easy for you. Hope you have a great day, too.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hello Mistfits/ Well another hot day here in Texas. But the A/C is goning and quite comfortable If it was not for the sore on my heal where they left me in one position too long I would be in better shape. to walk.You would think in the Rehab that would have been they concerns IT is taking a long time to heal.And is still hurting me.

Dear Janice so sorry you are having to go thru oll of this But sounds like you are doing great.

Hi Connie, Nancy Stept. Shirley, and Ruthie I miss all of you very much. So how id all of our weights coming along/ the last time I weight I has lot 3 pounds But ave not weigh recently/
    See you guys later, It is great to be home . I was gone the whole month of July

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - So happy that you can be home again. Keep an eye on the sore on your foot and see medical if its
    gets worse.

Janice - You seem to be doing really well with your treatments so far. I hope you continue on that road.

We got home yesterday from boating. It took us 5 hours to get home and we are really tired today. We slept
    in this morning. We were so tired after docking I forgot some of the food that had to be taken home. Dave
    has left to do some grocery shopping and throw out the leftover food on the boat. I am doing laundry and catching up. I will be watering my neighbor's flowers and garden this week while they are away.

We will be home for 3 weeks this time before taking my MIL up to the cottage for one last time. We have
    one more sailing cruise on Labor Day and then I am home for the long distance. That is okay by me.

My daughter and grandson are coming tomorrow to go to Safari Niagara (zoo) and then back to the house.
    Fraser my SIL will be joing us later.

I will go to a retorative yoga class tonight, it will feel good to back at it.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @CALIECAT...Sooooo glad you are back home safe and sound with Jerry! I hope you will heal quickly. We have missed you so much!

My weight finally decided to drop 2oz this morning for a new low of 198.4 and I am hoping that it will continue to drop so I can get well past the red zone of 200.

Welcome back!! <3
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Marie, I am so happy to see you back home. You have been missed so much. I will be so glad when you feel good again and get your heel back to normal. ❤️❤️❤️

Janice, Hope you can get your sodium stable and get your treatments completed. You seem to have plenty energy to keep you going m.

Connie, Congrats on your loss. I know you must have more pep in your steps since being in onederland. Bet you feel blessed that you are not starting another school year!!!

Shirley, Sounds like you have had an enjoyable trip. Maybe you can stay cool since you are home.

Esther, Ruthie and Step hope you are doing well!!!

I am happy that my BPPV (vertigo) is much better. This was my 4th episode and was much worse than the others.
    We are going to be cruising in early September and can hardly wait. Ben is so worn out with all of his treatments so we decided to take a break and a cruise is about the only way to really get away!!!

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good morning,
    Marie-I am so happy your home and doing better. Sorry you came home with a bed sore, I hope it heals quickly. Are you getting adjusted to being home, after being gone for a month? I know Jerry is happy, to have you back at his side. As for me, my treatments are going well, I am not getting sick, with nausea. After radiation today, I will have 16 more radiation, and 4 more chemos, then the implant treatnents. I am so happy your home. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Glad to hear you reached your new low of 198, now that it's moving I'm sure it will continue. As for my weight yesterday it was down 6 pounds from last Thursday at the Drs where my weight was crazy. I knew it would be because earlier at my primary Dr. yesterday it was 189. So I don't know why that first week I ballooned up from the steroids, other than I had more because of the hives, when putting my pic in. As far as my sodium, the dr. has taken me off my diuretic and told me to drink less and put alittle more salt on food, normally I am told from him to avoid salt, because of my high blood pressure. But right now it's like walking a tight rope the sodium way too low. Today I will find out my results from yesterday sodium test and he may have more reccommendations. I lost my first post this morning, so I decided to do it in a few post. Have a great weekend. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Nancy-I am glad your vertigo is gone, I hope you are getting back to the way you normally feel. What a great ideal of taking a cruise and getting away, that will be nice. Where are you going on it? I am the only one who has never been on a cruise in my family, but I was always happy going on vacation to the beach and staying on land, so I didn't really care if I went on a cruise. Now I would like to maybe go on 1, just to see that side of vacation. At this point, I would be happy just taking any vacation, summer is such a busy time for my husband and normally , we had all the dogs, and now that we're down to one, I could get someone in my family to keep him, or board him . Donna, my sis, has 2 friends that could, ones a vet and the other grooms, both are set up for boarding. He would be happy seeing the other dogs. Maybe late fall after all my treatments , a weekend trip to Gatlinburg mountains, that about 4 hours away. Again so glad your back on your feet.. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Shirley, You have had a very busy summer and I know you have enjoyed it, but sometimes it's nice to just be home after being gone. It's great when you are home, you usually get to see Isaac. For some reason, I didn't think, they lived very close to you. I'm sure your next to adventures will be great, stay safe. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Marie...hope to hear from you soon and hope you are feeling better.

Nancy...glad you are better, too. I wish I could get my hubs to take a cruise. I have been wanting to go.

Janice...It is hard to vacation when we have pets. I hate leaving my dog and the last time we went to the beach, we stayed in a dog friendly hotel. Cooper got sand spurs, the room was awlful, and we all had a horrible time. Next time I will leave him with my daughter.

My exercise is done for the day. My trainer and I discussed changing up the workout so that might help me make some progress. I think accurately logging/measuring and getting more protein this week helped so I will continue with that.

Have a great weekend, y'all! If not now, when?

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I got great news from my primary drs. office earlier, my sodium level was 128 from the blood they drew yesterday.Thats 6 points up since Tuesday test. I am happy to see it go up. I haven't had my diuretic and I cut down on fluids. So it appears that's already working. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Janice, That's great news!!! You've got this my friend. Hope it's smoothe sailing from here to the last treatment.
    Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just checking in quickly

Marie, so happy you are home!

Janice, sounds like everything is going as well as it can! that is excellent news:)

connie, awesome about 198!

Nancy, so glad your vertigo is gone!

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good morning, our little misfit group has been wonderful to me, throughout the past 1 1/2 years. I have a had a lot of major family, animal and health problems and you all have been right here for me. Your support and love has really kept me strong, at times, when I felt down and weak. Thanks for putting your kindness out there, to someone you've never even met. The world's not as cold as it seems lately. There are plenty of caring, good people. Thanks again for everything. I'm doing my best to beat this, and I feel God is here with me very strongly, keeping me on a positive journey and helping me get thru each day, no matter what comes up. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I love this little group, too, Janice.
    I am so glad you stayed with us...your support means a lot to me as well.
    God is good all the time.

<3 Connie
  • Shirley61
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Janice - I agree this group has become very close as cyber friends even though we don't know each other personally but feel we do because we share all our trials and tribulations together. I too thank the group for listening.

I bought the Mayo Clinic diet book and hope to get at it as soon as I still have to read it through and through. My scale just keeps on going up and I am getting very frustrated at myself. My weigh in day will be Monday so I gave myself some time to get a few pounds off again from the boat trip.

Our day yesterday with Isaac was fun, we took the tram through the zoo areas as it was very hot.
    He didn't have his morning nap but he was so good anyway. We bought him a little T-shirt from the
    place and then homeward bound to get him in the pool and then a nap. The animals were huddled in the shade or in their houses but we did see quite a few.

We are babysitting this morning and now he is napping. Kathy picked up Fraser at the Go train and they went for breakfast then they will pick up Isaac and they are heading across the border for another shower to meet a friend's new baby.

Kristina and John are coming tomorrow, John has to activate his Student Visa by crossing the border then coming back so more company tomorrow.

I love seeing the girls since we don't see them often. I watered my neighbor's plants and flowers
    today as we did not get the rain they promised last night.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Here is a picture of Isaac and grandma after our day at the zoo.

qqbtofkid916.jpg

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Great picture. He is so cute.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm doing well as can be expected after yesterday. We had a blueberry art festival yesterday. Iris also had a soccer game and I had to coach. The girls and I walked around looking at al the art booth at the festival before eating lunch down there. Then iris and I went to her game. After her game I went back and helped Shaundra and her friends tear down the paintball booth she was helping work at. I ended up with 6 miles on my feet yesterday. As well as a sunburn. Or as I call it an overdose of vitamin D. The up side is one more week of soccer then no more coaching. Thankfully. It is a bit much for me. I usually put in about 2 miles of pacing the sideline when coaching. The only benefit is it is softer than pavement. We are having a hot streak here. We are on day 3 of 75+ heat here. For us that is hot. But doing ok despite the heat. Starting to get excited about my new kneeing down to 3 weeks!!!!!!!!

Esther