Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends:-)

It's been a good and busy start to the new school year. Soccer is in full swing, baseball started yesterday. I like to keep my boys busy combined with down time for all of us.

Went for a long walk this morning and came home completely drenched. It's definitely not a dry heat. Jumped in the neighborhood pool to cool off before the kids' guitar lessons they have every Sunday. We have someone come to the house for lessons so that is nice. I have a massage scheduled for later today and I'm really looking forward to that! I just completed a 90 day exercise program (online/at home) and I'm very sore/tight.

We've been watching lots of Olympics.

Janice...continued prayers.
    Connie...I have experience living with a negative person, too. It gets old!
    Nancy...cruise countdown
    Marie...glad you are recovering and getting back to your routines
    Shirley, Esther, Steph....hi!

Stay Strong!!
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    hi all misfits. You know I don't we are misfits any more.I think we are a fine group of ladies Who continue to support each other in our triumph and our failures. And our care given. Bless you all.

Janice we are all pulling for you.If it was not for this bed sore i got on my heel while in Reab I would be in excellent health now.it is still real real tender.The nurse evaluerate me Friday and putting in for at least another two weeks of nursing care. really hope by then this darn heel is well.
    I am eating meat now to get more protein to help in the healing process. Don't really care for it but doctors orders.I do have to walk on my left toes for now.
    Love to all
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Marie. Glad you are in the mend. I am having a total knee replacement. I leave in 10 days and surgery in 15!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Janice. Keep up the positivity. It will help in the long run.

Ruthie. Hi. Been a while. Glad you are still here.

Everyone else. Hi and glad everyone is surviving the summer. We have had great weather here. Almost 80 a couple days but that's it. Although where I am headed in Seattle and the Washington coast it is supposed to be up around 90. I'm going to be in TROUBLE if that happens. I get heat sick really easy. But hopefully it will start cooling down in the next few days. Take care everyone.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I had the best night last night thar i have had in a longtime.. Sill up early but i have that quite often. Yesterday was almost pain free, At least a lot better. Hope today is for i have a nurse and a physival thearpy re coming today. alice will be out too after w a weekend offf from her

days to g to go will having this surgery will it make both llegs the same lenght.? We will be praying for you my dear.

Marie <3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    <3
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone!

Marie...you are up early! I am so relieved that you are feeling better. Maybe you can substitute some of the meat with a low sugar protein shake.

Ruthie...still hot here, too...humidity is suffocating. Can't wait until I can sit on the porch more often.

Nancy...bet you are busy getting ready for the big cruise. Is this your first?

Janice...thoughts/prayers are with you this week as you continue your treatments.

Steph...know you are busy with kids/school. Hang in.

Esther...good luck!

I enjoyed the movie and popcorn yesterday! I had not been to the movie in several months. Strange as it may seem, I am still under 200 despite the carb load from popcorn. Maybe that will help me drop something this week. Not worrying about the scale, though, because my clothes very baggy...and last summer's flip-flops that I am wearing now are very loose. Anyway..gonna run errands today since I'm not feeling like pool exercise.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Today was my dermotologist apt and I had a couple of spots froze, first time for me. I will go back in
    9 months for check up again. Doing laundry today and hubby and I did get a bike in today but it was
    very humid.

Everyone here seems to be doing okay. Esther, good luck on your surgery and keep us posted.

Marie - I hope all is well with your heel soon.

Ruthie - Your are one busy mom with your boys, and we have humidity here too and I am waiting for
    Fall and cooler temperatures.

Connie - Popcorn and a movie my favorite. Good luck on the new baby coming. <3

Janice - My thought are with you today. <3

Stephanie - Another busy mom, post when you can.

Nancy - I guess you are getting ready to cruise. Enjoy!

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Marie, So happy to see you feeling better!!! I know you have had a bad few weeks but it's turn around time.

We have had a little reprieve from the heat and it was greatly received.

Connie, This will be the 9th or 10th cruise for us.
    Alaska was our favorite with the Eastern Caribbean coming in second. We also enjoyed one out of New York that went to Nova Scotia with stops in Bar Harbor, Maine and can't remember the other ports.

I haven't started to get things ready for the cruise as we have several appointments and other things to get done before I can think about getting ready to travel.

Good to see you Ruthie.

Esther, Hope things go great for you.

Janice, Hope things are going well for you today. You can start checking off the treatments.
    Hopefully they will click off fast.

Shirley, You need a rest!!! You are going all the time.

Nancy

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

Shirley...how's South Beach going?

Nancy...you are an experienced cruiser!

Marie...where are you this morning?

It's gym day for me. Traffics will be heavy as school is back in session. I am so blessed to be retired.

If not now, when?

Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Esther, I just finished reading a book in which the main character had both knees replaced at the same time (also in Seattle). He was older than you, but he didn't have children at home. He followed the instructions he got from the doctor and the physical therapist and had a great recovery. I wish the same for you.

<3 Barbie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

It's Ben's treatment day so I will be sitting with him, watching the Olympics and playing on my iPhone.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nancy - How many treatments are left for your hubby? You sure have been cruising alot you are an experienced traveller. Yes...I do need some regular routine days and not going all the time like this summer. It keeps me moving but I do get tired sometimes.

Connie - I started great guns on South Beach and then I get side tracked of what food I have in the fridge and I start changing up the menus. I still stay on track with lots veges and little carbs I did lose 1.8 pounds the first week but now I am off menu. I am trying to eat up food this week before we go away again on Monday. Back to the cottage for a week and then planning menus for up there. This time I will be logging my food when I am away to stay on track.

Marie - I hope you are healing and better days to come.

I had my eye doctor apt. today and he is keeping any eye (lol) on my pressures since my mom had glacouma. Everything looked good, same prescription but I will have to come back for a field vision test in September since my last one was 3 years ago.

We skyped with Isaac in the bath tub today, Kathy says this way I can keep him in one place for the computer since he walking every where now. He was showing off for us, and we loved it. ;)

Well have to go and take down laundry. We have been having rain today and the sun is out right now,
    good time to get my walk in.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Been to the foot doctor today. Had to find a new one my other one one died ? I like this one real well.
    Gotmy tpil nails trim oh feel so good I was hoping that he would be prompt on his appoinment. But no such luck . Had to wait an hour. Oh well that is life. Now a days.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    Nancy-How many more chemo's till Bens done with them?

I went to radiation and then we stopped at Starbucks and got an egg croisant sandwich, it stayed really hot during eating it, sitting in car and then driving to chemo. My BP was 148/84 and my weight was 184.4, even after the big sandwich, again I couldn't eat supper last night. When they took my temp, it was 100.4, the number they watch out for. We said someone about sandwich it was taken under my tongue. She said she would take again and she se n t my labs off to the hospital next door, they come back fast normally. I had taken a drink of water and then it was 99.3, she said don't drink anything and then she took a few minutes later and it was 98.3, she was glad, me too. When the results came in my platelets had raised to 128, 29 up, Howe er my white blood cells plummeted, last week 8.1 this with 3.3, so we had to wait on amother test result that deals with w c and it needed to be over 1.5 and it was 2.5, so I got to get my chemo today, thank god. However tonight I have developed a fever of 99.9, I did take 2 -80 mgs of aspirin and I am resting on the couch, with a cool wet washcloth on my forehead and rotating to my neck. Tomorrow I see radiologist and he is going to examine me, he will see my temperature, if I have one. The worry is a blood infection, or something else since, I acceptable to infection . I am getting scared about the fever, I only have 2 more chemo's and 8 radiation, I had to go to far down and end up in the hospital. But I will do what they need me to do, gotta go feeling bad. The bad thing I had a pretty good day with my sister.Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So glad to hear from you Janice I was beeginining to worry about you.
    My low sodium diet is coming along pretty ood. Not as hard as I thought it would be. Just leave the salt out of everything.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, friends!

Janice...good to hear from you and hope that fever goes away! You are hanging tough.

Marie..glad you are keeping sodium down...no canned unless salt free and no processed food. It's hard cause there is salt in everything these days!

I went to my new doctor Wednesday and all went well. Had my physical, Pap smear, blood drawn and a bone density scan. So far so good and unless I get sick or my labs show something, I will see her in a year. I see my cardiologist every 6 months and he manages my blood pressure meds so I don't need to see her as often. My weight is holding steady, and although I really want to whine about it, I won't. :s

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good news on my weight this ,morning 4 lbs for a trtal tjis week down to 170.4 this morning very happy

Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wanted to tell you all, I am in the hospital. My fever got up to 102.5 and when I arrived at hospital e.r. it was 102.9. My dr on call told me to go,and she called them and gave them instructions on me and getting me in a room quickly and a face mask. They gave me fluids and antibiotics thru my pic. After chemo yesterday my platelets came down alot to 77 and my wbc count was at 2.1 and my salt level dropped more. They are keeping till tomorrow sometimes most likely unless the culture they took came back bad, and we won't know about them till tomortow. I still get to go to radiation because this hospital connects with that building. They have my fever under control it's now at 98.6. Hopefully tonight it don't rise again. I just finished another bag of antibiotics. Atleast I am in the place I need to be right now. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Janice, Hope you are doing better today. You don't have too many treatments left so hopefully you will feel better soon.

Ben's Oncologist is taking the least invasive treatment for his Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma at this point which is Immune Globulin monthly and Rituxan every 12 weeks. There is no cure for his disease and at some point will probably have to take more aggressive treatment. The current regime will be for 2 years unless his counts warrant a change. His platelets are 85 which is a concern.

Marie, Sounds like you are doing well. So happy that you have started to fell better.

Sounds like this is the week for Doctor appointments. I had my eye exam yesterday and today have my yearly GYN appointment.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Janice so sorry anther hopiyal
    stay. Hope its not to long.be thinking of you love ,Marie
    Sorry folks sorry about my typing. I am on my ipad and its has a mind of it own
    Wont let m e go back to my mispelled words to correct nything

Marie.