Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, today when I was examined by the radiologist, he said that everything is working, and my cervix is looking nornal, he feels I am going to be cancer free, I couldn't help but tear up when he said this. Also, I do not get the sleeve put in on Monday, I have to go to hospital for some test before my implants, that will start Sept8. Another thing, he also said since my last radiation is Monday and Wednesday is the 6th, last chemo, and it is suppose to work in conjunction with radiation I don't need to have it, he told me to call them and tell them my radiation ends Monday. I did and I am still waiting for an answer. I was told originally it was 5 only, so I really don't know why the 6th came into play, but I was just planning on doing it. We'll see. So lots of good news today. God is good. 2 radiations left and if I don't get that last chemo, after Monday I will have several days free before the surgery on the 8th, even if I do have chemo, I will still have several free days to recoup. Gotta go. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, friends!

Janice...SO happy about your great news! Yes, God is good and has given you the strength to endure this trial! You are a trooper! :)

Shirley...the cottage sounds so refreshing! When do you return home?

Marie...how was the doc's appointment?

Nancy..hope the weather holds so you can do your trip.

Gym day for me and I am happy to report .6 down this morning. I guess this makes up for the months I had no loss. I think the intermittent fasting pushed me through the stall. Have been reading a good book...The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung and pulled out my old copy of The Fast Diet by Dr. Michael Mosley. Both had some great info.

Make it a great day!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    it went Ok Connie She gave me some excise to pump the blood back up to my heart. of course my weight was up/ which I knew. I have another problems now I have developed a callus on my foot close to my toes above the sore spot We go to the Foot doctor Tues. Will see what he can do for me.It is really painful to walk on. along with my sore. Seems there is no end to pain.Soon it will be 2 months. since

Buy the way girls I want to cook some decent rice that is nice and fluffy and not gummie Anybody know how,
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i found a brown rice recipe and it turn out great/ Pore some pinto beans and and some homemade tomatoes sauce over it and that I had in the freezer Lovely lunch.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-So sorry you having these horrible foot issues, I sure hope the doctor can help Tuesday. I don't cook rice very good either last time I made brown rice, it was chewy. My husband cooks it alot better than me. Luckily not a huge rice fan, I do like Chinese fried rice the best. Pinto beans sound good, I have been wanting some beans, but have been leary of gas on my stomach.
    I did get good news today, I don't have to do the 6th chemo, I do still have my Drs. app with her Wednesday, but alot better than chemo for 6 hours.

Connie-I am so happy I am about on the last phase of my treatment, I have really tried to be positive and believe this was the right treatment for me.
    Have a great weekend everyone. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good news Janice.So glad
  • CALIECAT
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Janice I am not a huge rice eater either. very few times I have made it. But do like Spanish rice.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning friends,

Way to go Janice! So happy you are nearing the end and doing well. And Marie, hoping the same for you and your foot.
    Connie!!!!!! Way to go
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Well, lost my long post urg!
    Continuing from above...Esther must be on her way to a new life.

Steph...busy with your kids like me???
    Shirley, Nancy hi!!

We had a good week. We hiked Amicalola Falls and waded in the creek. Also spent a lot of time at soccer and baseball.

I have a baseball story about me I'll post separatley >:)

I've been stuck within the same few lbs and need to break through. I'll be reading about fasting at the ball field today.

Cheers to a great weekend!
    Ruthie
  • JLoRuthie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ok my baseball story..,

Quick backstory...
    My youngest is playing baseball first time
    His coach emails daily asking/inviting parents to help out at practice
    I played softball my entire youth traveling all over the country and playing in high school.
    At practice this week, I decided I'd offer my assistance since I'd be sitting there for an hour and a half anyway might as well be active.

Before practice began, I spoke with the coach and told him that I could help with practice, I have lots of baseball experience and love the game...,

He seemed excited about my offer, took me to the side and asked:
    "can you blow this air horn every twenty minutes so the boys/coaches know it's time to change stations?" Ugh what???

I said sure I could but man was I completely insulted.

Thankfully, the assistant coach heard the exchange and snapped me up to help him at third base with drills not air horn blowing.

It's been a long time since something so demeaning has happened to me.

The assistant coach has since emailed everyone on the team a long thank you note for helping at practice and how beneficial it is for the team. He obviously felt my pain:-(

That's my story. Makes me sad that some still have such views.

Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

Ruthie...so glad to hear from you and yes, such a shame about how women and baseball (other sports as well) are still viewed by some men. BTW..how old is this coach?

Janice...hope you are doing well today.

Marie...hope your heal is better.

The humidity is back! :# I am not doing too much today...but will plan and log my food for most of the week. I have jury duty so my schedule will be skewed.

Have a great weekend, guys!
    Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Connie...the coach is 45ish?

What is your intermittent fasting plan? Hours on hours off? I'm reading about it now but curious what's working for you. Thank you!!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Connie...the coach is 45ish?

What is your intermittent fasting plan? Hours on hours off? I'm reading about it now but curious what's working for you. Thank you!!

I started with 16:8 with no real change. I stopped eating around 4 ish in the afternoon and broke the fast around 8ish the next morning. When I added 5:2 last week, that made the difference. On the fast day, I had one meal of 500 cals at 4ish so in essence, it was a 24 hour fast that day. My cals on regular days are the same. I also exercised normally with no issues.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon. I had a rough night with my foot.But better now.The doctor took me off of my pain pills the other day
    have a wonderful day

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Any bodies heard from Esther yet?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my night went better last nite At least I got some sleep My nurse said I probable have another month of this pain.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning. Everything going great this morning for me. H we akk have a great day..
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALlECAT...glad you are feeling better this morning, Marie! I hope you will feel even better tomorrow!❤️

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

Not a good day for me, we are still at the cottage and I am having an IBS episode today with pain and numerous bathroom issues. I know too much information, but I realize that nuts: mixed nuts and peanuts I can't tolerate anymore. So one thing off my food list, we were supposed to go for dinnner at friends but I had to pass so watching TV and resting. We go home tomorrow so I hope I am feeling better because its a 5 hour trip. We will stop to see Isaac on the way unless things get worse. I hope not.

Wi Fi still spotty glad to get home and back to real Wi Fi.

Janice - You are on the home stretch, I hope all is well.

Connie -Good luck with jury duty.

Ruthie- Sorry about your baseball experience, his loss.

Marie - You are probably healing so slow due to your diabetes, hang in there and hopefully things
    improve.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie I like your new photo. especially that slimmer face/