Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi guys. Sorry I have been unable to post the last few days. I left home on the ferry Wednesday afternoon and had no cell service until Friday morning. My aunt and uncle were waiting to get me off the ferry on Friday. We drove down to Ballard to drop off a boat stove that needs some restoration work then went to the doc for my pre-op. After that I had a joint seminar to attend so we didn't leave Seattle until after 2:30. Bat time to be leaving Seattle on a Friday. Finally got to my aunt and uncles house about 8pm and had to help my aunt make a couple wedding cake layers and some raspberry compote. That was delicious. Then on Saturday I was up and going by 5 am making some little candies in a candy mold for a wedding reception for my cousin. They were married in June in Oregon and there were a bunch of older people from the grooms hometown that couldn't come so they had a reception in his hometown. Then this morning I was going to go into Olympia with my aunt and a friend to do a ton of shopping before I can't Andean lunch with a friend of mine. My friend was to excited to wait for lunch so he drove the hour to Aberdeen at 7 this morning and we had breakfast. After that it was a great morning so we found a park to walk around in for a little while before I had to go pick up my aunts friend to go shopping with. My aunt was really tired and sore from the other stuff to want to go. Now I'm having troubles sleeping. I'm way to excited to have my knee done. I told my best friend that today is my birthday. She said no it is on the 20th of September. I said it is my bionic birthday. I will keep you all posted on my recovery. And thanks to all of you for the prayers.

Love all you guys,
    Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie...thanks! Been playing around with selfies lately. ;)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Great hearing from you i have been thinking about you and di missed you popping in

Love Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Good afternoon, misfits!

Shirley...hope you are feeling better today.

Soooooo glad to be out of jury duty!!! After several hours of sitting with about 300 other people watching the wheels of justice move excruciatingly slow, one of the questions the judge asks that exempts you from duty is if you have served within the last three calendar years...and your truly fits that category. Once they checked the records that confirmed I had served 18 months ago, I was able to leave. :)
    Not much planned for the rest of the day. Hope you guys have a good one!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Same to you Dear Connie
    I just ad a test run to see if I could get in our SUV/ I did it now ready to go to Walmart. as soon as my nurse make it bye to clean my wound.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Found Esther now where is Janice. Nancy?
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished my last radiation treatment and I am at the surgery center, waiting on my pre surgery testing. After that I have to go to another hospital to get my pic out, the infusion center here was booked up today, I felt it's worth going up the road 15 minutes for my to get out today. I will be so glad to have the pic gone. Now I just have the 5 implants starting Sept8. We'll gotta go for now, Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Have had a busy day. Chiropractor, grocery store and preparing a meal for a Sunday School Class member who has
    had a double mastectomy.

Janice, You have done so well with this segment in your life. Glad you are getting the pic line out.

Esther, Praying you will have a great outcome from your surgery and a speedy recovery!!!

Connie, Great picture, beautiful lady inside and out. You are a great example of determination!!!!

Marie, I think it's time for that heel to heal!!! Enough of that pain!!!

Shirley, Sorry your trip ended with your not feeling well. Hate those episodes.

Hi Ruthie, Steph hope all is well with you.

Oh, looks like the cruise will be ok as the tropical depression is getting out of the gulf.
    Connie, Hope you will not be impacted with all of the storms on the East Coast!!!

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy my nurse said my sore i looking smaller now so that is encouraging. one told me it will take all of September to heal

marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Marie... Glad you were able to go shopping and that your heel is better.

Nancy.. We are keeping a watch on the weather, though, we really need the rain. We are in the center of the state so the impact usually is not as great. Glad my son and DIL no longer live in Charleston!

Janice..the ordeal is almost over and you will be able to get some much needed rest!

Esther...wishing you a speedy recovery!

It's cloudy today and cooler. Cooper and I took a longer walk this morning. I am going to do some shopping today..I need to finish decorating. I have used stuff from the other house, but some just doesn't seem to fit this one. I must admit, I've rather enjoyed empty walls and no clutter. I still plan to keep it minimalistic.

Take care and stay strong!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I went to the foot and diabetic wound care doctor yesterday. Great news the sore is a lot smaller and he was very please with it.he gave me one shoe to wear but it had no cushion and So it made my foot hurt all night long. You are suppose to wear heavy socks. of course I had none to wear.But will surely get some.today.I am waiting on my nurse to come and change my dressing.
    See you later
    marie

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm doing great. Had No pain pills except the one before therapy. And even then no pain so to speak. Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was having fun with a couple friends that came to visit me. I've been up and around a bunch yesterday. They are going to let me go home today B) can't wait. I want the fresh air. This recycled crap is getting to my head and lungs. But overall the docs are amazed at my progress.

Esther the bionic woman
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie and Esther...glad you are both on the mend!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther good for you girl.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Estger-That is great news you are feeling so good and get to leave the hospital. You are bionic.

Marie-Glad the sore is smaller and you are healing. Hopefully it's not to long.

Today I went to the gynocological oncologist, she examined me and said the cervix was looking like a normal cervix and she didn't feel the cancerous tumor. So great news, I don't go back and see her again till November. It's all the radiation Dr. from now on. I did go see my sister today and visited with her for awhile, the one thats been taking me to chemo. I haven't felt like going anywhere, so that was a plus, to go sonewhere besides the Drs. Gotta go, Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Guest what i went to Walmart for the first time
    since July 8 I am rather poop out tho. Gotto go pull these new shoes my feet and propp my feet up/
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I'm free!!!! I escaped!!!!!! Headed home with my aunt and uncle for a couple days. Then off to the ferry to get me all the way home.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wonderful Esther.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

sounds like wonderful progress is being made!

Janice, so happy you have finished your course of treatment with relatively mild side effects. you have handled this so well!

Ester, you are the bionic woman! i really want to be one of charlies angles:)

Marie, glad your sore is heeling and awesome about your trip to walmart!

Connie, great losses! you are unbelievable!

Nancy, Faye and Shirley, hope all is good with you!

Kids have been consuming me. Still working and baking:) i have been making edible cookie dough shots for parties. seem to be really popular.

Still on the bandwagon, progress is slow but seems to be happening! ate a lot today though. really need to keep my calories between 1300-1400.

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I am looking for a new diet plan. i really like the plant food But Right now I need more protein.
    today is the first day of Sept Fall is coming!