Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello, I woke up feeling great then the nurse came by and clean my sore heel and now can,t bear to put my weight on it. I had beans and rice for lunch and a big bowl of fruit salad. Jerry is baking me a big sweet potatoes for dinner. We are planning on a Walmart run in the morning . Hope ,my foot is better by then have a wonderful night

Love Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well. I'm home now. We sailed in at 7 am this morning. I was treated better than the captain's wife on this trip. My room became a checkpoint for the watchmen. Every couple hours they stopped in to check on me. The chief steward made sure I had enough ice for the swelling. And made sure I had food delivered if I needed any. The chief purser made sure I had enough blankets and pillows. My hubby came and checked in on me too every couple hours. The captain even stopped in to see if I was being taken care of properly. My new knee is doing amazing!!!!!! Lots of swelling but no pain. Back to the same old routine tomorrow. No rest for the wicked o:)>:)

Esther
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy Day Ladies!

We had a nice hike yesterday to a pair of water falls in the N. GA mountains. It was in the upper 70s, which was amazing. Today is 90+ in Atlanta :'( and it's expected to stay that way at least through the weekend. I'm over it.

Marie, did you make it to Walmart?

Esther...is that a ferry anybody can buy tickets for?

Connie...you are quiet. Hope you're well.

Janice, Nancy, Steph, Shirley...hi!

I'm holding steady and planning for a loss soon.

Ruthie

• CALIECAT
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes Ruthie we made it to
    Walmart. Had my lunch of
    Pumpkin pie yogurt and a bowl of fruit salad

I am still at 172.5 3 days in a row.

Tonight we are having roasted chicken green beans and new potatoe. With a salad

Have a good day
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

We are back from the weekend of sailing. Our trip over was kind of uncomfortable and the water was very rolling and wavy. My stomach was not good when we arrived even though I took something before we left just in case. The weather at the port we where we were docked was fabulous all weekend.
    We had our pot luck dinner on Saturday night with our members and the theme was "super heroes" so I dressed as Wonder Woman and Dave as Batman. It was fun for all of us and a great party and food.
    We headed back on Monday with a much more pleasant sail.

Now back to taking this summer weight off and getting serious. We can do this!!

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yes Ruthie. It is a ferry that anybody can buy tickets for. Just google the Alaska Marine Highway. There are links for the schedules and the ferries and prices. However I don't like the new price link. I liked the old ones better.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Shirley...glad you made it home okay and had such a fun time!

Marie...glad you are up and moving!

Esther...sounds like you are on the mend!

Ruthie...glad you are holding steady and ready for that loss!

Not much planned for me today other than a pedicure. The humdity has returned and I hope won't stay too long.

Make it a great day!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good morning, times sure flies, summer pretty much over and alittle over 3 1/2 months till the end of the year. Tomorrow is my first radiation implant and next week and the week after there will be 2 each week, the last one being the 23rd. After that as far as I know I should be done and hopefully cancer free.

Marie-Glad you were able to get out and go to Walmart and shop. I hope your heel is doing better and heals soon.

Ruthie-Your family hike sounds nice, it's great keeping your kids a time and not on their phones.

Esther-So happy for you and the knee replacement, you did great recuperating fast.

Shirley-Glad you had a good time on your last boating event, you were certainly busy all spring and sumner. You might needs dome down time relaxing.

Connie-I'm we it you, sick of the humidity, we had a few days without it and it spoiled me. I am ready for some cooler temps, and to be able to open my windows for a breeze and fresh air.

Nancy-I hope you are enjoying your cruise, you deserve it.
    Steph-I hope you are doing good.
    I will talk to you when the radiation implant us over and feeling good. Janice
  • Shirley61
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes...the humidity is back and I am not fond of it. Bring on the cooler temperatures.

Janice- Good luck you are on the home stretch. <3 Keep us informed but if you are can't we will understand.

Esther - Welcome back from your surgery and it sounds like all went well.

Nancy - I hope you are enjoying some relaxation on your cruise.

Hi to Connie, Ruthie, Step, and Marie who is elevating her legs, doctor's orders. ;)

I still have to take down some laundry which is hung up in the basement and put it away. I need to do some dusting and that's about all I am doing today. Too hot to be outside.

I had yoga class this morning and my lower back wasn't too bad after my fall on the boat. I have a nice
    bruise on the edge of my butt and my lower back is out of whack. I have a chiropractor apt. on Friday so I should be back to normal soon.

Have a cool day everyone!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    janice what is a radiation implant? Never heard of it. ?

Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-They put a container inside you to hold radiation, after they sew a sleeve thing inside you to hold it. It stays in for several hours and then they take container out. I will do that 5 times, they have to put me under to do it. Not totally positive I explained it right, but that's my knowledge of what's going to happen.Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @janiceclark08...thoughts and prayers are with you today.

@eyegirl777va...hope you are having a great time on the cruise!

@CALIECAT...how's that heel?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well Connie Its been 2 months today since I went to the hospital July 8th. i am Still in a lot of pain. still grounded to the house Now no more walmart till I am a lot better. Just my doctors visit the nurse will wrap my leg in ace bandage to help the swelling tomorrow Some cream to put of the blisters and some pills that has the same stuff as yogurt to clean out my intestine. Did not know i had any problem there.Still having to propped my legs up most of the day and still limit to 15 minutes on the computer So went my day yesterday. Did go to my doctor yesterday.
    My bath lady will be by this afternoon

Alice was out yesterday and made my lunch for today and Kathy will stopped at Windy and get me one of there wonderful salads on her way home from work.
    Maybe by the end of Oct I will have better news. The sore on my heel is coming along fine but still hurt Jerry just is not a cook. I think I need to check into meal on wheel.

Janet hang in there girl/ you days will soon be over. Ha Ha i know its not funny but I thought you might be getting a new *kitten* implant. for I never heard of a radiation implant.

You misfits are the sweetness thing Love you all.
    <3 Marie

• Shirley61
    Options
    Janice - Do you have to have this container sewn in everytime you do radiation? Or just once for the whole treatments? Confused. I wish to luck with this and soon will be over.

Lunch today with a past coworker across the river, the US side. Still dealing with construction to get there and the routes are changing every time I go over. It was nice to see Chris again and we will be future facebook friends once I friend her.

Another humid day, and hopefully rain later today. Enjoy the moment.

Shirley

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, We left at 5: 20 am and got home at 3:20. 10 hours, it was along day. First I got iv put in, after taking vitals and my man nurse got it 1st try, then they let Sonny come back in the room while waiting for the surgery, he said my sister was on the way, so I seen her before surgery. When I woke up in recovery I was very sore,I had a catheder, plus the implants,plus a ton of gauze and the sleeve, it is plastic and pretty small, it will stay in until after the last treatment. The 3 implant small containers that hook to the radiation source, come out each time. At one point I developed a 99.8 fever, but it went back down at the oncologist office, where the rest of everything happenned. When we got there they did a CT scan and a physisist, had to the radiation plan, which took 3 hours and another physisist and my doctor had to sign off on it. It's a very precise thing. Finally I was hooked up to radiation source for app.8 minutes, it was a new high powered source. After that it was time to take everything out. I couldn't believe all the packing they pulled out and it didn't feel very good,plus the implants,plus the cathedar and then the iv. One down four to go. I didn't take any pain medicine because it normally don't agree with me. I did have some mild adavan right before they took it out all the stuff. And alittle something for my anxiety before surgery. I did get a horrible head ache laying in bed from my neck and had a warm neck compress and 500 mg tylenol, 2 different times. I took a nap when I got home, I need to eat I have only had a handful of pretzels since yesterday. Gotta go , thanks for your prayers. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Janice glad you are home. hope you get a good night rest. hang in there baby doll. Be thinking of you.
    <3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @janiceclark08...so glad you got through it! It sounds like a very long process, but you are a real trooper and I'm glad you were able to post here and let us know how you are doing. When is the next one? Thoughts and prayers for a restful weekend.

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Janice, thank you for keeping us posted. That sounds like quite the ordeal but localized radiation is a good thing.

We have a full weekend of kids' sports. It will be very hot again so I'm looking for something fun/cool for us to do in between games. Haven't decided on anything for sure yet.

No loss this week urg:-( I'll just keep at it!

Ruthie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

An early day for me I had my chiropractor apt. and trying to get my back in order from my boat fall.

Yesterday was lunch with a past coworker and it was nice catching up again with her and what is going on.

Today we will be heading to the boat to get a pump out from the head (toilet) and then I am not sure what the day will bring. I still have to get some kind of exercise in as yet.

Janice - You are a trooper through this ordeal. You will soon be seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALIECAT...hang in Marie! Healing takes time especially for diabetics. Maybe meals on wheels is a good solution until you are back on your feet and can cook your meals. I bet it would be good for Jerry too.

Connie