Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Good morning, friends!

Janice...fantastic news from your doc! God is good all the time!

Marie...glad you finally got out and that you are healing! Did you get the socks?

Nancy...when are you leaving?

Shirley...are you back home yet?

Steph...good to finally hear from you! How do you get the dough out of the shot glass...fingers, spoon?

Ruthie...where are you?

Cooper and I had a pleasant walk this morning..it will be hot today but heavy rain expected tommorow. I hope I can get my gym time in before the rain. I am pleased to be holding my weight from last week and hopeful I will not fall back into the wasteland of Twoterville! My goal for September is to get as far away from there as possible. Making these little monthly goals seem to help.

Make it a great day, losers?

If not now, when?

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So good to see so many good reports!!!

Connie, We will drive to New Orleans on Saturday and leave Sunday. Got a lot of packing to do!!!!
    We will be traveling with a couple that we have cruised with several time. We love being with them because we are all the non drama types!!!
    We have been with the other type and it can ruin a trip real quick!!!!

I will be MIA after Saturday until September 12th.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Oh we will missed you So have a good time and hurry back.

Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Just updating on me. I'm doing awesome!!! The only pain pills I took was one for therapy and one for the drive home that was supposed to be 2.5 hours. It ended up 5.5 hours. Glad I did take the pill. I am almost to the extension that I was before the replacement. I'm getting around well. I can't complain about my progress.

Esther.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Esther, You are one tough cookie.
    Did you have a total knee replacement?
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

Nancy..have a wonderful and safe trip!

Shirley/Janice...hope to hear from you guys real soon.

Esther...sounds like you are doing well.

Marie...hope your heel is better.

Lots of rain here that we desperately needed. Going to the gym for training but no pool. I will check back later.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, Not alot going on, just taking it easy till I get my implant next Thursday. I hope I start feeling more like myself soon, I just look pale and just not alot of energy. It's nice and cool here today, we got a cold front, I have my windows open, no humidty. It's suppose to be this way a couple of days, it started feeling good yesterday, my husband cooked steak on the grill for fajitas and I sat outside awhile with him and the dog. The dog has been missing me since normally I was outside quite a bit, lately it's just been my husband hanging out with him and feeding him. No plans for the holiday weekend. Have a good weekend everyone. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Good morning,
    At chiropractor getting adjustment before we leave. He has made a real difference in my neck and back.
    Have a great holiday weekend.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Happy Labor Day weekend, misfits!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Yes..... I got back on Monday from our cottage trip and now packing again for the last sailing cruise of the season which we will leave tomorrow for our 5 hour sail. We are only staying until Monday and then returning home.

I have started packing but should finish shortly. Mexican food tonight for dinner, I know probably not
    low cal but we never order this.

Esther - I see by the comments you are doing well with the surgery. I hope all goes fast for the healing.

Janice - One more road to go and you will be finished. Congratulations on how far you have come with your treatments. <3

Marie- Hang in there sweetie, you will beat this, patience with diabetes is all I can say. Healing is very slow.

Steph- I have been trying to stay between 1200-1300 calories but hopefully I will do better after this weekend. Although our meals are planned and we will be riding our bikes again. We can do this!

Connie - I hope your weather is cooling now and your doggy walks are less humid.

I will check in every day. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Picture of Isaac eating a smoothie fruit bar made by his Mom.

prddjsqg6dp6.jpg

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi everyone........

Nancy.....yes it was a total knee.

Thanks everyone for the prayers. It has helped greatly. I saw the doc today before I head home tomorrow. The doc was very impressed. I was the worst case they did this week yet I had made the most progress of anyone. My range of motion was 6-92 degrees prior to surgery. Today it was 10-79 degrees. So I am almost back to where I was before and that is only 4 days out. Not taking any pain pills, no pain to need them. I have been doing some very light shopping today. I needed new bras. I have walked 1.03 miles today so far. And that is with crutches. The doc told me to take it slow. I said I have 2 speeds. Fast or faster. He said how can I slow you down? I said tie me to an IV pole with bad wheels. He said we tried and it didn't help. He then said I hope you have tranny troubles with a smile. At least my doc has a sense of humor. My friends have all commented that I am so much happier. Sadly I get kinda grumpy from the pain. But all is well now. Tomorrow I hit the ferry home. Can't wait to see the hubby again. Will have 36 hour ride with him before I get home.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi My nurse gave me strick orders to keep my leg prop all day.So thats what i did.Also a nice long nap.
    Blisters was popping up all over my leg looks so weird .I did have one that has not popped yet.tonight will probable take care of that.

Alice got my I pad fix today.She had to go on line to see how to do it./. my nurse said no computer work out today But sneak in here for a bit So I say solong for now and go see my sneakers for a bit

marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Haha Marie...rule breaker B)
    Continued prayers that you can get back to your routine.

Connie, I'm here. Thanks for asking. Working on delaying breakfast. Going well so far.

Shirley, such a cute grandson.

Nancy....have fun!!

Esther...36 hours on the ferry??? Do you have any issues with motion sickness? What are the sleeping accommodations like? I'm so happy for you and your new knee.

Yesterday, the kids and I met another mom and kids to hike along a creek. Well, it turned into a pretty steep hike and the creek was more like a raging river! It was beautiful and I left drenched in sweat.

Headed to baseball practice in a few minutes and then to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend with nowhere to be.

If not now, when?
    Ruthie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    my blister on my leg/qm95vu211z9n.jpg
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    a9j3y13r6lj0.jpeg
    Hi Hahn. Here is a pic of my stateroom on the ferry. It has 4 beds but the 2 upper beds are folded up against the wall. I am in a handicapped room thankfully. And no issues with motion sickness. Luckily. I'm off for now. See you when I get home.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lovely room Esther. I know you will be lad to get home to your family.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Where is everyone? Enjoying the weekend I hope.
    We're headed out in a few to hike and visit a quant little German town in north Georgia.

Enjoy the day!!
    Ruthie

P.S. Nice room Esther!!

• CALIECAT
    Options
    my nurse told me to rests this weekend my feet propped up so thats What I did. my legs looks a lot better. I am on my last day of antibiotic. of course the doctor is taking the day off.But I think the nurse will be around. to change my bandage.
    She is having me to weigh every morning to keep an eye on my water retentionI am back down to 172.5 after a high 177 Its been up and down all along the way.

have a great day
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALIECAT...glad to hear the swelling is going down, Marie. I know it helps to keep a pillow under them to keep them propped up.

@JLoRuthie...a hike sounds like fun especially with the humidity down!