Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @janiceclark08...yes, you are right where you need to be. You won't get any rest, but at least all of the issues are being monitored. As long as you have your phone, tablet and the chargers for them, you are good to go!!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Janice <3 So sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but that is the best place right now to get your fever down so you can continue on. Hang tough my friend, we are thinking of you.

Marie - I am jealous you are in the 170's, fantastic. I don't know what my problem is, I guess I am still eating too much. My capris are tight on me as we speak, I did 12 miles today on my bike and am doing
    Fitbit challenges and keeping track of my protein/dairy, fats, fruits, carbs, veges. I guess I will just keep going something has to give.

Nancy - Thanks for sharing about Ben, I guess there is not much you can do but be there for him.
    He will enjoy the cruise when the time comes.

Connie - Our forever strength on this site with all that goes on with all of us. You are keeping well and
    your numbers will go down eventually on that evil scale. >:)

A real down pour last night, sounded like a monsoon I woke up to check to see that we weren't experiencing flooding, but we weren't. All was well this morning except our chairs on the patio are all over the place. The sun is out again and the humidity is still here.  Not a fan of hot weather.

I went on my bike today and biked to another town, stopped at a restaurant had coffee and a blueberry muffin, just me, myself and I. Dave went to have coffee with Steve, the guy who took over his job, so I ventured out. I have been wanting Dave to do this with me for a while now, but there is always excuses.
    So I ventured out myself and covered 12 miles there and back. Peeled my clothes off and had a shower.
    Looking forward to cooler temperatures.

Yesterday was lunch with a friend and the border crossing was crazy busy with lots of construction and detours, so it took me 50 mins to get to my friend's house instead of 30 min. We had a nice lunch but
    not low in calories unfortunatley.

My wild flower garden that I planted this year on the side of our garage went crazy and I had to pull out
    4 plants that were overtaking all others, but with beautiful flowers and hanging over the stepping stones.
    Next year I will have to separate some these plants but I have had so many butterflies and honey bees since I planted the "wildflower forest" I call it.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wanted to let you know my fever broke thursday fairly early and before I fell asleep last night at 10: 30, My temp. was still down at 98.6,,, I am getting antibiotics still, and am waiting on some cultures to develop. I may not get to leave until Saturday. It's 2:30 a.m.I took a 3 1/2 nap, I knew at 2:00, they were coming to give me more meds, so it worked out. My daughter and son came up to the hospital and seen me, I was glad to see them. My husband had been with me all Wednesday night and Thursday morning, went home for awhile and take meds, clean up and get a nap, I told him rest don't hurry back till later, he came up after my radiation, which I was happy I got to get,, he went to Walmart and bought a cute little bag he packed with some goodies for me, and my houseshoes. I seen several doctors yesterday, and a couple of new ones, one thinks I should remove my pic, he's afraid inside me is where it came from with the pic., but I hope I can keep it to get through next 2 chemo's, but if I have to it will come out, but I won't get another one, they will have to go thru my veins, which they said can be done, but my veins aren't the greatest so this pic, has turned out to be very heloful, especially now. I also had to get a shot in my stomach, to prevent blood clots, luckily it didn't hurt, they are really taking good care of me, and very sweet nurses and aides.Today my sister Donna is coming, she has to come out this way anyway to pick up some meds. I'm should have several drs. come by today, plus radiation again, after today's visit 6 more radiation, and 2 chemo's left.I am feeling alot better, thank god. I can't believe had bad I got to feeling Wed night.They are giving me a special probiotic to prevent a vaginal infection from the antibiotics which is great, that's all I need is that down there . We'll gotta go, I need to think about going back to sleep. Janice.
  • lovesretirement
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Janice...I had to laugh at "that's all I need down there"...ain't that the truth! We women have so much more to bear than men! I can relate to the shots...when I had atrial fribrillation, I had to learn how to give them to myself to prevent the clots. After the blood got thin enough, I could switch to a pill. It's good that you have to grab the skin fold in the stomach for the needle...I had plenty of that! Kudos to your hubs for his support!

Shirley...I am barely holding on...every day is a challenge. Your lone bike ride must have been refreshing...I love my "me" time.

On my way to the gym and will be back later to check on y'all.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    janice so glad your fever broke and for your nice report on you stay. You have a wonderful hubby.My husband has also been great with me too.. But I think he will be glad wen I get back to normal. Me too.I don't \ike being a burden to my family.
    I am still down 4 lbs for the week. 170.4 At least I am getting closer to the 160's
    Time to hobble back to the sitting room and get my foot prof up.
    See you guys later
    Love Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

wow, a lot has been going on here!

janice, so glad things are under control, just a little bump in the road, you are so so close with only 2 chemos left and a week or so of radiation. i know you can do this, hang in there!

marie, you are killing it on the weight loss. i see a loss for you almost every time i log on:)

connie, hope you are hanging in there!

nancy, the cruise sounds great! you are an excellent partner/wife, keep it up:)

shirley, you are as busy as ever

things have been busy with me, my daughter turned 16 got her license and we had a nice Sweet 16 party. i ate cake:) my son actually has a virus called hands, foot and mouth which kids normally get when they are under age 5. he has been a good patient as always:) i feel bad because he has been stuck with me the last week of summer:( we have cleaned out a lot in the house which is good.

in terms of weight loss, there has been none. i have given a lot of thought to this and think i am going to go with my docs advice and try to eat around 1200 cals consistently and see if this helps. i know this is against everything the EM2WL group says but i just can't gain more weight mentally and i have not been good all summer about tracking everything.

i am off to my trainer and then hanging with the kids today:)

Stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Steph - I know what you mean about getting that scale to move. I am trying the 1200 calories too, but
    the two days have gone over. I am tracking fats, carbs, protein/dairy, veges, fruits and sweets.
    For a 1200 calorie diet you track: fats 3 a day, carbs 4, protein/dairy 3, veges 4, fruits 3 and sweets.
    So far these last two weeks the scale has been moving down. I am also tracking this on paper and keeping track of how many calories I use each day. I know kind of a pain but its working.

Janice - I see you are back on track and no fever. I hope you get your last two chemos in and you can
    breathe again. Always thinking of you. <3

I had my mammogram this morning and took an Advil just in case because of the pain. It was quite the opposite and not too bad. They have received a new machine the last 4 years and there was definitely a difference in the pain. Now I wait for a week for the results, we don't get our results right away like the US does. Its Canada and Socialized medicine here, you wait.

Its another hot one today so I have left taking my walk until tonight after dinner. I cleaned my two flower plants in front of the house, they look like they are on their way out so maybe I can save them a little longer. I am just doing things around the house today, little things that I just leave go.

Have good day everyone!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone,

Janice, So glad that things are getting better. I know you are not happy being in the hospital but
    just let them take care of you and this thing will be over with before long.

Marie, You are just showing out with all this weight loss. Wish that heel would just hurry and get well so you can get back to doing what you want to do.

Connie, It just a constant struggle with staying with the weight loss journey and not not getting discouraged.

I just scheduled a chiropractic appointment for
    Monday. I am still having some feelings of being off balance since I had the Vertigo episode. I have some neck issues and hopefully the chiropractor can get me back in alignment. I called to get an appt. with the one I have used for several years to find out that she was no longer there and they would not tell me what group she is with. So I will be going to a new group. Hope I can get this corrected before cruise time.
    I am down a couple pounds as my appetite is not so good as I am a bit nauseated a lot.

Shirley, Nice ride!!! I know it is so much fun when the breeze hits you in the face. I was riding 10-15 miles a few years back and I really miss it now. I almost had a bad accident on a ride several years ago. I was going down a hill really fast and a dog got after me and as I looked back at the dog I ran off the road and just missed a mail box. It still scares me when I think about it.

Steph, Good to see you. You are a busy lady.

See you later,
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @Shirley61...I have to wait about a week or so for results as they are mailed out. Agree...they are no fun! Hope all goes well for you.

@janiceclark08...hope you are doing well today!

@CALIECAT...congrats on weight loss!! How's the heal heeling?

Have a great weekend, misfits!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I was released late yesterday, I have to go back to hospital today and tomorrow to get bone marrow shots, not feeling very good, been sleeping alot. They sent me home with antibiotics, they still don't know why my temp. did that. Gotta go, Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Janetglad you are home.. Hope you get to feeling better.

We are having heavy downpours this morning.

Connie my healing is a slow pocess. Very slow.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie...off my game this morning...should be "heel healing"...wish we had the rain you guys are getting.

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Janice - Glad that you are home now. :)

Today is another hot one, I went for my walk this morning and once again peeled my clothes off and to hang them to dry before putting them in the hamper. Cooler temps anytime now, not that I am liking snow just some cooler weather.

I made homemade soup, cold pasta salad and salad dressing to take to the cottage. We leave on Monday for a week and taking my MIL again.

Tonight we are going to our sailing club for a Podcast of The Tragically Hip concert. The lead singer
    has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer so this will be their fairwell tour. They are originally from Kingston, Ontario. All kinds of venues are selling tickets for this concert, ours will be free!!

Have a good night,

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning. Hope this find you all well and happy. I am doing ok . My heel stll hurt but able to to walk some but still on my tippy toes. Time for a pain pill just wanted to check in with you guys
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! Just completed a long weekend at a soccer tournament. We had an 8am game Sat. and I still haven't fully recovered from waking at 5 am and all the driving (not to mention the heat!)

Youth sports have become so competitive with kids specializing very early. Both of mine still play many sports and are therefor not "elite" in any...sigh. But, they have fun and are good in lots of sports.

I'm holding steady but ready to see some good loses. Will get strict with tracking this week.

I'll check in with everyone individually tomorrow.

Ruthie

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I felt better yesterday and we went and I got my shot to add white blood cells, I had to go get one Saturday, too. It's a bone marrow shot of some kind, but it doesn't go in the bone, just fatty tissues of arm or stomach. I sat outside for alittle bit in the shade, while my husband cooked barbecued chicken on grill. It was good. The main thing I have to do today is go to radiation, so I hope I continue feeling ok. I am still taking antibiotics, and haven't had a fever. Just taking one day at a time, trying to get thru these treatments.They apparently scheduled a procedure for next Monday, to sew a sleeve in vaginal to hold radiation implants, I'm going to have to double check on that, since no one told me, it was on upcoming appointments of mine, on my hospital release paperwork. Just wanted to check in, I have been trying to rest alot. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

I hope all of you are doing well today. It is a little cooler here this morning which made the dog walk more pleasant. I don't have too much planned other than errands and housework. I'm getting an estimate on fence staining so that cuts into my pool class. I've been reading about the benefits of intermittent fasting which is proving to be rather interesting...may incorporate more of that to get things moving. Already eating all cals within an eight hour window but may need to do a little more.

Stay strong, losers! Never give up the fight!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    I gain 1 .4 yesterday stayed off the scales this morning.Too discouraging. Alice pick up a kroger brand of old fashioned oatmeal and it got my stomach all mess up . I have been eating quaker oats old fashion and it does not give me any problem Sent Jerry to store for some quaker oats and he came back with a different brand so I have not had any oats in couple days. And I am starving by lunch time.

Its been almost 2 months since I went to the hospital and I will be glad to get this stage of my life over with, Its been that long since I been to Walmart. And I missed it.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Janice, So glad you are feeling better. Hope the procedure next week will go well. I love the way they schedule things and fail to tell the patient. We have had some of those things happen on Ben's treatment journey.

Marie, Sorry you can't seem to get your Quaker
    Oat Meal!!! I know you will be happy when you can get out and do your shopping again.

I had my Chiropractor appt. this morning and it went well. Am seeing a new one that is closer to me. He thinks after taking neck x-rays that at least some of my vertigo is caused from neck issues. I had never believed in chiropractic care
    until I had headaches a few years ago that nothing helped until I went to a Chiropractor and he completely cured that problem.

Esther, Your countdown is getting close!!! I know you are excited!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy i sure will. An do my on cooking, the nurse just
    left and she saidmy foot looks alot better. May me feel good.